This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pwells View Post
    I have to say that this was the worst episode this season so far. The plot was an accidental body switch, and they spend the time figuring it out and fixing it in time. There were no surprises and no excitement. Any one of us could have written that script, and I think many could do a lot better using a body-switching theme. It's too bad because it had potential, and it was a waste of an episode as well as the full cast, including Beckett.
    Hey, that script could have been written by David Kemper or Richard Manning.....

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      One of them is producing Sanctuary, and he wrote some good SG-1 eps.
      um.....yeah.......drawing a blank....You'll need to tell me, did you forget the goldfish reference
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        um.....yeah.......drawing a blank....You'll need to tell me, did you forget the goldfish reference
        Spoiler:

It is Damian Kindler.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

Oh yeah...I remember the name....Not a clue what eps he wrote though And don't even start spouting out names....I more than likely won't remember what the ep was about
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            so....we've heard from the folks that think the eps sucks

Here's a challenge, what did you like about it?
            It wasn't a two-parter.

Comment

even though i really didn't like the original SG1 story with Daniel and Vala (who, oddly enough were the Keller and Mckay of SG1....a pairing that the show runner put forth while others were left behind), it was nice to see an acknowledgement of the show's past for once..and, astonishingly enough, the continuity wasn't totally frakked up
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree Clonekett was wasted in this episode. He had been wasted all season. TPTB should have keep him dead after Sunday
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

What was good about this episode was the little twist, when they are racing to save Keller. I honestly thought they would show up stun the Axe man, and then save Keller. It was a total surprise a different group saved Keller thinking Keller was Neeva. This is clever writing, imo. Carl Binder really is good at those twists and turns.
                  sigpic

Comment

*ignores jel*

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    Oh yeah...I remember the name....Not a clue what eps he wrote though And don't even start spouting out names....I more than likely won't remember what the ep was about
                    He co-wrote Poisoning the Well (with a woman whose name escapes me), Trinity, The Long Goodbye, and Tao of Rodney.

Comment

yeah, you would have expected to have shep & co save her, instead it's her 'alter ego's' friends

and the ending....rather cold blooded, if it happened one way that is.

someone in one of the reviews did mention an alternate way it could have plaed out....which was telling it from everyone else's pov, leaving us to wonder if Keller had cracked up, THEN do the reveal
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So really now, this is the third last episode of Atlantis ever and it's just another bodyswitch filler episode that doesn't really do anything for any overall story or lead up to the ending at all. Shouldn't this time be being used to set things up for the finale plot wise, wrap up ongoing storylines, answer long nagging questions, or at least build up a bit of anticipation for the ending? The last few episodes have been pretty fillery with the exception of the Todd one but this one really stood out in that regard. This doesn't feel like the third last episode of the series at all. If you sat down and watched this without knowing about the cancellation you'd have absolutely no chance of knowing that there were only two episodes left.

Comment

Yes, it is. Atlantis should be building up to it's finale, not tinkering around with a standalone filler story.

I have a feeling that the finale will be a bland ending.

Comment

You can stab someone with anything hard and pointy enough to break the skin. Infact there was probably a missed opportunity for comedy in tha regard here. The pliers were there though so she stabbed him with the pliers.

I'm not buying that it would floor him instantly like that though. It didn't seem like the wound would have been deep enough to be anything but painful, not instantly debilitating like it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              yeah, you would have expected to have shep & co save her, instead it's her 'alter ego's' friends

and the ending....rather cold blooded, if it happened one way that is.

someone in one of the reviews did mention an alternate way it could have plaed out....which was telling it from everyone else's pov, leaving us to wonder if Keller had cracked up, THEN do the reveal
                              I liked hearing the shot going off and then cutting to the scene of Atlantis. That was a very dark element.

Anyway, not much more I can praise this ep with, it was on the bottom of my favorites. But it did manage to be more entertaining than "Whispers", Brainstorm, and "Inquisition" to me.

I am praying Vegas and EatG live up the the hype.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                Hmm, seem to be popular in some cases in Texas and Missouri (to stab someone with those).
                                Up here they seem to stick with knifes ...

Comment

Working...
                                X