This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
    Hey, I liked the episode. It was quite entertaining overall.

Spoiler:
    I liked the Asgard better in First Contact because they were very efficient and no nonsense. I loved the scene in which Daniel talks with the Asgard leader ("That would make you worse than the Wraith" "Perhaps"), however I really did not like that a Traveler ship can destroy two Asgard ships. To me that was unacceptable. Also, now that we know there's an Asgard in each suit and not one Asgard controlling each suit I really wonder why those things aren't bullet proof. There are other ways to show that the identity of the "Aliens in Suits" is a mystery than showing them to be weak, with ineffective personal shields and armor so that one can be killed.
    Spoiler:
    It opens so much opportunity with having Asgard around the pegasus galaxy. Just that alone should make this an epic episode. That couple of scenes with Daniel and the Asgard was good enough for me to classify this episode as a top 10.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    yeah I was hoping to see more of Teyla, that was definitely disappointing. however did we see more of her in FC? anyway the other aspects of TLT (Daedalus, Todd, Daniel-Rodney, Asgard, Travelers) were awesome imo, it's one of my favorite s5 eps
    Spoiler:
    Teyla was not around that much for FC either. She first came on screen when Sheppard called a team to investigate the infiltration.

This was just a great episode. Not only because it was entertaining but it leaves opportunity open and really makes the viewer/fan think about whats going to happen next. Hmmm to bad the show is being cancelled, huh?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Spoiler:
      Teyla was not around that much for FC either. She first came on screen when Sheppard called a team to investigate the infiltration.
      Spoiler:
      yeah and then when the suit explodes and later on in the control room

This was just a great episode. Not only because it was entertaining but it leaves opportunity open and really makes the viewer/fan think about whats going to happen next. Hmmm to bad the show is being cancelled, huh?
      yeah that's what I meant. I missed Teyla but the other parts were great so it was kinda ok. however I certainly understand the frustration of Teyla fans. on the other hand wasn't she in charge of Atlantis in Adrift and Lifeline? I guess TPTB think it makes sense for her to stay in Atlantis, being a mother and all
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        If the first 5 minutes are any indication, Linda will be happy
        Just keep on watching...

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Yeah I was happy for the first like 15 minutes or so then........my worse fears were confirmed

Spoiler:
        I knew Teyla was gonna get left behind to babysit yet again...I just knew it...I'm sick and tired of Teyla being dumped out of the eps or dumped into the background...

Ok i'm shutting up now because this is so the wrong thread for this!
        It's indeed a sad thing to see, especially...

Spoiler:
        when Zelenka was given even more time than her...

But I think that Rachel just isn't available to do much more than they are doing with her, now? Or that they want to spare her a bit with the kid, I mean, she's breastfeeding, and that takes an hour of her time every 3 hours or so, or if the kid wakes up early, it's 2.5 hours... I don't know if they're working with solutions in between, or not, so... That might explain a few things.

But they could just outright tell us that... Or not, since it's private.

I do think that there's another reason Sheppard orders her to take Atlantis, above the 'you're the only person I can trust to do this'. And that's she has a son, and she's put herself in grave danger once, and he's kinda protective of her, so he'll order her to stay behind, or to leave a room that's about to explode, anytime he can...

Good news, though. Next episodes are team episodes, so they have no chance but to drag her along. And then it's The Prodigal, where Michael will corner his Queen, so... More scenes with her then!

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
        I didn't think you'd like it because of Teyla staying behind, that annoyed me a bit to. But if she did come, what would she do? Because their really wasn't a logical reason for her to come.

On the brightside, she should get plenty of screen time next week, it looks like a good team episode.
        Indeed. There was nothing for her to add to the story, in this episode. Shep has told her to stay and watch over Atlantis before this, and back then I think Linda wasn't that unhappy about it. It shows what Sheppard thinks of Teyla.

She should be getting more screentime in the next 3 episodes.
        Spoiler:
        Dunno about Remnants, sadly she's probably only going to have one scene, if any, in Brain Storm, right? And then there's Infection in which she'll be used again. She might be dragged along in Identity. And Vegas could be a Teyla low episode, but that could go for a few characters, and Enemy At The Gate, we don't have a clue.

Maybe we'll see the Oddy again?

