• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Your the male form of Linda
    There are now two of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
      Spoiler:
      I think Shep should hijack one of Todd's hives now and crash it into a planet after what he tried to do with the Daedalus.
      Spoiler:
      dude that'd be soooo cool!

sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          Spoiler:
          dude that'd be soooo cool!
          Yup.

Comment

Not to sound like a jerk. I'm still a little bitter at the moment. But no offense, this is not Stargate Teyla, or Stargate Weir, or even Stargate Sheppard. This is Stargate Atlantis and the producers do the best to give the screentime to all of the team. Quite frankly, Sheppard aka Joe Flanigan is the lead character/actor and he always will be. He is the Jack O'neill of SGA. You are going to see him and Rodney Mckay do the most interacting with the rest of the cast. Not even Keller gets the amount of screentime as the original team especially Sheppard and Mckay.

Getting to "TLT"

Spoiler:
            She had few scenes in "TLT". The episode focused more on Daniel Jackson and Mckay and then Sheppard trying to get to Rodney and Daniel. I think Todd had a lot of screentime as well. I just don't get some people with saying how much screentime someone gets. Yes, I can count every min that each character is in, like some people here do, just to complain about it. But I Fraking rather have a good 5 min character scene rather than over an hour of screentime with them just standing there in the background looking pretty. Teyla had her scenes and so did Ronon. They were good, and I enjoyed them. Teyla was there for the beginning to help Sheppard and Zelenka and offer moral support when Woolsey was about to be fed on by Todd. We were shown how much Sheppard trusts Teyla and she is not just this unimportant character that has not grown or earned the trust of Atlantis and Sheppard. That one little scene shows a lot and when I watched it again I got that feeling.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Not to sound like a jerk. I'm still a little bitter at the moment. But no offense, this is not Stargate Teyla, or Stargate Weir, or even Stargate Sheppard. This is Stargate Atlantis and the producers do the best to give the screentime to all of the team. Quite frankly, Sheppard aka Joe Flanigan is the lead character/actor and he always will be. He is the Jack O'neill of SGA. You are going to see him and Rodney Mckay do the most interacting with the rest of the cast. Not even Keller gets the amount of screentime as the original team especially Sheppard and Mckay.
              The show for me has always been more about the stories than just following one or two characters, I really like the team and how they work well together but after watching S1+2 over the past week one thing I tried to understand is why somewhere around the end of S2 to beginning of S3 I began to loose interest in Teyla (not hate or dislike, just loose interest), it could have been the hiatus between seasons but she was great in S1 and had her moments in S2, I dunno, to me Teyla just dipped somewhere there and the missing Athosian arc just made that worse, Teyla needs a whole new direction and purpose on the show IMO.

Getting to "TLT"

Spoiler:
              She had few scenes in "TLT". The episode focused more on Daniel Jackson and Mckay and then Sheppard trying to get to Rodney and Daniel. I think Todd had a lot of screentime as well. I just don't get some people with saying how much screentime someone gets. Yes, I can count every min that each character is in, like some people here do, just to complain about it. But I Fraking rather have a good 5 min character scene rather than over an hour of screentime with them just standing there in the background looking pretty. Teyla had her scenes and so did Ronon. They were good, and I enjoyed them. Teyla was there for the beginning to help Sheppard and Zelenka and offer moral support when Woolsey was about to be fed on by Todd. We were shown how much Sheppard trusts Teyla and she is not just this unimportant character that has not grown or earned the trust of Atlantis and Sheppard. That one little scene shows a lot and when I watched it again I got that feeling.
              I've probably made the point before but IMO it's irrelevant how much screentime a character gets, you give them too much with nothing to do and what's the result? they become wallpapered. Now I haven't seen Keller in any situation where TPTB have done that, just had her the for the sake of someone pretty infront of the camera, most of her screentime has been purposeful, she has added to the scene either as the CMO or as a person involved in the situation.

