Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel if we lost the entire fleet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
    I would be furious if we lost the entire fleet. I think I'd actually stop watching, which is saying something considering how long I've been a fan.
    Why though?

Comment

Originally posted by rielgenius1688 View Post
      Well, we do know that another race will be introduced in the upcoming season, and Jeff Mallozzi has said that we will also see new kinds of ships, maybe we'll be lucky and this new race will be able to cause significant trouble to the Ta'uri warships.

We can take on ships built with the knowledge of ascended beings, what could possibly caus trouble for us now?

Comment

Instead of having some great battle take the feet out how about an angle where the ships are hunted and destroyed by an unknown creature that actually consumes the hyper drive core.

I would envision a huge, fiery snake like beast that actually lived in outer space. It consumes high concentrations of energy.

I would call it a Leviathan...after the myth. Have this thing suddenly come back to our galaxy and start eating hyper drives. It would be powerful enough to consume or break through an energy shield and then bore a hole right through the fuselage of the ship. Consume the engine core and emerge the other side.

You wouldn't be able to out run it and you could destroy it with a nuclear missile.

Would love to see Carter and McKay up against that thing.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

How about this:
          Huge space battle against Michael, who blows up the sun, but Apollo have damaged hyperdrives and Ellis beams off everyone, but there isn't enough energy to beam him on to a ship so he dies trying to ram Michel's ship, but that doesn't work, but Daedulus and Pheonix escape.
          http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            Instead of having some great battle take the feet out how about an angle where the ships are hunted and destroyed by an unknown creature that actually consumes the hyper drive core.

I would envision a huge, fiery snake like beast that actually lived in outer space. It consumes high concentrations of energy.

I would call it a Leviathan...after the myth. Have this thing suddenly come back to our galaxy and start eating hyper drives. It would be powerful enough to consume or break through an energy shield and then bore a hole right through the fuselage of the ship. Consume the engine core and emerge the other side.

You wouldn't be able to out run it and you could destroy it with a nuclear missile.

Interesting but 3 ships with Asgard weapons against one of those the odds are against the monster. Also they could just feed it one ship on self destruct and well the blast radius is huge in Last Man it took out three Hives. Now if there were a dozen of those.
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
              How about this:
              Huge space battle against Michael, who blows up the sun, but Apollo have damaged hyperdrives and Ellis beams off everyone, but there isn't enough energy to beam him on to a ship so he dies trying to ram Michel's ship, but that doesn't work, but Daedulus and Pheonix escape.
              interesting but it reminds me of TLM
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i could live with that ....start to refocus on the "stargate"
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Reminds me of that Farscape episode with the giant Boodonk or whatever it was called... I can still hear the old man saying "It eatsss starrrrships".

Comment

Well, I inquired about the pier thing...

PG15 writes: “What do you think about removing one of Atlantis’s piers, permanently, during some battle or explosion or something? Do you guys think you’ll ever do something like that, damage one of the show’s vehicles permanently?”

Answer: It’s possible, but I’m reluctant to make a change for the sake of one episode that would effectively render all of our existing city establishing shots useless.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...orgeous-cover/

That's not unexpected. It's basically the same reasoning as many other shows: money. Oh well.

Comment

Ok... who is Jeff Mallozzi? </sarcasm>

One of the charms of this franchise IMO is the fact that they use and adapt technology they aquire. Building our own interstellar vessels is one major component of that charm.

Keep in mind that having the ships is another storytelling device, and that Earth still needs to be defended. You never know when a pesky replicator fleet will show up. And if they seriously start looking at merchandising (other than the bland Diamond stuff), I'd stock up on ship models.

Also keep in mind the 'thrust' of the new Stargate Universe series.
                      Spoiler:
                      Automated Robot ship sent by the ancients to seed another galaxy with star gates. OK, so this really isn't a spoiler technically, but I was dying to use the spoiler tag thingy.
                      I think 'ships' will remain an active part of the franchise for some time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                        Interesting but 3 ships with Asgard weapons against one of those the odds are against the monster. Also they could just feed it one ship on self destruct and well the blast radius is huge in Last Man it took out three Hives. Now if there were a dozen of those.
                        this creature would be exceedingly fast--speed of light, very maneuverable, and could navigate through the hazards of space. It wouldn't be a mindless creature. It would be a predator that consumes things, including engines. Our current weapons would be no match for this thing. A nuclear missile wouldn't even phase it. Three ships would be sitting ducks. Asgard weapons could not penetrate its skin. This is a creature made to LIVE in the harshness of space.

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
                        Reminds me of that Farscape episode with the giant Boodonk or whatever it was called... I can still hear the old man saying "It eatsss starrrrships".
                        never saw that ep. Only watch the first year of the show.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I would be delighted, but then sad because of no space battle scenes...

Comment

It would be cool if they really lost a ship or two as in wraith or the new race chaptered them.

Note: Yes I know they would have to come up with a way of stopping the wraith
                            from using the hyperdrive engine but thats up to the writers.

Comment

I would hate if they lost their "fleet". I said in a post a few years back when they lost that ancient destroyer the Orion or whatever, 4 or 5 ships is actually not enough. Losing the Promethus & that russian ship was actually quite bad. Its not like they have a whole fleet with about a dozen classes like Trek. Sure in the old days SG-1 sneaking around in a goa'uld ship was different than Trek or B5, & getting a ship made it less different, but at least the advancement to having ship(s) was done for the most part organicly.

While SG hasnt been able to build up a rouges galley of aliens like Trek, B5, SW etc, just having the goa'uld, Ori, Wraith & both Replicators all having a convient excuse for not just sending 1-2 ships to blow SGC off the face of the earth is kind of a strech. Even the 4 ships they have would not help.

Plus, what happened with the Asgard fleet?

Comment

I think it'd suck if we lost the whole fleet, but it would be an interesting twist to lose a big part. I'd prefer it if in some battle with a huge Wraith fleet or with a big new enemy, the Daedalus, the Apollo and the new Phoenix are caught in an ambush. The Daedalus and the Apollo would be destroyed (maybe most of the crew would beam down onto a planet and survive, though) and the Phoenix badly damaged (I like the Phoenix rising from the ashes thing).

It would cut Atlantis off again, as it would take about a season or so for the Phoenix to be repaired and I doubt they would send the Odyssey to the Pegasus Galaxy unless if it was a really big emergency. After all, the Odyssey is still meant to be Earth's primary means of defense along with the Ancient Outpost.

Comment

Working...
                                X