Why is it always Teyla that has to stay behind I'm losing interest....She might be there next week but it's not to say she'll actually get to do anything
        Spoiler:
        I'm not looking forward to the rest of the season...Looks like it's all about Keller and McKeller so I dunno if i'll even watch....

I've almost given up now!
        Toodles.

Well the Teyla thing was a disappointment. I said to myself, not going to hear the end of the complaints from fans, but you know what? They have every right to be upset. It did not bother me as much, but I can relate.

I was just so excited about the Asgard a lot of things were not noticable to me until I saw the ep again. See my sig? I loooooooove the Asgard. The Asgard were not good or evil, and I loved that aspect of them.

I am going to be very critical to people's reviews about this episode. So I apologize if I seem a little assertive or abrupt.
        I'd rather not see the Asgard again.
        Spoiler:
        Besides, their ships easily exploded under the fire of a Traveler ship, while the T's shields didn't appear to be suffering much; and even the Wraith got their good ships down, so I don't see a powerful enemy in them?

I'd rather see the option of the Wraith having found out how to travel in between galaxies, because they were so desperate to get away from infected humans. Either it's by betrayal, e.g. Kenny going to another alliance with the information from the Daedalus, or The Wraith figured it out themselves, and Todd warns us about it.

I doubt Todd will be getting that much more screen time this season, too. Infection should be the biggest ep next to The Queen, but for EatG, I don't think he'll tag along, especially not since it appears from that picture that he'll warn us about a possible Wraith (?) invasion, and he'll only be talking to a MALP?

Ah well, he'll be getting a movie, which we'll be seeing at the end of 2009.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Spoiler:
          yeah and then when the suit explodes and later on in the control room

yeah that's what I meant. I missed Teyla but the other parts were great so it was kinda ok. however I certainly understand the frustration of Teyla fans. on the other hand wasn't she in charge of Atlantis in Adrift and Lifeline? I guess TPTB think it makes sense for her to stay in Atlantis, being a mother and all
          Spoiler:
          Dude, if Teyla went on the mission people would be complaining to why no one was left to lead Atlantis. She was the best canidate. Sorry to the Teyla fans but as a writing aspect and to make the episode work, she had to stay to lead because she does have the trust and leadership abilities. So it's like a double-edge sword with woulda coulda shoulda, yousa think?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

Spoiler:
            Besides, their ships easily exploded under the fire of a Traveler ship, while the T's shields didn't appear to be suffering much; and even the Wraith got their good ships down, so I don't see a powerful enemy in them?

I'd rather see the option of the Wraith having found out how to travel in between galaxies, because they were so desperate to get away from infected humans. Either it's by betrayal, e.g. Kenny going to another alliance with the information from the Daedalus, or The Wraith figured it out themselves, and Todd warns us about it.

I doubt Todd will be getting that much more screen time this season, too. Infection should be the biggest ep next to The Queen, but for EatG, I don't think he'll tag along, especially not since it appears from that picture that he'll warn us about a possible Wraith (?) invasion, and he'll only be talking to a MALP?

Spoiler:
            Oh it's going to be really interesting when Todd shows up again, oh yeah!!! See that is yet another opportunity this episode created. BTW, Todd was excellent in this episode. He even got a little joke crack in there when his 2nd commander said they are no longer in hyper space. LOL. Todd: I see that.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              Dude, if Teyla went on the mission people would be complaining to why no one was left to lead Atlantis. She was the best canidate. Sorry to the Teyla fans but as a writing aspect and to make the episode work, she had to stay to lead because she does have the trust and leadership abilities. So it's like a double-edge sword with woulda coulda shoulda, yousa think?
              *cough*Lorne*cough*

I agree with you on the Asgard! Glad they're back
              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Spoiler:

I agree with Spikey.

Spoiler:
                The Asgard had a good introduction in First Contact, but like all enemies they've been dumbed down and made less powerful. Unfortunately, this happened in their second episode. Don't get me wrong, this was an entertaining episode. I should reiterate that the only thing I don't like is how the Asgard are portrayed as incompetent and weak.

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                  *cough*Lorne*cough*

I agree with you on the Asgard! Glad they're back
                  Spoiler:
                  If it was not for the Asgard this would of been like a B+ or A- episode to me. That Asgard story-arc there truly raised the bar for the episode and the show, imo.