I'm not really happy with how Teyla has been handled at times though looking at how S5 has played out so far I can't see how she could have been included more, with 'Daedalus Variations' and 'The Queen' it has been proven she can be useful, it would be great if that could be the case more often but in the case of 'TLT':
              Spoiler:
              We knew before hand this was going to happen, Teyla taking charge of Atlantis while Shep and Zelenka go off on the Travelers ship to get to the Attero device before Todd kills Daniel and McKay, Teyla got more screentime than I was expecting from knowing that and what difference could she have made, what part could Teyla have played if she went with Shep? Even though she wasn't onscreen Teyla played a more important role IMO by taking care of the city in case Todd should decide to take the Daedalus there and attack.

Comment

See, Foxes are smart animals. You know that old saying Clever as a Fox?

Anyway I agree. I have my favorite characters and I have seen these characters go through changes. I think the story is important and so are the characters. You hit the nail on the head with how the team works well with eachother. We saw the team seperated or being paired up, and I liked how it was done.

Spoiler:
                As per Teyla, I've always loved the connection with her and Michael and the use of her Gift. Kindred was one of my favorite eps. I also enjoyed the Queen. I know we are likely going to get a few more of these kind of eps whereTeyla is using her gift or Michael will try and get her baby again. I cannot wait for those eps. I think some nice drama there. What if Kanaan dies trying to save their child. Hmmm stuff like that would be interesting.

With all that said. Teyla is not my favorite character. I still enjoy her a lot though. One of my favorite characters is floating in the cold of space right now. Yet, I am still loving this show, strange huh? Should I get my head checked?

I was upset to see one of my characters go off the show, but we got some really powerful eps that I will always enjoy watching because of the direction. Heck anything is possible if we get multiple movies to bring this character back.
                Spoiler:
                Heck, everyone was ready to cash in on the Asgard being all dead......boy where they surprised.
                sigpic

Comment

Not true, I'd check with Lemming to be certain, but IIRC Keller has had more screentime than Teyla this season despite being in less eps.
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

See, Foxes are smart animals. You know that old saying Clever as a Fox?
                    Yup.

Anyway I agree. I have my favorite characters and I have seen these characters go through changes. I think the story is important and so are the characters. You hit the nail on the head with how the team works well with eachother. We saw the team seperated or being paired up, and I liked how it was done.
                    It's just a shame we don't get more team episodes but then it is cheaper to shoot 2 or more eps roughly the same time which is the main reason for splitting the cast up like what has been happening.

Spoiler:
                    As per Teyla, I've always loved the connection with her and Michael and the use of her Gift. Kindred was one of my favorite eps. I also enjoyed the Queen. I know we are likely going to get a few more of these kind of eps whereTeyla is using her gift or Michael will try and get her baby again. I cannot wait for those eps. I think some nice drama there. What if Kanaan dies trying to save their child. Hmmm stuff like that would be interesting.
                    Spoiler:
                    There is still a chance for some good Teyla scenes later on this season, she'll have an important part to play in 'The Prodigal' and hopefully she'll be put to good use there, it looks like it will be a good episode anyway.

With all that said. Teyla is not my favorite character. I still enjoy her a lot though. One of my favorite characters is floating in the cold of space right now. Yet, I am still loving this show, strange huh? Should I get my head checked?

I was upset to see one of my characters go off the show, but we got some really powerful eps that I will always enjoy watching because of the direction. Heck anything is possible if we get multiple movies to bring this character back.
                    Yeah it's possible but I wouldn't hold out for it.

Spoiler:
                    Heck, everyone was ready to cash in on the Asgard being all dead......boy where they surprised.
                    Spoiler:
                    Not me after 'Unending' I did wonder at the possibility of more Asgard out there or if some decided to flee the suicide pact and work on the genetic degradation more before giving up (maybe Loki) but it was cool to see another tribe in the Pegasus willing to do whatever is necessary to survive.

That could make an awesome movie if followed up.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                    Not true, I'd check with Lemming to be certain, but IIRC Keller has had more screentime than Teyla this season despite being in less eps.
                    So TPTB should up Teyla's screentime and wallpaper her then? to an extent I agree with the opinions that TPTB don't seem to know what to do with Teyla quite a lot of the time but, well quality over quantity, wouldn't you want Teyla to have some meaning, purpose for being onscreen rather than just standing there so it can be said "Teyla's getting more screentime now" ? I know I would anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                      Well Fox hit the nail on the head above. So he covered what I was going to say.

