Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel if we lost the entire fleet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not only should we lose the ships we have we should also lose the ability to make more.

then, perhaps the show would be stargate again.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

why? our ships are good. i like it. its how we finally can stand up. the asgard beams were the last final step[though the hive kill in 3 shots is a bit extreme]

Comment

I'd prefer not to lose Ellis, Caldwell, Novak or Marks, and I think destroying the Odyssey would take something away from the Asgard's sacrifice, but other than that blast away, if it adds to the drama then I can't complain.

Comment

I would be glad, because then the show might actually turn into Stargate Atlantis rather than Star Trek or SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
            Michael finishes the fleet using an army of Mckay-clones.
            God! Just to picture that scenario… hahahaha

Comment

It would be more interesting, if they loose some part of the city (one of the six arm or more tower etc.). An Atlantis ruin would be more tragic in CGI scenes, but it could have a feel, that they have fought hardly for their home.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

YES.

I would love for the city to loose one of the piers, permanently.

Then of course, we get the obligatory "dive for treasures" episode immediately afterwards when we try to salvage what we can from the sunken pier.

I wants it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                    Actually if there was a sun explosion route I was thinking that the Phoenix could survive. I mean if Carter was commanding it. When her officers notify her of the fluctuation in the Sun she would understand it instantly and order them to jump into hyperspace. Since the Other Cols aren't scientists they would order for more scans. Carter will try to warn them of course but couldn't get through to them in time because of the battle. The explosion would damage the Phoenix hence it will be shelved for a few months to get it back on line. and ready for battle.

When you think about the Phoenix surviving an exploding sun then comming back on line. It is like a Phoenix being reborn out of the fire.

I don't want to loose the Oddy it has the Asgard Core the legacy of the Asgard!
                    Nobody would be that stupid. I'm pretty sure the crew of the Daedalus and Apollo know that they'd have to get the hell out of dodge when a star explodes. Everyone knows that when sensors pick up an exploding star, you have get the hell away.
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem with losing the fleet

it would mean:

* Atlantis isolated again which is great
                      * more gate travel
                      * no more convenient beam outs
                      * possibly finding an ancient ship and keeping it

besides there are only two other races in the galaxy who have ships anyway
                      how many times can you recycle space battles between the same kind of ships

Comment

Maybe the fleet could be involved in some huge battle (It would look cool) but as opposed to them all being wiped out, maybe the fleet (battle group, wolf pack whatever) gets ambushed, they fight the good fight, but loose 1 ship, the other two (or three) very badly damaged 304's jump out back to Atlantis, but are so badly damaged that they will be out of commission for most of if not all the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                          Nobody would be that stupid. I'm pretty sure the crew of the Daedalus and Apollo know that they'd have to get the hell out of dodge when a star explodes. Everyone knows that when sensors pick up an exploding star, you have get the hell away.
                          Of course, they are going to run away when they see the giant hellfire comming towards them but could they evade it in time. Carter and the Phoenix can barely escape because when she sees the readings about fluctations with the Sun she will know what they mean and immediately order the SHip to hyperspace.

Besides, They are doing battle with Michael's hives.

Lossing the towers of Atlantis is a bad thing and would be tragic but this would have long term problems. Sections of the city would have no shields. I don't think they can enter hyperspace as well. They can fly it but shields would be a problem. Ultimately I may be biased with this. Atlantis looks good I don't want it end up like the one in the Tower.

Of course, this could happen and then after a few episodes We get an alliance with RepliWeir. She helps rebuild Atlantis in exchange they get to study Rodney, Daniel, Shepard. The Near Ascended Boys.

Rodney in the Tao of Mckay

Daniel in numerous occassions

Shepard in that episode he was with the wannabe Ascended in the time dialation planet.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Please, no more replicators!!
                            I really don’t like the idea of having part of the city destroyed… they haven’t finished exploring it (they owe us that!).

And although it will be sad losing all the “fleet”… I like the idea; they’ll be completely isolated and back to regular gate travel (but save Novak and Marks!… I like them).

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              why? our ships are good. i like it. its how we finally can stand up. the asgard beams were the last final step[though the hive kill in 3 shots is a bit extreme]

I think it is cause of how easily we can own other races now, is why some are saying we need to loose a ship or two, or three...

I would love for the city to loose one of the piers, permanently.

Then of course, we get the obligatory "dive for treasures" episode immediately afterwards when we try to salvage what we can from the sunken pier.
                              Now that i would love to see.

Comment

I would be furious if we lost the entire fleet. I think I'd actually stop watching, which is saying something considering how long I've been a fan.
                                sigpic
                                If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                                I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X