They combined my two favorite shows and used a SGA story-arc to carry it. To me that is brilliant. Not a rehash, but Brilliant.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    regarding the Asgard ship vs Traveler ships, remember those aren't equipped with new Asgard MG technology, they're more than 10,000 years old

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    true but I'm sure it'd be no problem to leave Banks and/or Chuck in charge of Atlantis. B5 did it, why can't Atlantis? just saying, if TPTB want her to leave Atlantis they'll find a way

Spoiler:
                    Oh it's going to be really interesting when Todd shows up again, oh yeah!!! See that is yet another opportunity this episode created. BTW, Todd was excellent in this episode. He even got a little joke crack in there when his 2nd commander said they are no longer in hyper space. LOL. Todd: I see that.
                    Spoiler:
                    yup Todd was great in TLT, his next ep's Infection
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I agree. Todd was great in this ep.

Spoiler:
                      It opens so much opportunity with having Asgard around the pegasus galaxy. Just that alone should make this an epic episode. That couple of scenes with Daniel and the Asgard was good enough for me to classify this episode as a top 10.
                      Spoiler:
                      I do worry that if the Asgard show up again they'll be made into cliche enemies.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        regarding the Asgard ship vs Traveler ships, remember those aren't equipped with new Asgard MG technology, they're more than 10,000 years old
                        Spoiler:
                        The Asgard leader in TLT said that they were the product of 100,000 years of civilization. Surely a Traveler ship can't hope to rival even a 10,000 year old Asgard ship, let alone destroy 2 ships all by itself.

Comment

She wasn't even pregnant in Lifeline...
                          Spoiler:
                          If they think it's best for her to dstay on Atlantis because she's a mother now then why send her out on missions at all....I mean every mission is dangerous so why pick and choose what missions to go on!

It's indeed a sad thing to see, especially...

Spoiler:
                          when Zelenka was given even more time than her...

But I think that Rachel just isn't available to do much more than they are doing with her, now? Or that they want to spare her a bit with the kid, I mean, she's breastfeeding, and that takes an hour of her time every 3 hours or so, or if the kid wakes up early, it's 2.5 hours... I don't know if they're working with solutions in between, or not, so... That might explain a few things.

But they could just outright tell us that... Or not, since it's private.
                          Spoiler:

Well JM lied to us Teyla fans..He said we'd see alot more Teyla this season...Well I beg to differ...We saw alot more Teyla in S4 than we've seen so far in S5...I don't think that's the case..If it is then why not just tell us..They don't have to go into detail...Na I think JM likes messing with us too much for that

[sopilers]I do think that there's another reason Sheppard orders her to take Atlantis, above the 'you're the only person I can trust to do this'. And that's she has a son, and she's put herself in grave danger once, and he's kinda protective of her, so he'll order her to stay behind, or to leave a room that's about to explode, anytime he can...

Good news, though. Next episodes are team episodes, so they have no chance but to drag her along. And then it's The Prodigal, where Michael will corner his Queen, so... More scenes with her then!
                          Spoiler:
                          So why let her back on the team...

Shep ripped into her in BT for not being able to decide if she's rejoining the team or not then he's picking and choosing what missions she can go on? Isn't that a bit of double standards there?

I can't get my hopes up of hopefully seeing more Teyla in scenes any longer just to be let down yet again....sorry

Indeed. There was nothing for her to add to the story, in this episode. Shep has told her to stay and watch over Atlantis before this, and back then I think Linda wasn't that unhappy about it. It shows what Sheppard thinks of Teyla.
                          I wasn't that unhappy about Lifeline because I understood why she was left in charge...Atlantis was lost in space and they needed a capable leader in charge but I really don't understand why she was left this time!

She should be getting more screentime in the next 3 episodes. [SPOILERS]Dunno about Remnants, sadly she's probably only going to have one scene, if any, in Brain Storm, right? And then there's Infection in which she'll be used again. She might be dragged along in Identity. And Vegas could be a Teyla low episode, but that could go for a few characters, and Enemy At The Gate, we don't have a clue.
                          Spoiler:
                          I won't hold out much hope for that

She won't be in brain storm, she'll be in infection but won't really do that much, she'll probably be pretty much in the background and hardly even there in Identity, she'll be a bit part player in Vegas, and who knows about enemy at the gate...

