Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe torren will accidentally activate an ancient device that ages him into a teenager?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Hmm I see your point but I don't think it was a bad thing as it helped develop Ronon too.
      Oh, I agree. I love Ronon, and I'm thrilled he was added to the show. But, it decreased Teyla's uniqueness. It would be like adding Bra'tac to SG-1.

I'm happy that the writers are showing Teyla growing, developing new skills, making a different kind of contribution to the team. It not only gives her something relevant to do, but it takes a tiny bit of the burden away from McKay having to be in 10 places at the same time.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Ooops. Now I feel bad. Too used to defending her I mistook your post.
      Spoiler:

Oops wrong again.*must take another dose of smart pills.*
      Hee! Not a problem. ((HUG))
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
        You misunderstand. I didn't say she wasn't useful. I said she wasn't unique. In S1, she was the expert on Pegasus helping the team make allies, etc. With the introduction of Ronon and contact with Earth established, she was no longer the unique Pegasus expert and her knowledge of trade with other worlds was not used.
        you're absolutely right about that.
        we haven't seen any of Teyla's so called contacts since season 1.
        what happened to all those offworld "friends" that were willing to take the Athosians in?

Comment

Oh, I agree. I love Ronon, and I'm thrilled he was added to the show. But, it decreased Teyla's uniqueness. It would be like adding Bra'tac to SG-1.
          Agreed. Though that would have been interesting to see.

I'm happy that the writers are showing Teyla growing, developing new skills, making a different kind of contribution to the team. It not only gives her something relevant to do, but it takes a tiny bit of the burden away from McKay having to be in 10 places at the same time.
          Same here.

Hee! Not a problem. ((HUG))
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by grime View Post
            maybe torren will accidentally activate an ancient device that ages him into a teenager?
            lol. I hope that's a joke.

Because I seriously do not want to see that.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Do kids actually age if wraith feed on them? Todd, we need you for a little fine-tuning.
              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

Please no angsty tween nonsense!

Comment

I hope not.
                  I'm happy that the writers are showing Teyla growing, developing new skills, making a different kind of contribution to the team. It not only gives her something relevant to do, but it takes a tiny bit of the burden away from McKay having to be in 10 places at the same time.?*
                  Your not the only my whumper obsessed friend
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

Me neither. No turning Atlantis into 90210.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                      Do kids actually age if wraith feed on them? Todd, we need you for a little fine-tuning.
                      Does this count as wanting... Torren-whump...?

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                        Doubtful. They would probably just wither and die like an adult does. Aging and growing would be, in this case, distinctly separate.

Comment

Was Teyla's "real life of real people" sentence a little hint to the SG-1's 200th episode?

"I'm so sick of being treated like some sort of object to be worshiped. I'm a real person with real feelings."

"I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            Was Teyla's "real life of real people" sentence a little hint to the SG-1's 200th episode?

"I'm so sick of being treated like some sort of object to be worshiped. I'm a real person with real feelings."

What scene did Teyla say that? I must have missed it.

Comment

I think it was when Teyla and Ronon were looking for supplies and talking about alternate realities.

Comment

No, it was teenage!Vala's line in 200.

Comment

Working...
                                X