X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Wow...yeah:

Nice memory! I didn't even remember that. Ok...man, this is hard.

Alright new theory: Ghost in the Machine is not the "ghost from the past"; what if the "creature" in Whispers is the ghost? JM did talk about fog...

And Ghost in the Machine can be the "battle waged on defender's home field" because...hey, it sounds like another Atlantis-goes-nuts episode. What the heck.
    I still think the "And a ghost from the past has us fearing the worst" line refers to Robert Davi's return... what would leave Atlantis feeling more dismayed if they cut into Michael's power base and leave the Wraith severely weakened,
    Spoiler:
    as some spoilers seem to suggest
    only to have Acastus Kolya rear his head again, this time as leader of a new "Genii Alliance" or whatever.

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
    Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
      I still think the "And a ghost from the past has us fearing the worst" line refers to Robert Davi's return... what would leave Atlantis feeling more dismayed if they cut into Michael's power base and leave the Wraith severely weakened,
      Spoiler:
      only to have Acastus Kolya rear his head again, this time as leader of a new "Genii Alliance" or whatever.
      Wow. I can't see how they could bring him back, but that would be completely awesome.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
        Spoiler:
        Um... this would completely make my life. I could die happy if Kolya came back. They shouldn't have killed him in the first place.

This post cheered me up! I was all sad because I'm about to go take a final. Thanks!
        sigpic
        It was Arrested Development

Comment

Wow...yeah:

Nice memory! I didn't even remember that. Ok...man, this is hard.

Alright new theory: Ghost in the Machine is not the "ghost from the past"; what if the "creature" in Whispers is the ghost? JM did talk about fog...

And Ghost in the Machine can be the "battle waged on defender's home field" because...hey, it sounds like another Atlantis-goes-nuts episode. What the heck.
          The moment I read this, an idea was sparked in my head.

Anyone remember the "Fog" in the season 1 episode "Home"

The "fog" had the ability to make up a reality that the people could not tell the difference from the real reality without looking closely. so Ghost in the Machine, with the clue "Battle waged on Defender's homefield" might mean that somehow the fog gets into Atlantis, and starts taking over the minds of the team, because, well really, we are all just biological machines...and it would be on our homefield. And perhaps the "Fog" wont let us go? because it needs something....

I dont know...just a bunch of random babble that popped into my head upon reading your post...

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
            Um... this would completely make my life. I could die happy if Kolya came back. They shouldn't have killed him in the first place.

This post cheered me up! I was all sad because I'm about to go take a final. Thanks!
            Anytime... and I agree with you whole heartedly! Kolya was easily SGA's best villain, he made Michael look like an amateur

But both JM and Davi have mentioned that an episode is in the work that will have the return of Kolya...it was supposed to take place in Season 4, but apparently it didn't fit (they likely didn't want it to get buried in the Replicator War arc and the Athosian arc), so they've bumped it to season 5...see here

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
            The moment I read this, an idea was sparked in my head.

Anyone remember the "Fog" in the season 1 episode "Home"

The "fog" had the ability to make up a reality that the people could not tell the difference from the real reality without looking closely. so Ghost in the Machine, with the clue "Battle waged on Defender's homefield" might mean that somehow the fog gets into Atlantis, and starts taking over the minds of the team, because, well really, we are all just biological machines...and it would be on our homefield. And perhaps the "Fog" wont let us go? because it needs something....

I dont know...just a bunch of random babble that popped into my head upon reading your post...
            Ohh...that sounds really interesting!

But, I think you're reading a little too much into this, mate. I don't think that idea even crossed TPTB's mind
            Last edited by The TARDIS; 10 March 2008, 02:21 PM.

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
            Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              What do you think about this pic though?

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...3/dsc05366.jpg

This is kind of why I was thinking Daedalus Variations for the last line.
              Actually, that's precisely why I chose what I chose.

Spoiler:
              I interpreted it to mean that we'll get a replacement Daedalus from another dimension that will trouble us

Comment

I'm curious about 'Amort'. Could be the detective ep as Lord You suggested, or the extreme Shep Wump ep. I found the following definition for "amort" on Wiktionary: As if dead; lifeless; spiritless; dejected; depressed.

Comment

The brilliant one slowly loses his mind, (Mckay's centric episode)
                  While a group of replacements puts the team in a bind. (the daedalus variations, captain sobol any1?)

While Sheppard battles some really bad luck. (the queen, the shep whump episode)

A corpse is discovered and John plays detective. (im thinking ghost in the machine)
                  The city assailed by mutations infective. (same eppy)

Call the doctor from Earth to help us take action, (daniel jackson two parter)

A battle is waged on the defender’s home field, (ronin's satedan friend, broken ties maybe)

A mission is snagged by an untimely birth. (obviously teyla's baby, search and rescue)

The status quo shifts, a power play made. (whoolsey in search and rescue or even the seed)
                  The arrival of this one leave some feeling dismayed. ------- hopefully the season finale and it plays out for keller (minus the dying) excactly the way older hologram Mckay said it would (keller falling out with the ioa and leaves atlantis)

An old friend returns, loyalties are reversed, (carson)
                  And a ghost from the past has us fearing the worst. (i would say weir but we all know its not, so carson)

Atlantis the target of a mysterious race, (the Daedalus variations)
                  While myriad permutations are viewed from space.
                  thats my take on it
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Actually, that's precisely why I chose what I chose.

Spoiler:
                    I interpreted it to mean that we'll get a replacement Daedalus from another dimension that will trouble us
                    Spoiler:
                    either that or from the future
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      either that or from the future
                      Spoiler:
                      I doubt it. we've seen enough time travel for at least another 15-20 eps imo
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I doubt it. we've seen enough time travel for at least another 15-20 eps imo
                        Haha, agreed. Two-fold, actually, because I ended up watching Moebius I and II today, which just gave me an uber-headache.
                        sigpic
                        It was Arrested Development

Comment

"ghost from the past" could mean ford
                          and i think "a battle is raged on the defenders home turf" was for BAMSR

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                            "ghost from the past" could mean ford
                            and i think "a battle is raged on the defenders home turf" was for BAMSR
                            Poor Ford!

But "ghost from the past" can also mean, Kolya! And so far we don't have any information on a Sheppard centered episode for the first half yet, so who knows?

Maybe if I keep my fingers crossed?

sigs by the talented CazzBlade, elephantgirl,CKO, kali1, csom, Luciana, Torri012 and rachel d..thanks so much!

Comment

Every line here refers to Season 5 episodes...

Comment

Every line here refers to Season 5 episodes...
                                are u sure, i really thought it was about BAMSR, DAM

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X