This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like the guy since season 7....
    i don't know what u have against him, surely he is not a leader guy (says that for him self) but let the man do his job for one season.... the creators will know if they let woolsey die or not. don't be to judging.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
      I know I'm likely to get flamed for this, but can we please keep the conversation to Woolsey, and keep the hate for other characters in the proper threads?
      Not from me you hit the nail on the head.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Thank you, Mitchell, it's nice to know someone agrees with me. I know that a few of my friends here on the forum, and myself, tend to avoid the other threads besides the ones where there's a small group of us, since the people who hate a certain character that we all like tend to be very strong-willed about it, and it makes the threads feel rather tense and unfriendly.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
          havent read any posts in here yet but i like the topic

to the main question: i would LOVE to see him die!!
          little annoying hobbit...
          Sad. I think he's a pretty good character. There is some room for development. Mainly, I hope tptb can utilize him properly (they failed with Weir and carter).
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
            Sad. I think he's a pretty good character. There is some room for development. Mainly, I hope tptb can utilize him properly
            I'm sure they can

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
            (they failed with Weir and carter).
            no they didn't
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
              who thinks woolsey should die at the end of s5?

i know its mean (and maybe his name is spelled wrong) but i dont like him, and when i heard hes gonna lead atlantis, it makes me think theres gonna be more trouble than s1 ep1/2 of atlantis.

now, they've killed wier and the doc, so it should'nt be 2 hard 2 kill woolsey.

but make it a good death, like he sacrifices himself for the team, that wood be good, id enjoy it
              Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
              At the end of the season, the ECH...err, I mean Woolsey, will be gone. The surprise leader of Atlantis will be Lorne.
              I like him, but I don't like him as a leader. But if he dies, than maybe the real, true leader will return. This woman-

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                I'm sure they can

no they didn't
                I agree, Carter did not fail!

Comment

The thing about Weasley **ahem*cough** I mean Woolsey, is that if you like all the characters and all the characters like each other --- where's the tension?

I think the introduction of Woolsey is going to be a groaner for the other characters (I can't wait to see Sheppard's reaction) and they're going to have to deal with it. Or a real-life lesson: "How to deal with a boss you might not like"

Look at it as an opportunity for character development, not just for Woolsey but for the regulars as well. All I ever hear about it people moaning about the lack of character development for this one of that one - well, maybe TPTB are doing something about it.

Of course, if you hate it so much, you could stop watching the show. If they change the leader of Atlantis again after Woolsey, I would think the end is near anyway.

Comment

-pictures Sheppard's reaction and nearly falls over laughing-
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Mitchell, it's nice to know someone agrees with me. I know that a few of my friends here on the forum, and myself, tend to avoid the other threads besides the ones where there's a small group of us, since the people who hate a certain character that we all like tend to be very strong-willed about it, and it makes the threads feel rather tense and unfriendly.
                      No prob. I've never understood why things get so out of hand.

Comment

Me neither. I mean, I hate Kavanagh, but not as much as they seem to hate my favourite character, and I don't go around calling him foolish names that remind me of being in grade school, or thinking of ways for him to die.
                        sigpic

Comment

Me neither. I mean, I hate Kavanagh, but not as much as they seem to hate my favourite character, and I don't go around calling him foolish names that remind me of being in grade school, or thinking of ways for him to die.
                          Well I'll confess that I've suggested shoving Kav out of an Airlock, and usual Im just having fun but I have never, ever threatend an actor which several have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            I like him, but I don't like him as a leader. But if he dies, than maybe the real, true leader will return. This woman-

Spoiler:
                            Let's not get into that here. We all know that her place is on
                            Spoiler:
                            SG-1!
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

It depends really on if:

- You hate the character because you're meant to hate the character.

or

- You hate the character for other justifiable reasons.

Woolsey, from the start, is that you were meant to dislike him- he was the sensible authority that was disciplining all the fun SG-1 and Atlantis was having; even if it was necessary. But, he has slowly progressed from the Wimpy Guy who's trying to Control Everything and get in the way; to a brief glimpse of actual morals and knowledge of how things work- allowing further character development.

Much like how McKay was seen as an arrogant jerk who we were meant to dislike, of sorts, who's progressed to become an arrogant jerk who we're meant to like, of sorts.

Hopefully, being leader of Atlantis, we will be allowed to see how he truly functions and acts when he's given actual power; with people to direct and order; but having to keep on the good side, and sometimes have to break the rules he's so found of.

It'll take Atlantis in a new direction, hopefully- and really, the show is all about experimentation. Apart from the times it stick to SG-1's tried-and-tested plots. They're a little inbetween...

Comment

Yeah, I REALLY don't get that. -shakes head-

Off-topic, Ltcol, can I ask you something? Who's the guy in the center of the first pic in your siggy? Looks like Channing Tatum to me, but I've been known to be wrong before.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X