So the next few eps aren't looking promising at all for Teyla

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          Well shouldn';t it have been Shep that stayed on Atlantis seeing as it's Woolsey that left him in charge...So why would he the leader of Atlantis at the time put someone else in charge who isn't from the expedition when he knows the other leader isn't there....

Shep was in charge and he was the one who should have stayed in charge...Not go galavanting all over the galaxy when he's got plenty of military there he could have sent to do the job!

Sorry for the rather anti rant...Not in a very good mood at the mo...I'll go now
                          sigpic

Comment

She wasn't even pregnant in Lifeline...
                            Spoiler:
                            If they think it's best for her to dstay on Atlantis because she's a mother now then why send her out on missions at all....I mean every mission is dangerous so why pick and choose what missions to go on!
                            Spoiler:
                            it was Teyla's decision to rejoin the team, no one's forcing her to go off-world

Spoiler:
                            Well JM lied to us Teyla fans..He said we'd see alot more Teyla this season...Well I beg to differ...We saw alot more Teyla in S4 than we've seen so far in S5...I don't think that's the case..If it is then why not just tell us..They don't have to go into detail...Na I think JM likes messing with us too much for that
                            Spoiler:
                            to be fair though we've only seen 11 eps of s5 so Joe might be right. tbh I don't believe he was lying

Spoiler:
                            So why let her back on the team...
                            Spoiler:
                            she decided to rejoin the team

Spoiler:
                            Shep ripped into her in BT for not being able to decide if she's rejoining the team or not then he's picking and choosing what missions she can go on? Isn't that a bit of double standards there?

I can't get my hopes up of hopefully seeing more Teyla in scenes any longer just to be let down yet again....sorry
                            Spoiler:
                            no he's not. Shep trusts Teyla thus he left her in charge of the base. IIRC it's the first time after Adrift/Lifeline

Spoiler:
                            Well shouldn';t it have been Shep that stayed on Atlantis seeing as it's Woolsey that left him in charge...So why would he the leader of Atlantis at the time put someone else in charge who isn't from the expedition when he knows the other leader isn't there....

Shep was in charge and he was the one who should have stayed in charge...Not go galavanting all over the galaxy when he's got plenty of military there he could have sent to do the job!
                            Spoiler:
                            hm IDK. Shep was in charge so it was his decision. apparently he thought the Travelers would need his help. I know Woolsey told him about being in command etc before he left in FC but come on it's Shep, he doesn't care about that

Sorry for the rather anti rant...Not in a very good mood at the mo...I'll go now
                            that's ok
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              it was Teyla's decision to rejoin the team, no one's forcing her to go off-world
                              Spoiler:
                              Maybe not but they are forcing her to stay on Atlantis when it's clear she wants to go...You just have to look at the expression on her face, she looked pretty pised to me when Shep told her to stay!

Spoiler:
                              to be fair though we've only seen 11 eps of s5 so Joe might be right. tbh I don't believe he was lying
                              Spoiler:
                              na..I've been a Teyla fan far too long and been disappointed far too often to believe anything he says any more!

Spoiler:
                              she decided to rejoin the team
                              Spoiler:
                              Yeah she decided to rejoin the team but it was rather pointless in the end because they apparently don't even need her any more!

Spoiler:
                              hm IDK. Shep was in charge so it was his decision. apparently he thought the Travelers would need his help. I know Woolsey told him about being in command etc before he left in FC but come on it's Shep, he doesn't care about that
                              Spoiler:
                              Oh yes I forgot....They're not allowed to use any other military personnel...It's only Shep that's allowed to go into life and death situations to save the day and the whole galaxy while almost every other military person stays on Atlantis twiddling their thumbs....

YIKES...sarcasm doesn't suit me
                              sigpic

Comment

People its a sad day that I have to be the voice of reason. Their could be numerous reasons why Teyla's role has been reduced this season due to RL having schedule like S6-S8 O'Neill all the way to they have idea how to write and everything in between. This is why its always dangerous to watch for one character. Your bound to be displeased.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X