Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was asking about Teyla. I assume she wasn't in 200.

Comment

Which line are we talking about?

Ok yeah, the "real life real people" thing is from the cargo bay room scene where Ronon was talking about millions of alternate Torrens, and the bigger quote is from 200.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
        Do kids actually age if wraith feed on them? Todd, we need you for a little fine-tuning.
        "Try the Veal"
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Sorry, my quote was from 200, which was said by YoungVala.

This is from Daedalus Variations:

TEYLA: The others that we found -- do you think their lives were very similar to ours?

DEX: Who cares?

TEYLA: How can you say that?

DEX: We've seen our doubles before.

TEYLA: Not Replicator-manufactured copies -- these were real people with real lives. I can't help but wonder who might still be waiting for her back on her Atlantis.
          http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s5/transcripts/504.shtml
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

lol!

yeah, just joking about teenage torren! i wouldn't want him to pull a connor, from angel.

"try the veal" = lol

Comment

yeah, just joking about teenage torren! i wouldn't want him to pull a connor, from angel.
              Noooooo, no more Conner's! It's scary even as a joke!
              Spoiler:
              And how creepy was it when he got with Cordie? (even if it turned out not to be her really)

Comment

oh man, now all i can think about are the possible gross relationships of suddenly-teenaged torren!

you know, if he didn't know teyla was his mom, she would most def be very attractive to him. that's basically the worst atlantis-related thought i've ever had...

and besides keller, there aren't any more ladies for him to get with. atlantis needs more ladies! ... i still miss weir ...

okay, i'm sorry ... i know this is an upsetting topic!

lol

Comment

adult!Torren/Keller ftw!

I'll be going now.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Which line are we talking about?

Ok yeah, the "real life real people" thing is from the cargo bay room scene where Ronon was talking about millions of alternate Torrens, and the bigger quote is from 200.
                    Exactly.

Comment

And I'm caught up with Atlantis season 5....

Just watched this and I have to say - This is the weakest episode of the first 4.

It's boring, and as far as fillers go... Weak! Very weak!

They obviously spend all their money on CG, trying their very best to imitate the dogfights between Vipers and Raiders. Yet they fail in that regard. Nothing beats a good dogfight between a Viper and a Cylon Raider.

GOOD

* Rodney - he made me giggle exactly 3 times

* Teyla getting to show off her intelligence. A warrior, a leader and intelligent. Kanaan is a lucky man. And I kinda like that worried edge around her, where she seems constantly afraid she won't return to Torren. It gives her more depth as a character, to me anyway.

* Sheppard complementing himself.

* Ronon trying to figure out the weapons-system - when all else fails, hit the keyboard!

* Rodney getting to hold Torren in the end, even after he dropped him. And if there's one person who would drop him, I knew it would be him. Typically Rodney!

* Teyla and Ronon talking, while looking for supplies. Sweet!

* Lorne in command of Atlantis

BAD

* "We are the Borg! Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!" *insert drone-like voice* - dumb, dumb, dumb - I like aliens that don't look like any other human being on the planet but these were just plain stupid. A poor copy of the borg with no other purpose than to bring some action into the whole "Daedalus Adventure" *yawn*
                      Cause we'll probably never hear of these hulk wannabe's ever again.

* The story - there was no depth, no deeper meaning, no substance. It felt like it was written between the main course and dessert.

I gave it a 3 on the GW scale - I hate mindless popcorn entertainment.

Edit: it seems I need to lower my standards (yes, they are extremely high - quality is important for me), or change them drastically. Either that, or I have been watching a different episode.
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 06 August 2008, 03:10 PM.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Edit: it seems I need to lower my standards (yes, they are extremely high - quality is important for me), or change them drastically. Either that, or I have been watching a different episode.
                        I'm gonna go with "change"... Doesn't suggest that those of us who did like it have lower standards...
                        Last edited by Naonak; 06 August 2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                          I'm gonna go with "change"... Doesn't suggest that those of us who did like it have lower standards...
                          No, it means mine are way too high for this show, and cannot be applied.
                          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 07 August 2008, 03:42 AM.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            No, it means mine are way too high for this sow, and cannot be applied.
                            I like that you inadvertently referred to the show as a pig. LOL

Comment

Oink!

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                              Noooooo, no more Conner's! It's scary even as a joke!
                              Spoiler:
                              And how creepy was it when he got with Cordie? (even if it turned out not to be her really)
                              That was pretty darn creepy!

The Daedalus Variations was a fun episode! The cyborg baddies were butt-kicking good, and I liked their symbol (which I'm calling Angry Dancing Man), their green flame lasers, and their ships. It seemed their ships (and the AU's F-302s) moved a lot faster than our 302s, but that could've been how it was drawn.

Nice team moments, balanced with "danger!" and arriving home safely for McKay to hold Torren. (Ahhhhhh!)

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

It's probably never a good idea to use any variation of a Holly Hop Drive. Good thing they didn't meet the gender bender univserse.

Ahem. I liked it, even if it was a bit dull. And the end with Rodney and the baby = just too cute. I squeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X