No announcement yet.

worst season 5 SGA episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I void my previous post more earlier in the season, and I am agreeing with nx01a in that Enemy at the Gate was the worst episode ever. It just didn't make sense, well maybe not sense, a better word is click. It also seemed very rushed and crushed. Especially for a plot that should have been a proper arc, or a Threads (60 minute) or Reckoning (80 minute) episode. tHe only thing I like about that episode is because of a previous episode where we see those weird looking things, its like a dreary vision of Atlantis' future where the Wraith just sit back, and genetically engineer their own cloned soldiers. It just seemed stupid how a ZPM can do almost anything nowadays. Im sure the Asgard had access to a ZPM during the time of the alliance, or maybe a high-emission energysource, and yet the Wraith just get a ZPM and now their sensors "overscan" Ancient shield reading! Now for a bit of text a la Jack O'Neill (with a bit of hamatau'ri thrown in )."Epic, you say?"ThE only thing epic about that episode was the umpteen amounts of plotholes and overall "flaws.

Comment

I think folks need to rewatch the finale, because there is no way it is the worst episode of the season. I just can't understand that. Then again I'm on Gateworld, where stranger things have happened.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I think folks need to rewatch the finale, because there is no way it is the worst episode of the season. I just can't understand that. Then again I'm on Gateworld, where stranger things have happened.
        I agree that EATG wasn't the worst episode of the season, however, I do believe it was the most disappointing episode of the season because of all the missed opportunities to properly set the stage for it.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Haven't seen Vegas yet. I find myself judging a series by the final 'normal' episode of the series, i.e. the episode before the series finale. I hope Vegas isn't horrid.
          Vegas is like Marmit, you either hate it or love it! personally i think was great, one of the best episode in the back half.

Comment

Well I am by no means a hater. SGA is a show that I've adored. I will miss it. I am also not a person to nitpick and pull apart every little detail, but I also can't see ignoring plot holes big enough for the city of Atlantis to fall through. I am somewhere in the middle. I can let the little things slide, but when something pulls me out of the story then I start to notice all of the other flaws.

Season five is my least favorite (season four probably my favorite). Its the first season that I felt had more "meh" episodes than great or even good ones. I will still buy it when it comes out because I need to complete my set and for the few excellent episodes that it did contain.

So for me the absolute worst episode of season five....

Inquisition - Worst. Clip. Show. EVER! The clips were excessively long. The plot potential of the Atlantis expedition on trial was totally wasted on nonsense. The fact that Teyla and Ronon just held up the walls when they should have had a lot to say. Ugggg, it all adds up to be an episode that I will never rewatch. Heck I fast-forwarded through a good portion of it the first time I saw it.

The very close runner up would be...
            Brain Storm - I was just bored. I actually like McKay. He isn't my favorite character but I like the entire team and don't hate a single charater except maybe Kavanaugh but I think we are supposed to hate him. I also don't dislike Keller (she wasn't written well most of the time but still as a huge Jewel Staite fan I couldn't help but have a soft spot for her). I don't have a problem with McKeller either. But the episode made me sleepy. Yes Bill Nye was fun along with Dave Foley whom I love. Even they couldn't make me like this episode. It just didn't entertain me.

Episodes that let me down because I think they totally blew their potential....

Whispers - I had high expectations for this episode. Perhaps that was the problem but all in all I was left feeling really underwhelmed. Plus Sheppards lack of knowledge of the teams he oversees bothered me immensely. Yeah I know its been speculated to death on why he wouldn't know them, but it made him look incompetent.

Broken Ties - more wasted potential. Yes Jason Momoa and his withdrawl scene was fantastic. But his blink and you miss it portrayel of a Wraith worshipper was so disappointing. I wanted something meaty. I wanted to see a dark Ronon. I suppose they spent all of the episodes time on his detox but personally I think we missed out on a lot here.

Then there were the "meh" episodes. I didn't find them horrible, but I wasn't very excited by them either. There were moments in some of them that were very good but as a whole they left me feeling flat.

The Seed
            Tracker
            Identity
            Outsiders - My biggest problem with this episode will continue to be the fact that they simply forgot Teyla could sense the Wraith. It pulled me out of the story in the begining and I could never quite get back in. I know, I should just get a life and let it go but we all have our pet peeves. This one is mine and I'll stroke it if I want to.

