X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG-ME View Post
    I read somewhere yesterday about Lornes character and season 5

Spoiler:
    It said that he will appear in 13 episodes in S5, cant confirm this to be true however. Im just glad that he might get more screen time.
    Much as I love Lorne, I'd be worried if he's in too many eps as it probably means TPTB are setting him up to be killed by the end of the season.

Originally posted by Ferret View Post
    Sadly, that won't happen, as SGU is going to be a stand-alone series without connections to SG-1 or SGA.
    If true that'd actually be a relief. However, I'm not about to hold my breath, especially since even if it was true at some point it may not be true by the time they start filming.

Having him as the lead (or a lead) in SGU might be... interesting, but I can't shake the fear that if he got bumped up the ladder- on either show- his character would become flatter, less interesting and a lot more rigid. Recurring characters seem to fare better development-wise.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Yup, they had a team of red shirts with them.
    Then as has been said, they're toast. Our Heroes will miraculously survive, but everyone else will have died horribly in the explosion/collapse. Except maybe for one token Red Shirt who lives just long enough for us to see him suffer as Our Heroes try valiantly to save him before he, too, dies from his injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      who dies?

a red shirt in nearly every freaking episode. what would tptb do with out that plot device?
      As is true in virtually every other Sci-fi programme.

People complain when they kill named characters and also complain when they kill red shirts... I honestly would really hate to be TPTB
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

No one with a name in the credits will die in the building. That means Shep, McKay, and Lorne are safe, but the redshirts are fair game. Oh noes, the redshirts! Look at how fandom is abuzz over their fate!

Kanaan might die but I sure don't care. Michael may die, and I'd probably care more if TPTB had kept him as an interesting villain instead of this power-hungry, emotionless caricature we see now.

Comment

[mod snip]

The Michael/Teyla shippers try to kind of defend him, saying that he became cold because his last human part died in the form of Teyla. After that, he just no longer cared and did the worst he could.

We don't know how she died, so it's a possibility.

And I too find it a bit strange that we don't really know Major Lorne's team, aka they mostly don't have names, aka you kill them off every now and then.

I rewatched "The Defiant One" yesterday, and it just happened that Shep, Rodney and 2 John Doe's were in the Jumper going towards a Wraith Supply Ship. Guess who died? Yup, the Doe's... Later on, Teyla and Ford came to the rescue... Very strange, really. Splitting them up.
          Last edited by Shipperahoy; 11 March 2008, 08:43 AM. Reason: original post was deleted

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Hmm... I wonder if Lorne is considered bad luck and if people go to lengths to avoid getting assigned to him just because of the death rate? Poor Lorne, it's so hard to find good Red Shirts these days. LOL!

Kanaan is a definite possibility, but I think he may survive long enough to die tragically in Teyla's arms.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
              I rewatched "The Defiant One" yesterday, and it just happened that Shep, Rodney and 2 John Doe's were in the Jumper going towards a Wraith Supply Ship. Guess who died? Yup, the Doe's... Later on, Teyla and Ford came to the rescue... Very strange, really. Splitting them up.
              Those two John Doe's happened to have a name... Gaul and Abrams.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SG-ME View Post
                I read somewhere yesterday about Lornes character and season 5

Spoiler:
                It said that he will appear in 13 episodes in S5, cant confirm this to be true however. Im just glad that he might get more screen time.
                and that makes me a very happy Lorne thunker/whumper
                And I read that it will be
                Spoiler:
                14 episodes Makes much of a diffrence huh? 1 ep
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
                  Bearing in mind the climax of TLM, who's a gonner? Don't tell me there's some plot device here that's gonna save everyone or that will majorly suck!
                  None of the main cast will bite the bullet.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    simple. AT decided to leave and focus on Sanctuary. TBTB were looking for a new leader and finally decided to ask if RP was interested, and he was. we don't know how or why Sam will leave Atlantis, there are several theories. however like I said she'll appear in future movies and might return in upcoming Atlantis eps. last but not least TBTB aren't stupid. do you have any idea what would happen if they'd kill her? hell they didn't kill Jack when he left the show and there are a lot more reasons to keep Sam alive
                    I'd be very pissed if they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      What about Atlantis marine #3
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                        Lorne, most like-

*is mobbed to death by legions of Lorne whummpers and thunkers*
                        NOOOOOOOOOO!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
                          Bearing in mind the climax of TLM, who's a gonner? Don't tell me there's some plot device here that's gonna save everyone or that will majorly suck!
                          Kanaan would be my hope.
                          Michael is such a yummy villan and Lorne is just yummy period.
                          sigpic

Comment

No one dies. S 5 photo spoilers
                            Spoiler:
                            We see Sam in a PJ- she's going back in time to stop the team from going into the building. Then they return to "now" and decide look somewhere else. They can do this as many times as it takes to find Teyla without really killing themselves off. To save the galaxy, Sam would be willing to do it. She did it in 2010when it meant the end of the world. Why not now?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Fine by me. That's the reason they created red shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                As for the first part I think it's a little farfetched.
                                how so?

I'd be very pissed if they did.
                                like I said it they won't kill her. none of the original team members will ever die imo. even MS didn't die in Meridian

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                                No one dies. S 5 photo spoilers
                                Spoiler:
                                We see Sam in a PJ- she's going back in time to stop the team from going into the building. Then they return to "now" and decide look somewhere else. They can do this as many times as it takes to find Teyla without really killing themselves off. To save the galaxy, Sam would be willing to do it. She did it in 2010when it meant the end of the world. Why not now?
                                that's an interesting theory. it's based on one pic? I'm just curious...
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X