This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

What an amazing location for that episode! Right when Todd's finished with them, maybe...

Or maybe I should reword that to 'right after Todd leaves again'...

Guess the first one makes it look like Todd's behind it... Subtle hints from Todd's Worshippers to other people, and the entire galaxy knows about things...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Subtle hints from Todd's Worshippers to other people, and the entire galaxy knows about things...
      GoSpikey have you been leaking secrets?

Todd will be most displeased

Comment

He can deal with me later!

It's physio time!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I tried to find out the solution of this episode:

1. Woolsey could save them with a long, good, but boring speech.
          A rousing closing argument during the trial? I hope it's not that easy even though I am terribly excited about seeing Woolsey put his skills to use saving the Team.

2. The Genii leader or Todd or Harmony will appear to speak about the expedition.
          I don't think that helping the Genii and Harmony negate all the bad decisions and questionable actions the Atlantis expedition has taken. At least it shouldn't. And while Ladon and Harmony may testify as character witnesses as to the ultimate "goodness" of the Team, Todd would be shot first and asked later.

3. They will balance the negative actions with the good actions (for example: stopped the Replicators, saved civilizations in Game and Ark etc.). Teyla and Ronon will speak about the Athosia and Sateda's fate.
          Sure they saved the civilization in "The Game", but if they hadn't interfered and played the game then they wouldn't have needed saving in the first place. In that case, they were cleaning up their own mess.

And they didn't even try to save the thousand people in the stasis pod in "The Ark" until Teyla was stuck inside. So in that case, they were saving Teyla and everyone else was just gravy.

4. The new enemy will attack them, but the expedition will protect them. But it would be so similar in SG-1's 5x17 Warrior.
          Please no. One good deed does not absolve them of the atrocities committed. That would be like bribing the tribunal's Coalition with their lives.

5. They will expose a secret Wraith supporter group in the coalition, which tried to lead the people into a trap.
          The last thing TPTB need to do is make yet another oversight committe pointless, stupid, and against the "good guys". Much like they did with the IOA. Oversight organizations are necessary, PTB!!!

That would be such a cop out to this whole plot - suggesting that the only reason anyone would wish to hold the Atlantis expedition accountable for their actions is because they're Wraith worshippers and not just well-meaning, justice-seeking people.

I think at the end they will get sympathy, so Atlantis will be the capital city of the new alliance. But if this will happen, than how can they keep the city in secret?
          I think the secret was out a long time ago.

If the Atlantis does become the capital of this new alliance and becomes that much closer to becoming the governing body of the Pegasus Galaxy, I will scream "Military Dictatorship"! There's a reason why the body that protects the people and fights for the people, also does not govern the people - it's too easy (as we have seen throughout history and even in the present day) for the military to be corrupted by power and begin to see the people as the enemy.

Gets a thought about Inquisition:

What if that was part of Todd's plan? Work with the Lanteans, eventually the humans will hear about it, and they won't be happy.

The Lanteans power in the galaxy will fall a bit if the people don't like them much for working with the Wraith, right?

And the 'Genii' want to be the military force behind the coalition? Is that Ladon, or someone else?
          That theory sounds good and if it were applicable to any other situation than this one, that remains very close to my heart, I would be right there with you because I love a complex conspiracy.

But I have waited for the Atlantis expedition to be held accountable for war crimes for so long that I just want this to be Pegasus residents holding them responsible for their actions.

What I would like to see is the Team ultimately being found guilty of war crimes and sentenced to death or exiled from Pegasus.

If death, then I'd like to see them escape from their prison cell somehow, make it back to Atlantis, set up the shield, and hide out while trying to form a plan to change the Coalition's mind.

Then Michael can strike on the planet of the Coalition and Atlantis will come to their rescue. The Coalition will see that for all the wrong they may have done, the Atlanteans still serve a purpose that not many others, even the Travellers, can fulfill in the galaxy.

So they let them off the hook for the time being, but establish in the Pegasus Galaxy a smart oversight committee (the continued presence of the Coalition) to hold them accountable for their actions.

And ideally this would be a two-parter, with part one ending with the guilty verdict and the sentence of death.

But that's just me.
          Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 26 May 2008, 08:58 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I place my bets on mr. Woolsey. It's time for him to finally use his skills for the expedition.
            Mia: Don't you hate that?
            Vincent: Hate what?
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I dunno if they'll be 'sentenced to death', as they know there's a lot of Lanteans, and they'll just keep on coming, or doing the same things. At least not as a team, they'll have to be sentenced individually.

They might ask them to leave the Galaxy, and even leave Atlantis to them so they can coordinate their military actions from there (there goes Atlantis to the Genii again).

But which Genii are behind all this? Ladon would so like to be the military man behind the Coalition, right? After all, he's Genii. Don't forget he's only apparently got a small group of men behind him, though. And the Lanteans did refuse to basically feed him to Todd. But there's also the fact that whenever Sheppard encounters Genii offworld, he gets shot at, and Ladon or his representative failed to show up in TLM... So maybe they're up to something.

And they definitely know about Michael, because Atlantis has had to have told them in between K2 and TLM!

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                I place my bets on mr. Woolsey. It's time for him to finally use his skills for the expedition.
                I agree. He'll give a passionate speech about the reasons they are good for the galaxy.

Comment

I agree. He'll give a passionate speech about the reasons they are good for the galaxy.
                  yeah this might be Woolsey's big episode in the back half
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Woolsey's first off-world trip?

Comment

possibly
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

He must be nervous about that alone!

Watching "Thor's Chariot"

Comment

Woolsey has been off world before. Remember the Ori bugs?
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

^Well technically Atlantis is "off-world".

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                              Woolsey has been off world before. Remember the Ori bugs?
                              The Scourge yeah however it could be his first offworld trip since becoming commander of Atlantis.
                              Last edited by Mitchell82; 27 May 2008, 12:56 PM. Reason: rewording
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                The Scourge yeah however it would be his first offworld trip since becoming commander of Atlantis.
                                Since the season hasn't aired, that's speculation.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X