This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    ^^Chances are by the time I get over here after GiTM, you will have all gone to bed.

I'll be here. I like to check the traffic on SCI FI.com for after the 2nd airing.

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
    I think there is a good chance for that.
    Yup!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
      Which one?

This one?
      nope

yes

yup

speaking of GitM, check out Alex Levine's blog
      **snip**

Now, for the rest of you, this story picked up from the tag (the last scene) of Be All My Sins, where we see Weir (as a Replicator?) formulating her 'plan'. What plan? Well, that's what the story is about.

**snip**

Now I won't say how this all works - you'll have to watch - but I will say what Carl told me: Michelle Morgan is an excellent actress who worked very hard studying previous performances of Weir. The result is that this "substitution" works really well...

So enjoy the episode. I did.
      http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        yeah same for Ronon imo. I'm not sure how much ship we'll see in the first half. it's supposed to be an issue in Tracker but other than that...?
        Just 'Tracker' I think for the first half.

speaking of GitM, check out Alex Levine's blog
        **snip**

Now, for the rest of you, this story picked up from the tag (the last scene) of Be All My Sins, where we see Weir (as a Replicator?) formulating her 'plan'. What plan? Well, that's what the story is about.

**snip**

Now I won't say how this all works - you'll have to watch - but I will say what Carl told me: Michelle Morgan is an excellent actress who worked very hard studying previous performances of Weir. The result is that this "substitution" works really well...

So enjoy the episode. I did.
        http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/
        Sounds really good, I can't wait.

Comment

Just 'Tracker' I think for the first half.
          yeah and probably Identity in the back half. that's the one on Earth right?

Sounds really good, I can't wait.
          same here
          sigpic

Comment

GitM has to go up against the olympics and the new Star Wars movie.

Everybody can blast me for saying it, but I really don't care about the Weir arc. I'm looking forward to seeing FRAN and the CGI of the city sinking from the SciFi trailer.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Didn't SGA have to go against the Dark Knight once. Also the Olympics overhyped. At this point in the competition, people don't care to much. Most viewers will take a break and watch an hour of Stargate
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

yeah and probably Identity in the back half. that's the one on Earth right?
                I think you're thinking of 'Brain Storm'.
                Spoiler:
                - Rodney McKay is invited to a landmark scientific presentation by an old "friend" from his school days -- or rival is more like it. Malcolm Tunney has gone on to great success, with public acclaim and lots of money. Rodney, meanwhile, hasn't published in years and can't tell anyone about what he really does for a living.

Bringing along Dr. Jennifer Keller as his date, McKay returns to Earth for the event. The two are brought to a secret desert facility by Tunney's private jet. There the test of an astonishing new technology is to take place -- a demonstration that doubles as a high-society cocktail party for dozens of wealthy and important guests.

But McKay and the rest of the guests are unaware that some of Tunney's colleagues have warned about possible catastrophic consequences for what he is about to do. The device to be demonstrates is activated, and it causes the temperature in the room to drop. It appears to be a sort of weather-control device, an ingenious solution to global warming.

The crowd applauds ... but Dr. Tunney is soon informed that his device cannot be shut down. Not only is Tunney's project in danger, but so are the lives of everyone in the facility.
                (GateWorld news report)
                http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5/516.shtml

'Identity' will feature some McKay/Keller scene/s as well but that seems more a Keller ep and is set on Atlantis (and somewhere offworld).

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  Well at least it didn't go up against the Olympics opening ceremony. Also, based on the trailer I predict the animated Star Wars movie is crap.
                  Last edited by Infinatus; 15 August 2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Didn't SGA have to go against the Dark Knight once. Also the Olympics overhyped. At this point in the competition, people don't care to much. Most viewers will take a break and watch an hour of Stargate
                    That's true
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I think you're thinking of 'Brain Storm'.

'Identity' will feature some McKay/Keller scene/s as well but that seems more a Keller ep and is set on Atlantis (and somewhere offworld).
                      you're right, I was thinking of Brain Storm
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think the Olympics are going to hurt SGA tonight. They say that SCI FI and sports do not compete with eachother. SGA may even benefit from it, here is my reasoning. A person hates sports, all their other shows are on hiatus because of the Olympics, they decide to check out some Science Fiction so they tune into Atlantis tonight......

Of course I could be totally wrong and SGA may see the season low, but that is what Live + 7 is for.
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about that, like jelgate said the hype for the Olypmics has calmed down a bit and the opening ceremony was more a concern because a lot of people like to tune in for that even if they don't intend to watch most of the Olympics.

And the Star Wars movie could have a slight effect but then there is still the DVR numbers and I don't expect the movie will have such a buzz on release that 'The Dark Knight' had.

Everybody can blast me for saying it, but I really don't care about the Weir arc. I'm looking forward to seeing FRAN and the CGI of the city sinking from the SciFi trailer.
                          At thins point I just want closure, after everything that has happen I think this one should be layed to rest and moved on from.

Didn't SGA have to go against the Dark Knight once.
                          Yup.

Also the Olympics overhyped. At this point in the competition, people don't care to much. Most viewers will take a break and watch an hour of Stargate
                          Yeah the Olympics shouldn't have much effect on SGAs ratings tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                            Well at least it didn't go up against the Olympics opening ceremony. Also, based on the trailer I predict the animated Star Wars movie will be crap.
                            I've heard a lot of that. There's only a few lines in the trailer I thought were really bad ("follow me") The critics have been hard on it too. But that's also what everybody said before AotC & RotS and people still went to see it.

And I could be completely wrong and it won't affect the ratings at all, but I'm not expecting any more than 'The Seed' in ratings even though the trailers look like it'll be a cool episode.

Comment

There is Stargate on from 5pm to like 2am tonight. How cool is that? 4 of the tiime slots is Atlantis!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                                Well at least it didn't go up against the Olympics opening ceremony. Also, based on the trailer I predict the animated Star Wars movie will be crap.
                                I didn't think much of the trailer for that animated movie.

you're right, I was thinking of Brain Storm
                                It looks to be another interesting ep, I like the sound of 'Identity' as well.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                I don't think the Olympics are going to hurt SGA tonight. They say that SCI FI and sports do not compete with eachother. SGA may even benefit from it, here is my reasoning. A person hates sports, all their other shows are on hiatus because of the Olympics, they decide to check out some Science Fiction so they tune into Atlantis tonight......
                                That's what I'm thinking, I haven't been following the Olympics and there are probably a fair few that are the same.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Of course I could be totally wrong and SGA may see the season low, but that is what Live + 7 is for.

Comment

Working...
                                X