• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I saw that icky water in there...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      I live in the UK and I was guessing on how long it takes as I've never downloaded Atlantis, or anyother show. I usually watch UK TV show's 'Live' (or a couple hours later when I get home from work) if it's an imported show, I'll wait until it's shown here.
      Are you asking how long the actual dl takes? In my case (not that I've ever done this before) it only takes a few hours to dl.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Don't you believe it, they are the first to publish their viewing figures when they trounce the opposition, they had the live viewing figures out for the final episode of DR Who a couple of hours after it aired, ratings and quality matter a lot to the BBC, which is why I'm not expecting another series of Bonekickers.
        They might use their ratings for spin, but from a financial standpoint they mean squat. Quality matters yes, but then, what else have they got to motivate them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Are you asking how long the actual dl takes? In my case (not that I've ever done this before) it only takes a few hours to dl.
          No I'm not, I don't bother DL Atlantis

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          They might use their ratings for spin, but from a financial standpoint they mean squat. Quality matters yes, but then, what else have they got to motivate them?
          The fact that the government can yank their licence at anytime if they don't follow the guidlines and produce quality TV

Comment

No I'm not, I don't bother DL Atlantis

The fact that the government can yank their licence at anytime if they don't follow the guidlines and produce quality TV
            Eh? I've just said quality is all they've got to motivate them...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Eh? I've just said quality is all they've got to motivate them...
              Oh right, sorry I missunderstood the comment, I thought you meant is that all they've got to motivate them, sorry

Comment

This could be of help, from SyFy Portal:

'Battlestar Galactica' Fans Never Depended On Ratings

...and another:

Pondering 'Battlestar' puzzler: Ratings down, popularity up

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  very interesting, thanks
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Eureka 1.9
                    Ghost Hunters International 1.7
                    ECW 1.2
                    Stargate Atlantis 1.2 "Ghost in the Machine"
                    Scare Tactics 1.1
                    Black Swarm 1.1
                    Boogeyman 1.0
                    Final Destination 2 1.0
                    Cursed 1.0
                    The Grudge 0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 8/11/08 to 8/17/08

*Before Live + 7 and C3*
                    sigpic

Comment

What license?

U.S. Cable networks are not required to have a license. Only broadcast stations are.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                        What license?

U.S. Cable networks are not required to have a license. Only broadcast stations are.
                        I was talking about the UK, you know that Island across the Atlantic

Comment

the island that cant make up its bloody mind wether to rain or shine at the moment - bloody british weather
                          sigpic
                          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                            the island that cant make up its bloody mind wether to rain or shine at the moment - bloody british weather
                            That's the one, the one where Autumn's come early, seriously, the leaves started going brown in the middle of August and are now dropping, 3 days into September

Comment

Are you sure licenses are required there?

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                                Are you sure licenses are required there?
                                Do you mean the TV License? It's illegal to watch TV in your home without one. Its what pays for the BBC as they don't have adverts.

In fact if you have locks on your bedroom doors and have another TV in your bedroom you are supposed to have a seperate TV license for it
                                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X