Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel if we lost the entire fleet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wraith form Replicator View Post
    It would be cool if they really lost a ship or two as in wraith or the new race chaptered them.

Note: Yes I know they would have to come up with a way of stopping the wraith
    from using the hyperdrive engine but thats up to the writers.
    That would be good... Wraith taking one of our ships sounds awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      this creature would be exceedingly fast--speed of light, very maneuverable, and could navigate through the hazards of space. It wouldn't be a mindless creature. It would be a predator that consumes things, including engines. Our current weapons would be no match for this thing. A nuclear missile wouldn't even phase it. Three ships would be sitting ducks. Asgard weapons could not penetrate its skin. This is a creature made to LIVE in the harshness of space.
      Nice way to cut off Atlantis, at least in a "one way" sense. The ships are still there ... well, the one or two that survive ... but unable to go anywhere. They are grounded until somebody figures out how to deal with the thing.

Atlantis could 'gate to Earth but without the bridge and the 304s zipping all over the place Earth could not easily re-supply Atlantis. Earth would have to take the ZPM from the Oddessey or the Antarctic base just to "phone" Atlantis via the Stargate. They could easily write a mishap for the Oddessey's ZPM. And pulling the ZPM from the Antarctic weapon chair is do-able but only on a case by case basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Constanza View Post
        God! Just to picture that scenario… hahahaha
        Ba'al is annoyingly so so so funny as a clone. His wittyness.
        Now McKay, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's serious television.
        sigpic
        i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell View Post
          That would be good... Wraith taking one of our ships sounds awesome!
          True but with the kind of fire power the 304s have plus the three of them together I doubt the Wraith hiveships are up to the task. One or two are bound to jump into hyperspace unless all three of them are disabled beforehand.

Why don't they use the Wraith virus that took control of the Daedalus way back in Season 2. The Wraith seem to be very good in computer programs.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
            True but with the kind of fire power the 304s have plus the three of them together I doubt the Wraith hiveships are up to the task. One or two are bound to jump into hyperspace unless all three of them are disabled beforehand.

Why don't they use the Wraith virus that took control of the Daedalus way back in Season 2. The Wraith seem to be very good in computer programs.
            The lucian alliance took the oddyssey with some crappy @ZZED hataks and a mine field. Its strategy that wins a conflict not brute force.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              The lucian alliance took the oddyssey with some crappy @ZZED hataks and a mine field. Its strategy that wins a conflict not brute force.
              True, but brute force does work. Look at the Wraith. Ancients had better weapons tech etc but they still won. Without capable warriors to apply strategy you need to have super-strategies to make up for it.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Yes. I remember somewhere reading that the newer seasons were going to be a lot darker (starting from S3). But frankly, the show is kinda on a downhill path, it's laughable. We need more eps like The Real World.

Destroying some ships and killing of characters would certainly help making the show seem darker. The way Carson was killed was too funny. :')

They should just kill of a character and move on with it. No big scenes showing everyone how sad they are and whatnot.

*hints at BSG*

Comment

Originally posted by Mirel View Post
                  We need more eps like The Real World.

As much as i <3 tptb i still cant make it thru this ep. It literally put my guests asleep on the first airing. I get the identity thing, i get the Elisabeth insight, i even loved the settings and guest star but man....

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    As much as i <3 tptb i still cant make it thru this ep. It literally put my guests asleep on the first airing. I get the identity thing, i get the Elisabeth insight, i even loved the settings and guest star but man....
                    Dark episodes storyline: How about an episode where an Atlnatis team member is captured by Michael and turned into a hybrid. He joins Michael but betrays him to save the team. There are two endings:

1. The team member is experimented upon by Keller to cure him and other like him, alive. He is kept in the holding cell alone in the dark.

2. He sacrifices himself by staying behind fighting off dozens of hybrids and Shepard just leaves him behind. He doesn't go in with a rescue team for the guy.

Of course for this to be dark it needs to be a kind of familiar character. Atlantis' equivalent of Siler, Kawalsky. So maybe Chuck, Zelenka or even Lorne. How would you guys feel about that?
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                      Nice way to cut off Atlantis, at least in a "one way" sense. The ships are still there ... well, the one or two that survive ... but unable to go anywhere. They are grounded until somebody figures out how to deal with the thing.

Atlantis could 'gate to Earth but without the bridge and the 304s zipping all over the place Earth could not easily re-supply Atlantis. Earth would have to take the ZPM from the Oddessey or the Antarctic base just to "phone" Atlantis via the Stargate. They could easily write a mishap for the Oddessey's ZPM. And pulling the ZPM from the Antarctic weapon chair is do-able but only on a case by case basis.
                      That would be the idea. Reduce travel to gate travel for all the races. Then have earth take the lead in trying to figure out how to bait and destroy the thing.

I would put a number of these creatures scattered about...so at first they only think there is one. Eventually they figure out there are more and in other galaxies.

Pegasus and the Milky Way would be just 2 of the galaxies these things can comb through, looking for spaceship engines to eat.

I would make the sun the only element hot enough to destroy the creature. Baiting it and leading it into the sun would be the only way to destroy the thing.

The creature would be indiscriminate. It would go after any ship...including non earth ships. Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Wraith, Ori, any ship that is moving through space!
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

How would you feel if we lost the entire fleet?
                        Umm...good riddance.

Never cared for them in the first place. The Promie...ok I didn't mind it but the rest .
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                        X