X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
    Sheppard is a whiner too

I swear every time he yells "Rodney do something!" I feel like punching the guy in the face.
    Please do
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Sheppard is a whiner too

I swear every time he yells "Rodney do something!" I feel like punching the guy in the face.
      Me too! Can I join the club? Is there a club? There should be a club.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      I definately don't want this to happen, I would only be okay with it if it were comedic which by the sounds of it, its not
      Oh, I don't see this being played any other way but for laughs. It would be impossible to do otherwise with Rodney. That's just the sort of tone he would bring to a scene like this with his mumbling and stuttering and general awkwardness around overtly sexual females.
      sigpic

Comment

Sheppard is a whiner too

And i thought it was only me !!!!! What he things he is asking from the guy? to make him a pitsa?
        Spoiler:
        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
        (YEAR 0 - 100)
        "O thou Sun,
        send me as far over the earth
        as is my pleasure and thine,
        and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
        but never hear anything of bad ones,
        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I'm not so worried about Rodney's part in all this. I'm more worried that watching Keller (her body at least) trying to be seductive will be more cringeworthy than humorous. It's really not something I'm eager to see.

Comment

Why? she was so cute beeing naughty in firefly and she has the acting skills to do it !!
            Give the girl a chance Rememper only a geek can understant another geek .
            Btw it feels more like a team episode and not so much Keller-centric. The team must work together to save her and other people in Atlantis. I think i read somewhere in gw spoilers that "Atlantis isn't safe" or something like it. It sounds like a team episode and i love those more than anything else
            Spoiler:
            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
            (YEAR 0 - 100)
            "O thou Sun,
            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              I'll have to agree with those that say this is similar to eps we've had before, like Machello, Duet and The Long Goodbye but those were great eps and Machello gave Michael a chance to show his abilities as The Long Goodbye did with Joe and Torri. The same could happen here with Jewel. This actuallly sounds interesting.
              I think it will be interesting to see her try to seduce mckay- (ok am i the only one who gets that only IF she is possessed does she try something with mckay?) the character is played as miss sweet and not as miss sexpot!

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
              While nobody is insulting JS, such excessive hate towards a character that someone seems to enjoy playing would probably get to them.

I've no problem with somebody not liking a character, but wow, some of the comments...
              well she has read the comments and has this to say here. I am sure it must be disheartening to play what you feel is a likeable character and then read people talking about 100 ways to kill her. it would irritate me just a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                Why? she was so cute beeing naughty in firefly and she has the acting skills to do it !!
                Give the girl a chance Rememper only a geek can understant another geek .
                Btw it feels more like a team episode and not so much Keller-centric. The team must work together to save her and other people in Atlantis. I think i read somewhere in gw spoilers that "Atlantis isn't safe" or something like it. It sounds like a team episode and i love those more than anything else
                She won't be playing Kaylee -- or at least I hope not! Kaylee was a young girl. Keller is written as a young girl. I'm dubious that the writers and JS can give us anything that isn't cutesy.

I love team episodes too. I'm not so crazy over team episodes that center around saving Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                  Please do
                  Er, ditto
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                    People seem to forget that Beckett complained constantly and is probably a much bigger whiner than Keller. Why is Beckett's complaining acceptable while Keller's is not?
                    I often refer to mckay and beckett as "the moan-a-minute twins!" it suits them to a "T"! For me the idea of an grown adult male whining is simply obscene! they need to grow some chutzpah!

I am more interested in seeing how Jennifer will deal with the bad guys she will be stuck with, than with any mckay interactions.
                    Last edited by Rac80; 11 August 2008, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                      She won't be playing Kaylee -- or at least I hope not! Kaylee was a young girl. Keller is written as a young girl. I'm dubious that the writers and JS can give us anything that isn't cutesy.

I love team episodes too. I'm not so crazy over team episodes that center around saving Keller.
                      I meant that she wont be awkward or anything! she is a very good actress and a very sexy woman! what could go wrong in trying to seduse a man?
                      As for the team , well they have to save someone or something everytime
                      It's just another mission.
                      Spoiler:
                      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                      (YEAR 0 - 100)
                      "O thou Sun,
                      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                        I am more interested in seeing how Jennifer will deal with the bad guys she will be stuck with, thanw ith any mckay interactions.
                        I can't believe I'm agreeing with you. I'm curious to see how another actress would portray the character of Keller.

Comment

Ok i give up!!!
                          you don't even like her as an actress, how am i supposed to argue with people's preferences?
                          Spoiler:
                          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                          (YEAR 0 - 100)
                          "O thou Sun,
                          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

It's just a matter of what one likes so..... i rest my case
                            (but she is sexy and Mckay needs a doctor anyway ....)
                            Spoiler:
                            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                            (YEAR 0 - 100)
                            "O thou Sun,
                            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                              Ok i give up!!!
                              you don't even like her as an actress, how am i supposed to argue with people's preferences?
                              Not true. I liked her in Firefly. I just don't like her as Keller.

I truly am interested in how another actress would portray the same character. She may have a different understanding of the character or a different way of presenting her. I'd like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                                I think it will be interesting to see her try to seduce mckay- (ok am i the only one who gets that only IF she is possessed does she try something with mckay?) the character is played as miss sweet and not as miss sexpot!

well she has read the comments and has this to say here. I am sure it must be disheartening to play what you feel is a likeable character and then read people talking about 100 ways to kill her. it would irritate me just a bit.
                                Jewel is a professional. I'm sure she realizes that Keller is a fictional character, and some people will like her and some people will hate her and still others will be indifferent. What she might determine to be a "likeable" character may not be perceived as such by others.

Your post and added my space link makes it sound like fans should feel "guilty" for not liking Keller because it may hurt Jewel's feelings. Honestly, it has not changed my opinion one bit. And I don't think the link belongs under this topic.

Speaking of Identity, I find the idea of McKay's attempted seduction laughable. Just another way to push McKeller in an episode.

On the other hand I think this would have been a kick ass episode for Teyla. Her "attempted seduction" of McKay would have been something I'd have liked to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X