This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    provocatively pro AND against posts are not conducive to discussion. My point is, it's not your place to dictate what should/should not be allowed in this thread. Especially since we already have thriving for and against threads already in existence
    It's all good, but if someone starts to cause trouble or try to get a rise out of people, I will report it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      Well I've never been very big into ratings myself.

So Skiffy doesn't care enough to get people pumped up for the premier? Just because Stargate has a solid fan base is not much of a reason for the pitiful advertising campaign before the summer premier. Isn't the object to attract more viewers? Not that I really care all that much seeing as how I have always been a part of that solid fan base and will watch the show no matter what I think about it. So I don't need any commercials at all to remind me to watch, but I quite enjoyed the BSG ones this year even though I didn't need them to remind me it was coming back.
      Well, I've been watching SCI FI all this week, and it seems they are pumping the show well. They have 3 premieres this week and honestly it seems SGA is getting the most sugar coat. They will likely even have a Stargate Atlantis banner by the SCI FI logo on the TV promoting the premiere for Friday. Problem with SGA is that the major networks like NBC do not promote SGA, but they do promote shows like BSG.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        1.4 sounds about right to me, 1.3 wouldn't be the end of the world but I think a 1.2 would spell doom.
        Giving what SGA had to compete with last season, the odds I think are in favor of a 1.3+! Don't be shocked if the show happens to pull in a 1.6 or 1.7! It is possible if enough people watch live. DVR should have no issue reaching those numbers.
        sigpic

Comment

1.2-1.4. Very unlikely to be a 1.5 or better.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            Well they aren't doing very well advertising that the season is premiering in several days, imo. I don't like the commercials they are running...or single commercial as it seems to be the only one I ever see. (the one with the drum cadence)
            I wondered about that as well; they don't seem to be promoting this season as much as last season. I think I've seen more ads for Eureka than SGA, and Eureka's season starts later in the month.

Comment

Im gonna go for a 1.4 live and 1.8 + 7

Im pretty convinced that there will be more live viewers for the opening ep and less who dvr it.

I have no idea why I think that way

Also I cant see the figures dropping below the 1.3 mark for live on the 1st ep. the year seemed to end strong, figures wise. theres been no real bad publicity (that ive seen anyway) cast issues seem to be peetering off. even the Woolsieness doesn't apear to have generated that much heat. i cant see any reason for the figures to decline on the outset. however i have no idea how the rest of the season will pan out
              sigpic
              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

1.2 Live, which might even out in a 1.4 by the time the week ends.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                  Im gonna go for a 1.4 live and 1.8 + 7

Im pretty convinced that there will be more live viewers for the opening ep and less who dvr it.

I have no idea why I think that way
                  premieres, mid-season finales, mid-season premieres and finales tend to have more viewers than the other eps. in this case more people would watch live instead of using DVR

320 FS: live +sd -> 1.5 (2 million viewers); live +7 -> 2.2 million viewers
                  401 Adrift: live +sd: -> 1.2 (1.7 million viewers); live +7: 1.4 (2 million viewers)

420 TLM: live +sd: 1.5 (2.1 million viewers); live +7 -> 1.8 (2.6million viewers)
                  501 S&R: ?

I think a 1.4 and 2 million viewers for live +sd is definitely possible, maybe 1.5-1.6 and 2.2-2.3 million viewers after live +7
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    It's all good, but if someone starts to cause trouble or try to get a rise out of people, I will report it.
                    just as i'm sure people will report when the 'if you don't love the show you need to bugger off and die' attitudes come out and play.

ALL, i repeat ALL 'sides' need to learn to accept and live with the others. And 'living with' doesn't mean that you bully them into submission. It means taht you accept their point of view and respect it
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                      I wondered about that as well; they don't seem to be promoting this season as much as last season. I think I've seen more ads for Eureka than SGA, and Eureka's season starts later in the month.
                      Well I do see ads for it. Like today Skiffy aired the last 7 eps of S4 today and I watched a couple to refresh my memory and it aired plenty of them today, but it's just the same two commercials over and over. *shrug*

The ad campaign BSG had this past season totally ruined me. Had me really psyched for the season because it had a lot of variation to tease you with in the months leading up to it.

Maybe SGA promotion has always been that way and I just never cared or noticed.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

I think I am going to go with a......1.3 live and a 1.5 after its all said a done. I'm low balling it b/c I have not seen very many good commercials, that scream WATCH ME!!!!

Comment

So Ghost Hunter's International had their premiere tonight. Hate to say it but they will likely top the week in ratings for "Live". However I can see SGA's Live + 7 topping them in the final number count. GHI is not a heavily DVR'd show.
                          sigpic

Comment

I hope the American fans will watch the newest episodes. I suggested earlier a fan made campaign, but you said it couldn't work. Only the American fans can save this show from canceling and they won't disappoint the foreign fans.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

So Ghost Hunter's International had their premiere tonight. Hate to say it but they will likely top the week in ratings for "Live".
                              not much has changed

However I can see SGA's Live + 7 topping them in the final number count. GHI is not a heavily DVR'd show.
                              yup
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                I hope the American fans will watch the newest episodes. I suggested earlier a fan made campaign, but you said it couldn't work. Only the American fans can save this show from canceling and they won't disappoint the foreign fans.
                                That depends on the bribes the foreign fans give me
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X