This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Hey guys, do you need some pro thoughts for Season 5 and beyond?

Joe M's blog answers fans questions about SGA beyond Season 5. I think you will like this question...

Spoiler:
    Claimial writes: “Why would MGM or SciFi or whoever is responsible for making these kinds of decisions cancel a show that is doing so great?”

Answer: It all comes down to economics. The longer a show runs, the more expensive it is to produce. When it reaches the point that the costs outweigh the financial benefits, then the plug is pulled. But that’s not to say we’ve reached that point however.
    yup I just read that

Also BSG was running against only one show "Numb3rs". Atlantis for most of their weeks had, Las Vegas, Numbers, and Psych. Did you see what happened after these shows ended? Remember I said there was opportunity for "The Kindred" and "The Last Man"? Well BAM! They averaged good numbers for the last 4 eps!

Going back on Season 5 topic. I do hope the Summer premiere will strike up good ratings.

Also, as per BSG their finale last season pulled a 1.2 for Live+SD! Just to compare apples to apples.
    it reminds me of these
    Spoiler:

Oh yeah dude. I just think the numbers now will be good enough for a 6th season. After how great Season 4 was, I don't want S5 to be the last.
    like you always say, s4.5 was more interesting than s3.5 (I'm talking about ratings and viewers of course )!
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Oh yeah dude. I just think the numbers now will be good enough for a 6th season. After how great Season 4 was, I don't want S5 to be the last.
      I know exactly what you mean... I don't want SGA to end on a 5th season, earlier today I was thinking about the whole thing with SG:U and the big 1-0-0...
      I know I've said it before but TPTB (especially SCI-FI <insert whatever >) better not see that as a good milestone to finish on...

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      it reminds me of these
      Spoiler:

Most amusing

Comment

I don't know. Look who SciFi hired as mods. Not the greatest executive decision
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I don't know. Look who SciFi hired as mods. Not the greatest executive decision
          Hey Jelgate did you know Tame deleted our posts because she thought we were bashing SCI FI forum instead of having a laugh with Brian?

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
            Hey Jelgate did you know Tame deleted our posts because she thought we were bashing SCI FI forum instead of having a laugh with Brian?
            What are you going to do. I'm not trying to get the highest post count. The laughs were in the present. Better Tame than a mod I don't like.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              What are you going to do. I'm not trying to get the highest post count. The laughs were in the present. Better Tame than a mod I don't like.
              I'm just saying... she thought we were actually bashing SCI FI forum and thier Mods, I don't really care about it but my post was more directed at a perticular Squall78 and I was agreeing with Brian about him being a stalker on their forum

Comment

I'm just saying... she thought we were actually bashing SCI FI forum and thier Mods, I don't really care about it but my post was more directed at a perticular Squall78 and I was agreeing with Brian about him being a stalker on their forum
                don't you know the rules?
                sigpic

Comment

don't you know the rules?
                  Obviously I do My post in itself as was Brian's was on the line... if I went by another name on another forum and said he (meaning me, and people knew that) was an idiot, that isn't against the rules... perhaps a silly joke that could easily be misinterpreted like someone who didn't know that other name was also me could easily get the wrong impression... I said nothing directly against their forum or any member other than agree with Brian - can you really be breaking the rules for agreeing with someone who is making a joke about themself?

Comment

Obviously I do My post in itself as was Brian's was on the line... if I went by another name on another forum and said he (meaning me, and people knew that) was an idiot, that isn't against the rules... perhaps a silly joke that could easily be misinterpreted like someone who didn't know that other name was also me could easily get the wrong impression... I said nothing directly against their forum or any member other than agree with Brian - can you really be breaking the rules for agreeing with someone who is making a joke about themself?
                    IDK ask the mods (it depends on the forum )
                    sigpic

Comment

IDK ask the mods (it depends on the forum )
                      Well I'm sure you already know the answer, the Mods arn't going to waste time modding people for joking around, maybe for going off topic though ...I only brought it up, well read the second to last post Jelgate made, I know and you no doubt know he's joking about Brian/Squall78 but that post could easily be read differently and be taken serious which is why Tame deleted all the posts relating to Squall78 a.k.a Brian in that other thread...

Comment

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                        Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post

Cool pic, I know how to do effects like that with photoshop

Comment

Cool pic, I know how to do effects like that with photoshop
                            GIMP, my good FoXz... I am far too cheap for Photoshop

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                            Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                              GIMP, my good FoXz... I am far too cheap for Photoshop
                              LoL... did you make that pic yourself?

Comment

I keep getting reminded by MS that BSG although pulled in the same total viewers as SGA's Season 4 finale, had 30% higher numbers than SGA in the 18 to 49 demo. So bascially folks, only old people watch Atlantis?

I truly am getting sick of the ratings talk, I truly need to stop and not give a crap anymore. I just don't want to see Season 5 being the last season. There is so much potential from Season 4 and from what I read for Season 5 to carry many more seasons. The numbers that actually matter are up by 30% from last season. So lets leave it at that.

Why do I continue? Because of people in general, who either distort facts or negative spin the numbers. I am not just talking about GW, but everyone on the internet. Someone on another site forum was saying BSG's ratings were bad for the premiere, I was like WHA? How the Frak can you negative spin a 1.6 with 2.1 million viewers? WTF? We don't know what's good or bad, only the network does. What we do KNOW is that the numbers are a lot better from before. That has to mean something, when they go up.

This is how I feel at the end of the day.......

Spoiler:

So, I am going to try and stay out of the ratings discussion. If you guys have questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

I just want to praise and anticipate Season 5 oh and enjoy BSG now, instead of pinning it's ratings against SGA's!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X