This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post
    What I don't get is that it seems anything made by the Ancients is fairly easy to use EXCEPT when it comes to their version of a cell phone.

It's as if you call your mother but the only way to end the call is to blow up your phone.
    *laughs* Nice sig too, by the way.

Is it really their version of the cell phone, though? A long-range communication device to be sure, but it might not really be an intended equivalent.

It could be the same as anyone on Earth from centuries past suddenly finding a phone in the modern age. They might find a speed-dial button and call somebody, but they won't know how to shut it off again, just like, as you said, SGC's/Atlantis's only way to deactivate one of these is to blow it up.

Just because the humans of Earth haven't figured out how to deactivate the device without destroying it doesn't mean there isn't a way in the device's design, right?

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
      snip

I can stab you with a can or tuna is I tried ahrd enough
      my cats would try to eat me after that
      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

so they shot the device and immediately assume that keller is back?

why not ask her a few questions to make sure its really her and not the other chick pretending to be her again?

we as the audience could see that its her but they couldn't !

i was hoping Keller would have a laugh by pretending to be the other chick in the end, and scare the hell out of Rodney or Zelekna... but it didn't happen : (

Comment

Oh where to start......

Dissapointed would be a word to describe this. I agree very much with i_adore_atlantis I don't know what's happened this season, but i'm not enjoying it. I'm having enormous difficulty with enjoying particularly the latter half of the season, whether it's the style or non uniformity, or the stories, or placement of characters i'm not sure. The premise of this ep was very much like the storyline in SG1 as mentioned by Rodney. Now I have no problems with writers taken a snippet of something that happened previously and buidling on it, but for me there really wasn't that much difference between this and the SG1 version. And that one wasn't great either.

I love Rodney, he's always been one of my fave characters, but I just feel as if he's become schizophrenic this season, his demenour, his mood changes drastically depending on whomever he is with, and I just don't get that inconsistency... and there was one line in there and I honestly thought what have you done with Rodney, and that bit was when Radek was stabbed and bleeding to death.

I mean seriously, this is his friend, and he demeans what's happened to him? I just shook my head in disgust. This whole McKay and Keller focus for me has overtaken everything. The focus now seems for me no longer on the team or on Atlantis, it's all about McKay and Keller and them getting as much screen time and development as humanely possible before the end of the season... What's happened to the interactions of the team? They now just show up fire a few rounds and go running around the woods? *yawn* And Ronon knowing something was wrong with Keller before Rodney? Where did that come from? Yes Ronon is intuitive, but seriously McKay doesn't realise that something is drastic wrong with Keller? His girlfriend, the love of his life that he knows in the most intimate ways?

I thought it was very kind of them to at least give Shep and Teyla a few lines, but the substance for me isn't there. It's not enough they go through the woods trying to rescue Keller AGAIN!! That's not why I tune in. Suprisingly I tune in for interaction and development of the team, and that just doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Why do they need Shep/Teyla/Ronon anymore given the script they're given... any actor could do what they've been given the last few eps. They've all gone back to being 2 dimensional cardboard cutouts with nothing to do, and no development.

Enough with the Keller and McKay focus!!! JM pointed out on his blog that Keller hasn't had that much focus this season. I disagree. She's had Tracker, Identity, Brain Storm, The Seed. The focus and the storyline has been on her!! Tracker.. Keller gets kidnapped, Identity... Keller gets kidnapped... Brain Storm... Keller and McKay getting their leg over... The Seed.. Keller being infected by an organism... That's 4 episodes where the focus is on Keller and to a large degree McKay. Where is that opportunity for Shep, for Teyla, for Ronon???

I'm just annoyed, frustrated and pissed off that it's come down to this. The show I love is now just a shell of itself. I mean could the device not have infected Teyla? Would that not have been a good development for her? Could she not have been the one to have been body swapped? Would it really have been that difficult particularly as she is female also? Ah but silly me, I forget that Teyla is just there for decoration... *iz gutted*

So disappointed
          Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 13 December 2008, 08:12 AM. Reason: need to learn to spell

Comment

Originally posted by i_adore_atlantis View Post
            What happened to my favorite show?

I loved the show to bits for the first 4 years and up to early season 5, but then it went downhill (IMO) so quickly and I can't understand why. These are mainly the same writers who gave us the wonderful seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4. How could they come up with... this?

