This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Of course we have an obligation to them, but the main focus of the Atlantis expedition has always been to plunder the Ancients' secrets for our/Earth's benefit. I seriously doubt Atlantis'll go back to Pegasus. We need a chair and a gateroom [since Atlantis' gate will be favoured over ours], and the Atlantis gateroom and gate are far superior to the SGC anyway.
    I disagree. At that point it would not be Stargate Atlantis anymore just SG-1 part 2. If they do that I will not watch the movies.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Atlantis has a gate shield and a forcefield that can surround the gate if necessary. It's far superior to the SGC. Considering how tptb've crippled Earth [no chair, the SGC gate not working], Atlantis has to be the focus of Earth's off-world endeavours. I can't see why the IOA would send Atlantis back to Pegasus, and who could really steal the city and fly it back? The city of the Ancients being in peril in Pegasus was the focus of many episodes. Let's try something different now. Send the Daedalus or Apollo or whichever ship to Pegasus and do our anti-Wraith or humanitarian whatever ops from the ships. Or dial Pegasus directly from Atlantis. Political intrigue on an Earth-bound Atlantis and killing-Wraith-in-a-forest/blasting-hives-with-Asgard-beams-in-orbit action in Pegasus! The best of both worlds.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        I disagree. At that point it would not be Stargate Atlantis anymore just SG-1 part 2. If they do that I will not watch the movies.
        I agree. If Atlantis doesn't return to Pegasus, then I have no interest in watching SGA movies because Stargate Alantis on Earth would be too much like SG-1-lite.

I'm so against seeing Atlantis on Earth that I hope the movie doesn't spend much time on Earth. Ideally, I would love it if the first scene was of Atlantis in space trying to return to the Pegasus galaxy.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
          .I'm so against seeing Atlantis on Earth that I hope the movie doesn't spend much time on Earth. Ideally, I would love it if the first scene was of Atlantis in space trying to return to the Pegasus galaxy

While I agree the SGA movie should take place mostly in the Pegasus that is a little to much. I would like to see how they are to generate power for the flight and convince the IOA let them go back
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            While I agree the SGA movie should take place mostly in the Pegasus that is a little to much. I would like to see how they are to generate power for the flight and convince the IOA let them go back
            Normally, I would agree, however, after the way Mallozzi & Co. skipped so many pertinent steps in getting to, and through, the finale, I don't see why they couldn't also gloss over the "how" in the movie and get to what I plan to watch the movie for - Atlantis away from Earth.

If they spend much of the movie on them trying to find the power to get back to Atlantis and trying to convince the IOA to let them go back, then I won't be interested.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Keller: The peasants in Pegasus NEED us there! Let's take the city back now!
              Woolsey: You're right, Dr. Keller. Dr. Beckett, sit in the chair and fly us back.
              Beckett: Aye!

Exactly what would be achieved by taking Atlantis back to Pegasus? Can't they fight the Wraith without the city as a base? And what reason could possibly be big enough for the IOA to let the mother lode of Ancient technology go?
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Exactly what would be achieved by taking Atlantis back to Pegasus? Can't they fight the Wraith without the city as a base? And what reason could possibly be big enough for the IOA to let the mother lode of Ancient technology go?
                I have to agree with that. Fixing things in the Pegasus doesn't require Atlantis. Atlantis is interesting, the Pegasus galaxy, not so much, and it is 'Stargate Atlantis', not 'Stargate Pegasus'. It can take place where ever Atlantis is (which I can see being a short gate trip to Earth, because it can't stay there). Maybe it could be about the city for a change and all that stuff we never got to see because they were too busy killing Wraith.

Comment

"While the team fights to secure a necessary Ancient component on a world held by the Wraith, Zelenka, Woolsey and Keller try to keep a newly-discovered technology on Atlantis from exploding and taking out most of the life on Earth with it. For good measure, the Daedalus and Apollo have to take on a group of hives to keep our team safe! And why exactly is the safety of the team and life on Earth in Todd's re-Wraithed hands?"

