• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.: Wait - the uniform is enough of a reason for him to meet his end

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: *cough* SGA has become of them.
      Maybe, but it still doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as BSG or LOST or 24. I mean there's still a lot of humor in it that is lacking in most other genre shows now. And they are reluctant to kill off characters which keeps it light-hearted. I'm glad there are edgy and serious shows out there that are willing to take things to the limit, but Stargate has never been one of them. They cover some serious issues, but mostly they are about the level of Star Trek in seriousness. For sci-fi, I think that balance of humor and serious stuff is pretty much perfect.

Comment

.: Wait - the uniform is enough of a reason for him to meet his end
        That uniform is just too horrible for words....

Comment

I like the idea of him in charge. Atlantis is the International Oversight Agency's baby. The expedition was borne out of member nations, knowing about the Anubis battle, sending their best and brightest on the mission to Atlantis in the first place. The organization was created for this purpose and he's the face of th IOA. I loved the Weir character but she was a diplomat and personally I don't think there's ever been much use for her as a diplomat with the Wraith as the enemies they have been made to be. The Replicators were more easy to negotiate with but TPTB didn't utilize this and chose the easy way out by making them another enemy. With the Pegasus Replicator threat also finished (more or less) the Weir, as a diplomat, and Carter, as a military officer, characters had to go. Carter was brought in because she knew how to deal with Replicators. And now, Woolsey. At the end of the day he's a straight shooter. He'll do what he thinks to be the right thing as we've seen time and time again. Should he die? No. Long live him.

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
            That uniform is just too horrible for words....
            When I first seen that uniform I thought he was joking around. But I guess thats the one he's going to wear. Seriously I think its a womans.

But on the idea that he should die, its a little early for that. First lets see how the season goes.

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnumman View Post
              And they are reluctant to kill off characters which keeps it light-hearted.
              .: They seemed to take no hesitation when it came to knocking out Paul and Torri though.

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
              When I first seen that uniform I thought he was joking around. But I guess thats the one he's going to wear. Seriously I think its a womans.
              .: I think it's Sam's He also wore Weir's in S3...

Comment

Originally posted by elwood View Post
                Sorry for going off topic...

It is not simply a matter of age. It is about the ability to communicate clearly and properly with people of all ages, ethnicities, socioeconomic status, etc., from countries both near and far, and some of those people are not native speakers of the English language.
                <<<is 30 and understandz leet speek, youre just not trying.

Comment

Okay....bear with me, this is good.

Woolsey is fatally wounded in a grand and heroic manner that not only saves Atlantis but quite possibly both the PG and the MWG as well. Coincidentally, this act of heroism comes right after the discovery by McKay and Zelenka of an interesting Ancient device in a dark and secluded lab in uptown Atlantis. The purpose of the machine is to preserve the memories, nay the very consciousness, of a human being.

Using his amazing intelligence and guided by his overwhelming ego, McKay not only manages to archive Woolsey in the device, but manages to modify it so that it is possible to project a holographic image of Woolsey. For all intents and purposes, it is Woolsey, who at first won't accept the fact that he is dead. For the sake of clarity, McKay also programs the holographic image to always appear with a large "H" emblazened upon Woolsey's forehead. The only problem seems to be a strange computer glitch that causes Woolsey to constantly mistake Teyla for someone named Kochanski and occasionally to refer to himself as Ace.

Spoiler:

Okay.....maybe it's been done. Never mind.
                  sigpic The Outlaw Josey Wales
                  Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

----------------

Comment

I vote no. One of the complaints I've seen about Atlantis is that it seems to lack some stability in its cast- someone always seems to be dying (or just going away, never to be seen or referenced again), and given that the leadership role in particular is now on its third iteration it might not be a bad idea to keep this one around for a while. Do I like Woolsey? No, not particularly, but that doesn't mean I want him dead/gone.

Heroic deaths are all well and good, but I think it'd be kinda pointless and you can only have so many "heroic deaths" before the shine starts to wear off the concept. And, just to keep my bases covered, I don't think a pointless and humiliating death would be useful, either.

Besides, even if Woolsey DID die, TPTB would probably just bring him back again. They seem to love doing that and, as has been pointed out numerous times, no one ever really dies in scifi. We already had a clone and a replicator, so maybe we'd get some bad-ass AU version of Woolsey as a replacement. Complete with scars and a pirate patch. Saves on character development, reinforces how bad things could be and it gives folks multiple reasons to complain: not only have they brought YET ANOTHER character back from the dead via an overly contrived manner, but they've brought him back as a budget version of Saul Tigh. Hm. I kinda like that, actually. Just for the sheer spitefulness of it.

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
                      in the future, he will, cos last ep shows him general, so we know he aint diein, but not s6 leader, id prefer see shepp be4 him
                      That was just 1 possible future. Anything is possible.

Comment

well hopefully they will take sg1's idea from o'neil, and make get atlantis leader, in like atlantis S8 or so

would be good to see how he copes sending his teams on missions, while he has to stay and run things

Comment

.: I don't like Wooley Boy as leader but I don't want him to die. (The uniform may kill me first.)

.: If anyone should ide, it shall be Keller-smeller and Gero should do it. Retribution for killing Carson.

Comment

.: They seemed to take no hesitation when it came to knocking out Paul and Torri though.
                            True, but they brought him back after realizing their mistake. For Torri, they sure did kick her off the show, but her character could still be alive. In Stargate they usually try not to kill favorite characters off for good.

Comment

No. Dont be silly.

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
                                well hopefully they will take sg1's idea from o'neil, and make get atlantis leader, in like atlantis S8 or so

would be good to see how he copes sending his teams on missions, while he has to stay and run things
                                I'm trying to translate this into proper English (spelling and punctuation aren't exactly rocket science either, kiddo). Are you saying you think O'Neill should take command? Because I think that's an un-freaking-believably horrible idea. For one thing it'd continue the subjugation of Atlantis into a platform for SG-1 characters and for another I think it'd be a step down for him, wouldn't it? Isn't he the Grand High Poobah for all of Homeworld Defence or whatever? Fortunately the chances of it happening are pretty much nil as RDA is retired (or semi so) and isn't looking to play a lead on TV again.

If you meant Shep should be lead (since he's the Atlantis equivalent of O'Neill), I still hate it. Even barring the fact that it'd be YET ANOTHER change in leadership (and I don't care if it's a few years down the road), I'm not particularly fond of Sheppard or the way he's been written and while I can, unfortunately, see it as a possibility, I think it'd be a bad one. Of course, you could also say that he basically runs Atlantis already, since he does whatever he wants and everyone caves to his demands. In that respect it might work, but I also think Shep is far more spoiled and arrogant that O'Neill and thus isn't likely to sit back and not go on missions and since there'd be no one around to stop him... *shrug* I think it'd be all kinds of bad. I don't think Shep has what it takes and quite frankly I don't think the writers have it, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X