Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really not impressed with the entire episode. Carson just seemed out of place and they didn't even try to disguise the fact that they used the same set as in Whispers ( I kind of ruled out the fact that it was the same village b/c they refered to the passages underground as mines and not catacombs, along w/ other things).

I liked the Wraith in this episode and when they blew up the retards in the mine, oh and when they were fighting the Wraith at the gate and Ronan shot one and he flew back that was pretty sweet.

But like I said this episode was still not very good.

Comment

My thought on the episode...well it wasn't the best episode that they had filmed but there was somthing thad confused me about that episode and it still baffles me to this day..

in epiode 502 "the seed", it had been said the would have to go back to earth after Dr Keller found a way of keeping him alive....so i asumed he went back to earth to get better.

so in this episode, how did he manage to get well enought to go back to the planet and help these people?

Comment

Magic!!!

Comment

SGA - MGM Stargate: Video: Paul McGillion Talks About Outsiders:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=779

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Not much to say really...

I had a feeling it was not that bad - there was something of old Atlantis shining through. The CG of the village was bad. My Medal of Honor CG of 3 years ago looks ten times better than that. Good to see Carson again, Carson and Rodney were fun to watch. Carson immune to feeding - I saw it coming when the Wraith was threatening to feed, but still a nice surprise. Rodney and Carson squeezed into that dart. *snort*

Overall, not bad. A whiff of good old Atlantis.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah Beckett!

Comment

YEA great ep, carson pwned
                sigpic

Comment

Not one of the best episodes but I loved that Carson saved the day so to speak on thehive ship. Him and Rodney bickering in the seat of the dart was the best part.
                  sigpic

Comment

I’ve been watching a few season 5 episodes that I liked to see if they improved for me on the second go ‘round, and Outsiders is one of the few that I decided to rewatch. First things first, I noticed that the make-up people didn’t put make-up on the leader Wraith’s neck so you can totally see a human neck with a Wraith head. Someone should have caught this:

Anyhoo, Outsiders is about as good as it gets for another “Medieval Village” *sigh* story. The great thing is that the focus didn’t continuously stay on the village setting/people even though the team was working to save them. I thought that Beckett and McKay on the hive ship was great, and the whole story worked out well because of its significance. I love how after all of the changes that Carson has gone through during the last 5 years (2 of which where he was tortured by and pressured into helping Michael), he finally stands up to the Wraith and says he’s not afraid of them anymore, so bullying, bribing, and threats of torture and/or death will no longer work because he’s had it. He refuses to be used by them and to play by their ever-changing rules. (An added bonus is that this is one of the few Keller-free episodes of the season. Thank you writing-god Alan M.)

All in all, it’s a good episode. While I liked Outsiders the first time I watched it, after a second viewing, I definitely think that this is one of the best episodes of the season. It may even become one of my favorites. I can definitely watch this one time and time again and enjoy it all the way through. I don’t know why I didn’t love this the first time around (???). Then again, perhaps I do. I think I was waiting for Carson to get his old job back during season 5, and that line from Carson in the beginning about not missing Atlantis didn’t make sense to me. I could understand him feeling obligated to help people by becoming a “doctor without borders,” but not missing his home didn’t make any sense. I don’t buy it. It was like the writers were trying to make the audience okay with the fact that he wasn’t going to get his job back instead of focusing on giving it back to him. Anyway, that’s my main quibble. I like the part where Carson asks Rodney if he’s interested in anyone at the end, but I don’t like that Keller is the one Rodney doesn’t want to mention... (She makes me miss Katie.)

Oh - And the best part about this episode:

My team is back, and you’re gonna be in trouble. =

Hey-la, Hey-la. My team is back!

When you see them comin’ better cut out on the double.

Hey-now, Hey-now. My team is back! (Go Beckett!! )

It didn‘t last, but it was nice while it did.

Comment

You notice that Teyla is waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy at the back there
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        You notice that Teyla is waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy at the back there
                        That's why it was called outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          That's why it was called outsiders.
                          Ah right, silly me
                          sigpic

Comment

In some of the episodes, does she even speak?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                              In some of the episodes, does she even speak?
                              When she's in the episode she'll have words - even if it's only in the Previously on Stargate Atlantis... trust me I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                When she's in the episode she'll have words - even if it's only in the Previously on Stargate Atlantis... trust me I know.
                                And I can vouch for that
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X