Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week I asked from myself, why can't an SG fan businessman or a Hollywood star give 5-7 million dollar for the next SG-1 film? He could be the producer, the MGM could give the franchise name. While we get a new and well made DVD adventure, than the producers could earn good. How many business can book 150-300% income? Maybe I am naive. Maybe the fans could donate money for a movie, because If everyone could give 1 dollar for this, than they could collect the budget easily from so many country.

What could be even better? If they could get a bigger budget for the last episodes. This franchise "has great potencial" as Thor could say it. So I hope they will be brave to dream really scifi plants, animals, planets in Atlantis and Universe too.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I hope the American fans will watch the newest episodes. I suggested earlier a fan made campaign, but you said it couldn't work. Only the American fans can save this show from canceling and they won't disappoint the foreign fans.
      Here here! You go and watch that TV! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
      Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

I hope Atlantis will get a good rating.
        It's a really a fine show.

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
          I hope Atlantis will get a good rating.
          It's a really a fine show.
          Even if the initial rating is low, I am sure the DVR + 7 will be very high. Since we've proven that DVR is counted and does hold some importance to the network and even the advertisers to those who watch the commercial.
          sigpic

Comment

Isn't it too early for excuses? Wait for the numbers. Maybe they will be good enough.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
              Isn't it too early for excuses? Wait for the numbers. Maybe they will be good enough.
              Excuses? Um yeah ok. You know what you are right they might not even need the lift.
              sigpic

Comment

People call them excuses Brian because they just can't take the fact that Atlantis WAS actually getting good viewer numbers (fantastic by the end) for season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  People call them excuses Brian because they just can't take the fact that Atlantis WAS actually getting good viewer numbers (fantastic by the end) for season 4.
                  Honestly, I am not even going to argue anymore. We've had a rating pro here posting these numbers and what they mean. So they can believe what they want, even if they are wrong.
                  sigpic

Comment

They who?
                    sigpic

Comment

That would be people who say 'DVR doesn't count'... If SCI FI takes DVR into consideration when analyzing the ratings then whether we believe DVR count or not is irrelevant, it does to them.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                        That would be people who say 'DVR doesn't count'... If SCI FI takes DVR into consideration when analyzing the ratings then whether we believe DVR count or not is irrelevant, it does to them.
                        The president and VP of the network said recently how important DVR is to the network. They make a big deal about it because it is something that will be looked at when making a show renewal decision.
                        sigpic

Comment

You know. We could argue until the end of time about ratings and effect on DVR on television. But at the end of the day, our opinions are worthless. All that matters is SciFi's opinion on DVR.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

*cough* The advertisers' opinions......
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                              *cough* The advertisers' opinions......
                              Yes, it's called the "C3 index"

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              You know. We could argue until the end of time about ratings and effect on DVR on television. But at the end of the day, our opinions are worthless. All that matters is SciFi's opinion on DVR.
                              Well, we've read multiple articles about SCI FI's opinion on DVR.
                              sigpic

Comment

how about less time talking about other fans and more about the ratings please
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X