Comment

I didn't mind EATG it wasn't great but it wasn't the worst episode, i just felt it would have been better if we knew the wraith scientist which took the ship rather than having a group of unknown wraithhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_smilies/wraith23.gif.

Comment

Originally posted by sxe stu View Post
                I didn't mind EATG it wasn't great but it wasn't the worst episode, i just felt it would have been better if we knew the wraith scientist which took the ship rather than having a group of unknown wraithhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_smilies/wraith23.gif.
                EATG had 3 hats on itself. It was the 100th episode, the season finale, and the series finale. So it's not going to meet the expectations of everyone. Calling it the worst ep of the season seems to be a little extreme for my taste. Especially when eps like Whispers and Brainstorm are two very good canidates for worst ep of the season. It's beyond one's opinion when it comes to saying this is the worst episode of the season. There has to be a solid reason to why it was the worst episode of the season, not just a "I didn't like it" reply.
                sigpic

Comment

As the season is now over I'll list my least fav to my most fav episode.

Starting from least fav..

20. Brain Storm
                  19. The Shrine
                  18. Identity
                  17. Tracker
                  16. Ghost in the Machine
                  15. Vegas
                  14. Inquisition
                  13. Outsiders
                  12. Whispers
                  11. The Seed
                  10. The Lost Tribe
                  9. Broken Ties
                  8. Enemy at the Gate
                  7. Remnants
                  6. Daedalus Variations
                  5. The Queen
                  4. First Contact
                  3. Infection
                  2. Prodigal
                  1. Search and Rescue...
                  sigpic

Comment

There are some eps I have skipped, but I'd say it's between the racist and fascist Ghost in the Machine and the mockery that Inquisition was since there has never been any single fair trial to judge the acts of the Tau'ri in Pegasus.

Brain Storm probably was the forced one funnay episode per season, so you know you're always going to get a piece of [mod snip]since it was all for pretty Keller, which I hope ladies and gentlemen, filled your needs for mono-character spam throughout season 5.

Oh, and of course, for one of the worst finales ever, EatMe would probably come close to GitM.
                    Last edited by Madeleine; 16 January 2009, 11:36 PM. Reason: swearwords
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      They've had that chair for years, knowing it was Earth's greatest defense. I guarantee they had someone who was trained to use it on the base. And come on, it's not that hard to control the drones; we've seen completely green people do it after a few minutes of training in "Adrift."
                      Um they didn't use the drone chair they used jumpers and those were stationary targets not hostile ships.

As for the Daedalus, how is not even bothering to TRY and evade the incoming attacks doing "everything it could"? They did NOTHING AT ALL!
                      There was nothing they could do the Daedalus is a big ship that takes time to move and with as many shots that hive could fire it wouldn't have made any difference.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                        There are some eps I have skipped, but I'd say it's between the racist and fascist Ghost in the Machine
                        WTF are you talking about? How the hell was Ghost in the Machine a racist and fascist episode?
                        and the mockery that Inquisition was since there has never been any single fair trial to judge the acts of the Tau'ri in Pegasus.
                        It was realistic considering what has happened on the show not to mention there is no such thing as a fair trial.

Brain Storm probably was the forced one funnay episode per season, so you know you're always going to get a piece of [mod snip]since it was all for pretty Keller, which I hope ladies and gentlemen, filled your needs for mono-character spam throughout season 5.

Oh, and of course, for one of the worst finales ever, EatMe would probably come close to GitM.
                        I disagree.
                        Last edited by Madeleine; 16 January 2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          WTF are you talking about? How the hell was Ghost in the Machine a racist and fascist episode?
                          When you happen to outright send half a dozen people to their cold and treacherous death only because they are different, because you don't know them and fear them, when these same people offered many times to be downgraded to mere meat-bags like you and me, and hand down ALL their tech (that was almost too funny for words how the writers didn't even notice the irony of what they put into the script), that's just as good as old fashioned xenophobia and sending people to extermination camps.
                          The technology they offered would have saved the lives of BILLIONS across two galaxies. There was nothing to loose (safe of course the easy cash grab linearity and dumbed down style of Stargate of late).
                          There are no words to describe how sick this is, really.

