sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
      I agree...!!
      AS DO I
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Think to yourselves. Why would SCI FI cancel the show? The numbers were up from last season and they got a renewal last season. BSG is ending next year as well. What will air in the Friday slots? Sanctuary is airing in the fall and will not be ready for another season for the summer. SCI FI has nothing. Dr. who is also on hiatus. 3 empty slots.
        sigpic

Comment

I...i.....

:'(
          Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
          Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
            If they can only do one series at a time, then I say let Universe wait. Atlantis needs at least one more year. Especially if the season is ending on a cliffhanger.
            Well, if you think about it, how would the cliffhanger be resolved? In an ep or two? With a movie you get at LEAST two hours of story time- and that's two uninterrupted hours without snips for commercial breaks. There just won't be a season beyond it. But if the movie is successful there'll be others which will have lots of room for expansion and uninterrupted story time. And, I imagine, very little "filler."

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to be frank in saying that I'm not interested in saving Stargate: Atlantis. Not after Tori Higginson was basicaly forced to quit and Paul McGillon was fired (but thankfully rehired).

I love the cast of Atlantis. But I hate the creative decisions being made on the show as of late.

I'm still THAT pissed off about Tori being forced to quit.

And besides, it just seems like the heart and soul went out of the whole damn franchise. I just don't think Ark of Truth and Continuum were very good.

I'm ready for a great new renvisioning of the whole franchise at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                Well, if you think about it, how would the cliffhanger be resolved? In an ep or two? With a movie you get at LEAST two hours of story time- and that's two uninterrupted hours without snips for commercial breaks. There just won't be a season beyond it. But if the movie is successful there'll be others which will have lots of room for expansion and uninterrupted story time. And, I imagine, very little "filler."

yeah but i can barely wait a week for a new episode and the break between seasons is pure torture. theres no way id make it watching just 1 or 2 movies a year
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Well if they made 10 two hour movies a year released two or three weeks apart I'd be happy.

Perfecto!

Comment

Television is a very fickle medium weather it is SG1, SGA or Moonlight. It doesn't matter if it's Sc-Fi or CBS sometime rating doesn't matter too. It's money and money talks. With the SG franchises MGM makes more money on the DVDs. I don't get Sc-fi channel where I live so, my rant to the channel won't amout to a hill of beans. They could also be trying to attacted a younger male viewers the demographics suggest the averge veiwer is male 18-34 with more disposable income. markting advertizers aim at this group.

LS

Comment

The biggest problem with movies (other than not seeing new stuff every week) is that all the characters don't get a fair run - most of them have just a couple of lines - and if those are the ones that happen to be your fave characters it really sucks.

I want to repeat what others have said - getting aggressive and abusive doesn't help - I'm all for writing to both MGM & Sci-Fi and anyone else who will listen and I've already blogged about it and started posting a lot of places - but you need to be calm and sensible when writing to people that can alter the decision - it makes a lot of difference, being abusive just gets you totally ignored and is the last thing that will actually get your voice heard.

Contact details for those that may have missed them:

MGM Television
                      10250 Constellation Blvd.
                      Los Angeles, CA 90067
                      USA
                      Phn: 310-449-3000
                      Fax: 310-449-8750
                      [email protected]

Sci-Fi
                      30 Rockefeller Center
                      21st Floor
                      New York, NY 10112
                      USA
                      Phn: 212-664-4444
                      Fax: 212-703-8533
                      [email protected]

Comment

I still wake up every day pissed off that Firefly was cancelled. I just want all things great and wonderful staying where they are - on my favorite shows.

Comment

yeah I'm a brit, no one cares about my opinion...
                          Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette View Post
                            I'm ready for a great new renvisioning of the whole franchise at this point.
                            Considering who "advertized" Universe already I can't really see that. Of course we will get new actors. But the TPTB will stay almost the same. So what makes people that don't like Atlantis ( or don't like it anymore) think, that the new show will not have the same creative flaws they dislike now?
                            sigpic
                            Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                            Spoiler:
                            Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                            You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              I saw "Ark of Truth" and "Continuum".

I wasn't impressed. If that's what's in store for SGA in the way of movies, I won't be holding my breath.

SGA was canceled to make room for Universe. Plain and simple. And it was probably instigated by MGM. It's simply too much of a coincidence that we've been told so much about Universe recently. Particularly the bit about it not starting until SGA ends and how excited the producers were about the premise.

Now...BOOM. SGA is gone.

And there you are Jumper. Fenrir and I were wondering where you ran off to. More specifically, where your whiskey ran off to.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wish they could have waited until after the two big conventions this weekend to mention this. Fans are really going to be riled up this weekend when it is suppose to be a fun time.
                                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Working...
                                X