Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

definitely better than those. i didn't have to hit the mute button like i did in brain storm

I doubt it's going to be on the top of anyone's rewatch list, but it certainly could have been worse.

now, others, what did you like?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

^^^^^

SGU...*shakes head*
      "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        definitely better than those. i didn't have to hit the mute button like i did in brain stormI doubt it's going to be on the top of anyone's rewatch list, but it certainly could have been worse.now, others, what did you like?
        It gave me an excues to stop studying for an hour

I liked the Ancient communication device and at the same disliked it. It was nice to se continunity ever if it did countradict past continunity.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Here are the culprits:

What's the blue object next to the pliers
          sigpic

Comment

Here's a challenge, what did you like about it?
            Hmm, I like a challenge... What did I like about it?

The fact that I didn't watch it! LOL

Comment

I agree it was ridiculous. Especially since the pliers also had to penetrate his shirt.

As for what the blue object is? It looks like a pencil sharpener or cork screw of some sort.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
              MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I agree they don't need anymore episodes like this -- Especially episodes without any Wraith for that matter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Great episode. I only have the "Well there is two epsidoes left now why do this type of story" complaint.

I mean if there was another season it wouldn't matter but you can just tell that even at this point they all assumed there would be a season 6 and just kept the ball rolling. Not the TPTB's problem, more of MGM's.

Least Vegas and Enemy at the Gate seem to be linked somehow (maybe).

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post

Least Vegas and Enemy at the Gate seem to be linked somehow (maybe).
                    They are linked in an epic way. I am so excited about the last two eps. SGA is going out in style!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Where, oh where have the characters gone?

No, seriously. I found myself, whilst struggling to stay tuned in throughout this episode, gaping incredulously at certain points during Identity. I should be more specific. What I really am is confuzzled as to what happened to some aspects of character development and where they could have gone?

Is Rodney's compassion hiding under a rock?

Did Keller's courage go on vacation along with her basic ability to formulate complex thoughts beyond, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"?

Teyla who?

Third to last episode of the series and this is what TPTB deigned to serve? Who were those people?
                      sigpic

Comment

definitely better than those. i didn't have to hit the mute button like i did in brain storm

I doubt it's going to be on the top of anyone's rewatch list, but it certainly could have been worse.

now, others, what did you like?
                        The Vegas trailer at the end?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                          I agree they don't need anymore episodes like this -- Especially episodes without any Wraith for that matter.
                          It does seem that the episodes with Wraith are usually good ones.
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree, this was a bit of a waste. Granted, the only real plotline left is the Wraith (and McKeller, but that's not a plot, that's just...something [though I'm neither for or against it]) but here's what I think they should have done: (spoilers for "Enemy at the 'Gate")
                            Spoiler:

Since some Wraith Todd or otherwise is building the supership, one episode should have been more like "Huh, the Wraiths is up to something...they's searchin planets, not culling much." Next episode (can be separated, don't have to be one after the other) should be "Wraiths is still searching, they finded a ZPM!" Then penultimate episode should be "Wraiths building themselves some supership, let's blow it up. *Wraith ship flies off* "we screwed [again]" And last but not least, Enemy at the Gate would go "Wraith comin to Earth, bolster the defenses. *Wraith ship blows up, part flies into hyperspace (with ZPMs)* "We gots them for now, but they still be out there."

(Yes, the bad grammer was deliberate)
                            When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                            Zatnikitelman

Comment

Hey, not one of my favorites either... actually I'd probably say it's one of the worst in the entire Stargate franchise. For me anyway.

What's with the ancient device all of a sudden doing things it could't do in our home galaxy. Don't you need two ancient communication terminals to get communication 2 ways? When Daniel and Vala took over the bodies in the Ori galaxy the host bodies' minds were supressed because there wasn't anywhere for them to go. They only got 2 way communication going when they found the other communication terminal in the Ori galaxy. If anything Keller should have been taken over, and her mind supressed.

I know it's a convenient story thingo but at least come up with a better way instead of hoping the audience forgot this.
                              Last edited by Cammo; 13 December 2008, 09:07 PM. Reason: Adding relevant info

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                                So really now, this is the third last episode of Atlantis ever and it's just another bodyswitch filler episode that doesn't really do anything for any overall story or lead up to the ending at all. Shouldn't this time be being used to set things up for the finale plot wise, wrap up ongoing storylines, answer long nagging questions, or at least build up a bit of anticipation for the ending? The last few episodes have been pretty fillery with the exception of the Todd one but this one really stood out in that regard. This doesn't feel like the third last episode of the series at all. If you sat down and watched this without knowing about the cancellation you'd have absolutely no chance of knowing that there were only two episodes left.
                                I guess you don't realize that the scripts and preproduction work had already been done for the entire season before the show was cancelled. They didn't have the time or money to rewite the final episodes.

Talk about Deja vu! Didn't we go through this same ignorance at the end of season 10 for SG1?
                                The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Working...
                                X