There you go. 'Killing Wraith in Pegasus + Earth in Peril + Exploring Atlantis'. Best of both galaxies.
                  Maybe they find the ZPM room and something goes wrong. Who knows? A rather simplistic fan wank scenario, yes, but it's a way to combine exploring Atlantis with killing Wraith while keeping the city on Earth.
                  Last edited by nx01a; 14 February 2009, 09:12 PM.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                    Normally, I would agree, however, after the way Mallozzi & Co. skipped so many pertinent steps in getting to, and through, the finale, I don't see why they couldn't also gloss over the "how" in the movie and get to what I plan to watch the movie for - Atlantis away from Earth.

If they spend much of the movie on them trying to find the power to get back to Atlantis and trying to convince the IOA to let them go back, then I won't be interested.
                    Big difference here. In the finale they just skipped over how the wormhole drive activates. Skipping the crucial story point of convincing the IOA to send Atlantis back to Pegasus would be a mistake.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Big difference here. In the finale they just skipped over how the wormhole drive activates. Skipping the crucial story point of convincing the IOA to send Atlantis back to Pegasus would be a mistake.
                      Yeah, the question of whether Atlantis goes back kind of IS the story. And how they keep Daniel from stopping them.

Comment

Knowing Daniel's track record, he'll find something that forces Atlantis to leave Earth for Pegasus.
                        I'm still hoping for the ZPM factory.
                        Last edited by nx01a; 16 February 2009, 05:37 PM.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                          Yeah, the question of whether Atlantis goes back kind of IS the story. And how they keep Daniel from stopping them.
                          Well, if that is the story, it'll be a very dull one for me. I could care less about the SGC, bureaucratic arguing, the IOA, etc. That's a large part of what turned me off to SG-1.

SGA should be about Pegasus. I hate Earth-bound episodes. I can see Earth and arguing politicians on any other show.

Comment

Well, if that is the story, it'll be a very dull one for me. I could care less about the SGC, bureaucratic arguing, the IOA, etc. That's a large part of what turned me off to SG-1.

SGA should be about Pegasus. I hate Earth-bound episodes. I can see Earth and arguing politicians on any other show.
                            Well, it should be about Atlantis, but not necessarily the Pegasus Galaxy. It started out in the Milky Way, there's no reason it can't be back there again. I'm not saying that I think the whole thing will be political wrangling on Earth--this is an action/adventure, after all, but it is on Earth right now, and those isues will come up, and have to be dealt with
                            Whether it goes back to Atlantis depends on the story arc that the writers have in mind for the Atlantis movies. All I'm saying is that they're going to have to come up with a pretty compelling reason to go back given that all logic would point to them staying--in the Milky Way, if not close to the Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                              Well, it should be about Atlantis, but not necessarily the Pegasus Galaxy. It started out in the Milky Way, there's no reason it can't be back there again. I'm not saying that I think the whole thing will be political wrangling on Earth--this is an action/adventure, after all, but it is on Earth right now, and those isues will come up, and have to be dealt with
                              Whether it goes back to Atlantis depends on the story arc that the writers have in mind for the Atlantis movies. All I'm saying is that they're going to have to come up with a pretty compelling reason to go back given that all logic would point to them staying--in the Milky Way, if not close to the Earth.
                              Logic has never stood in the way of TPTB before. I don't care to see Atlantis in the MW at all. That's SG-1 territory and I'm not at all interested.

I really hate the idea of TPTB wasting any portion of the SGA movie on bureacratic wrangling on Earth. It made a snore fest out of SG-1 and I hoped that SGA would stay away from that.

Comment

Logic has never stood in the way of TPTB before. I don't care to see Atlantis in the MW at all. That's SG-1 territory and I'm not at all interested.

I really hate the idea of TPTB wasting any portion of the SGA movie on bureacratic wrangling on Earth. It made a snore fest out of SG-1 and I hoped that SGA would stay away from that.
                                I just couldn't disagree more. I always found SG-1 to be very interesting, and much better at exploring larger ideas and dilemas than SGA. The lack of context, and emphasis on pure action often did SGA a great disservice, both in terms of character development and storytelling. In my opinion, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X