Even shows like BSG lose focus on certain characters. You never see the same person in every single episode. Some characters missed several eps. When you force everyone in am episode of scene together it just doesn't work. Season 9 of SG-1 had Teal'c in the background for like half a season. They totally sidelined him. The first 6 eps of Season 9 was the Daniel and Vala show.

Yup.

It's just a shame we don't get more team episodes but then it is cheaper to shoot 2 or more eps roughly the same time which is the main reason for splitting the cast up like what has been happening.
                      Well next episode looks like the team is together and with one Carson Beckett.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well next episode looks like the team is together and with one Carson Beckett.
                        Indeed, 'Outsiders' looks pretty good and the wraith are back to being the bad guys again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          they as in TPTB?
                          Yep!

Spoiler:
                          I understand. however I don't believe that he would simply lie to us. I mean why?
                          Because it's JM!

Spoiler:
                          sure she's needed. you're right, she doesn't play as big a role as in previous seasons but she's still needed imo (if only to be in charge of Atlantis)
                          Well I guess babysitting Atlantis is a pretty big job!

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                          shes does have to take care of her child now so...
                          Well if they knew they were gonna use her sparingly why not just write her out completely!

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                          Or a Sheppard fan.
                          Well even some of the Shep fans are not completely happy

And that's a bad thing?

Keller gets way more screentime than Teyla and gets alot more to do even than Teyla these days and I thought Teyla was the leading lady...That was my mistake for thinking that

Getting to "TLT"

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          So all she's there to do now is give moral support and look after Atlantis while the others go galavanting all over the galaxy now....

Why is she still there

I really thought Teyla was a main character...I must have missed the memo saying Teyla's been reduced to recurring character!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Well if they knew they were gonna use her sparingly why not just write her out completely!
                            TPTB still wanting Teyla around? Given the right things to work with she can be useful, it just takes those writing the episodes to see that and apply her to the story.

Well even some of the Shep fans are not completely happy
                            Why?

And that's a bad thing?
                            Of course it is.

Keller gets way more screentime than Teyla and gets alot more to do even than Teyla these days and I thought Teyla was the leading lady...That was my mistake for thinking that
                            I don't know what's going on with Teyla but if you look back it isn't something new, and I'm not just talking about S4, I still think it should have been Teyla possessed in 'The Long Goodbye' and not Weir.

Spoiler:
                            So all she's there to do now is give moral support and look after Atlantis while the others go galavanting all over the galaxy now....

Why is she still there

I really thought Teyla was a main character...I must have missed the memo saying Teyla's been reduced to recurring character!
                            There was a memo? well I didn't get one either then.

Comment

TPTB still wanting Teyla around? Given the right things to work with she can be useful, it just takes those writing the episodes to see that and apply her to the story.
                              I've noticed the last two seasons that the only one's that seem interested in writing something substantial for Teyla is Alan and Carl!

Why?
                              Um not too sure..Think it has something to do with him not getting anything meaty to sink his acting teeth into and always being used as the "hero."

Of course it is.
                              Ok am i going off my head or have these smileys at the side been moved around again

I don't know what's going on with Teyla but if you look back it isn't something new, and I'm not just talking about S4, I still think it should have been Teyla possessed in 'The Long Goodbye' and not Weir.
                              Maybe not but at least she was with the team most of the time....JM said that we'd see alot more Teyla this year.....pfft yeah right....When am i gonna learn to stop listening to anything he says

There was a memo? well I didn't get one either then.
                              We must get our memos from the same place as Jack
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, Teyla, Ronon, and Mckay have all had more focused eps than the leading character Sheppard this season. From what I read Teyla has at least 2 more eps coming up. She has already had 3 this season. That is 5 eps having the story wrapped around her. That is 1/4 of a season focusing on her. That is pretty damn good if you ask me. Sheppard has just been there to interact with everyone. Keller has had one, maybe 2 if you count "The Seed".
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X