It's a pity, because IMO Woolsey is far better than Carter and has far better chemistry with the characters, so this season had the potential of being even better than season 4.

But suddenly the writers decided to disregard the team dynamics, to forget about the interaction between John, Ronon, Rodney and Teyla; to wallpaper John and Teyla, and the only reason Ronon has been there more than John and Teyla is because they decided to make him part of the stupid love triangle. He would've been wallpapered as much as John and Teyla otherwise.

I didn't mind Keller as a background character last season but with the Keller overdose this season, I can't stand her anymore. I don't understand why they decided to focus so much on a background character.

I used to love Rodney and I still like him somehow when he's not in the same room as Keller... but they've ruined the character so much this season that he has become my least favorite character among the team members.

And this episode was more of the same stuff that we've been getting this season. Out of the 18 episodes aired so far only 7 at most have been very good/excellent. The rest were all bad/mediocre/meh (IMO).

Why would I care to watch an episode focused on a guest star? It could've been an episode focused on the team, or, if they wanted to focus on a character, they could've focused on Ronon, John or Teyla, who have been so neglected this season. I don't tune in to watch the guest-hour show with an overdose of McKay and Keller.

I'll watch until the bitter end (it's not like we have a lot more left anyway) out of respect for Joe, Rachel, Jason and David (even if they've ruined David's character). But, to be honest, had there been a season 6, I'm not sure I could've watched it, unless they dropped the Keller and McKeller lovefest.

Seeing the show I loved for 4 1/4 years end up like this is so frustrating and disappointing
            Agreed, completely.
            sigpic

Comment

Geez people a few poor eps and the entire season is shot? Give me a break.
              sigpic

Comment

They must have, because this sure isn't the show that I've watched and grown to love for almost 4 1/2 years.
                What happened to the adventures of our Team and the great city of Atlantis?
                Watching this episode in conjuction with so much of the focus in many of the others this season on McKeller and the Perils of Jennifer, I am wondering, who switched out Atlantis with this imposter?

Comment

this show is a crap since s2
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    That is your opinion dude. Yet the ratings have gone up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Nearly half a season though is not a few eps though Brian... I thought the first few eps of S5 were great, but we've had so few team eps this year and the focus of giving development to characters has shifted to just two of the main characters... that's unbalanced. I fell in love with the team and Atlantis, and we've not had that for a long time. And when we have had it, it's been bitty and the focus has not been on the team! I still love SGA and will watch to the end and buy the DVD in the hope we'll get some great stuff, but after eps like this, Tracker, BS, sorry I want my team back and I wnat the doctor back to doing doctoring.....

Comment

Ratings are hardly a good measurement of quality
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

quality is not equal to popularity. Brian
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Well only a few good eps for me.... about 5. Out of 18 so far that's not really all that stellar..
                            Most of the season has been wasted potential IMO...... The team are non existant except for Search and Rescue.... they may have been together in the same eps for a few more but no team feeling at all... I can count on one hand when any of them actually interacted with one another....

They just came across as kinda bored in Identity.. been there.. done this.. way too may times.

Why on earth do the writers give so much screentime to a guest star when we have only 2 eps left... why not Ronon or Teyla as they have been totally ignored this season.... why another Keller and McKeller focused episode...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              Not for me.. season 2 was my least fav season.... season three and four were great....season five started off wonderfully but has gotten steadily worse over the second half of the season...

I wouldnt call hovering at around 1.2 million going up...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Ratings are hardly a good measurement of quality
                                No it's a good measurement of people still being interested in the show, meaning they like what they are seeing.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                                Well only a few good eps for me.... about 5. Out of 18 so far that's not really all that stellar..
                                Most of the season has been wasted potential IMO...... The team are non existant except for Search and Rescue.... they may have been together in the same eps for a few more but no team feeling at all... I can count on one hand when any of them actually interacted with one another....

They just came across as kinda bored in Identity.. been there.. done this.. way too may times.

Why on earth do the writers give so much screentime to a guest star when we have only 2 eps left... why not Ronon or Teyla as they have been totally ignored this season.... why another Keller and McKeller focused episode...
                                Well I admit Season 4 was the best, Season 5 lost it's zing. I honestly think the first half was better than the 2nd half, but I think the last 2 eps are going to be epic. 2nd half had eps like "The Prodigial", "Outsiders", "Remnants", and "The Lost Tribe". All really good eps, imho.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X