They should consider themselves lucky to be where they are and be paid for what they do.

It was realistic considering what has happened on the show not to mention there is no such thing as a fair trial.
                          Please. What's that? Realistic? Realistic in what?
                          It was a farce, a fraud, a parade. They never planned to do a decent and honest to God plot where the main characters would really suffer and have to struggle for what they did before.
                          All of this was already cheated, biased, and the jury itself was already tainted from get go.

The most hilarious bit of this is that the only one pseudo good excuse the Tau'ri had for them, the retrovirus pulled out of nowhere in a few months, is a total failure. By the extended version of SGA's last finale, EatMe, we'll learn why.

Anyway, retrovirus? Hey, that's good writing as well, at least they could have pretended Beckett only continued what some Lanteans started. You know, just to give them some thumbs up for not being too dumb for once.

The reality is that the writers NEVER wanted to come with an episode, a context and build up which would lead to the false Lanteans put under a true trial, and what I mean by trial is something as important in scope as Nuremberg.
                          When your irresponsible materialistic and warmongery behaviours have lead to the death, starving and torture of millions across a whole galaxy, the destruction of many villages and cities on countless planets, you're ought to stand for your actions.

I disagree.
                          Well yeah, and?
                          Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 13 March 2009, 05:44 PM.
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            I think folks need to rewatch the finale, because there is no way it is the worst episode of the season.
                            Maybe.

Or maybe you need to watch the other nineteen to fully appreciate how good they were

Madeleine

Comment

haven't read the thread, so hopefully not stomping on anyone's feet

Worst season 5 ep? Off the top of my head... hmm, which will bore me to to death watching? Inquisition, or Identity. can't decide. I can't quite say Brain Storm as it had Bill Nye and McKay was featured a lot, but the rest was, shudder.

I'll have to think about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                                When you happen to outright send half a dozen people to their cold and treacherous death only because they are different, because you don't know them and fear them, when these same people offered many times to be downgraded to mere meat-bags like you and me, and hand down ALL their tech (that was almost too funny for words how the writers didn't even notice the irony of what they put into the script), that's just as good as old fashioned xenophobia and sending people to extermination camps.
                                Please. If they were living breathing people I'd agree but alas they arent. Letting them roam free as Replicators would be suicide. We had no way to know they'd keep their word they are Replicators. They are a huge threat and this was the right choice. Oh and btw they weren't killed only disabled like Niam.
                                The technology they offered would have saved the lives of BILLIONS across two galaxies. There was nothing to loose (safe of course the easy cash grab linearity and dumbed down style of Stargate of late).
                                There are no words to describe how sick this is, really.
                                And the potential billions that would be killed if they went rouge again. Way too risky.
                                mod snip
                                Oh please that never happened.

Please. What's that? Realistic? Realistic in what?
                                It was a farce, a fraud, a parade. They never planned to do a decent and honest to God plot where the main characters would really suffer and have to struggle for what they did before.
                                All of this was already cheated, biased, and the jury itself was already tainted from get go.
                                Right and trials on Earth are never tainted that way.

The most hilarious bit of this is that the only one pseudo good excuse the Tau'ri had for them, the retrovirus pulled out of nowhere in a few months, is a total failure. By the extended version of SGA's last finale, EatMe, we'll learn why.
                                Ok that's going to far.

Anyway, retrovirus? Hey, that's good writing as well, at least they could have pretended Beckett only continued what some Lanteans started. You know, just to give them some thumbs up for not bein[mod snip]

The reality is that the writers NEVER wanted to come with an episode, a context and build up which would lead to the false Lanteans put under a true trial, and what I mean by trial is something as important in scope as Nuremberg.
                                When your irresponsible materialistic and warmongery behaviours have lead to the death, starving and torture of millions across a whole galaxy, the destruction of many villages and cities on countless planets, you're ought to stand for your actions.
                                You are comparing the team to the Nazi's? Sure ok whatever. Sure we've made mistakes that cost lives but our actions have also saved millions.
                                Last edited by Madeleine; 16 January 2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X