This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    leather? only Vala was in leather and she wasn't a soldier. So where's the problem? And she wore it only in 901, later she wore stanadard SG BDU
    her bdu's are not standard.

her t-shirt is sometimes low cut, her pants are hip huggers and cut in a 'boot leg' style (worn outside her boots, not tucked in as tehy shoudl be) and her jacket is noticibly closer cut and short waisted.

look at The Powers that Be for an example.

vala's bdu's are 'standard' only in color
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Teyla's wardrobe is one of the worst I've seen for female character. Whenever Teyla goes through the gate I have the feeling she goes clubbing looking for something . Amanda is 10 times more classy than Teyla. Cadman was gorgeous, Gant as well...why does Teyla have to dress like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I think the problem with Teyla is that her outfits are sexualized. If they had Shep in a tank top with his biceps all oiled up and his pants extra tight, it would be the same thing. *encourages justhere1971 to breathe* Technically, I suppose you could say Ronon's outfit is as bad as Teyla's. The double standard kicks in at this point. But even if all the guys were nekkid, you could still say Teyla is costumed to attract male attention.
        I am breathing really. *faints*

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
        Yes, the old double standard does kick in because Ronon's style of dress is even more sexualized than Teyla's, in that TPTB has never even attempted to to dress him in western-style military garb, yet no one has a problem with that. And, of course Teyla is dressed to attract male attention, so was Elizabeth, Sam, Vala, etc. Don't kid yourself that this is exclusive to Teyla.
        Really you think Ronon is dressed provocatively? I mean yes his arms are showing, but I am usually busy watching him shoot at something.

Elizabeth dressed to attract male attention? I always considered she dressed professionally & comfortably.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

her t-shirt is sometimes low cut, her pants are hip huggers and cut in a 'boot leg' style (worn outside her boots, not tucked in as tehy shoudl be) and her jacket is noticibly closer cut and short waisted.

Don't get me started on Vala. Her hair is the wildest thing, I want to give her a hairclip so she could fight better.
        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
          In Condemned, I don't remember her going on that mission with her belly exposed so what's your point?
          When they get captured by the prisoners they loose their gear, as well as their vests... Thus leaving them with only their T-shirts and pants, and shoes obviously. I think she's wearing her purple shirt in that episode, leaving a good deal of belly exposed to danger...and she kicks ass in that episode.

See, that's the top...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

yes, but we can call it "BDU". She's not a soldier so I think she doesn't have to follow AFI 36-2903
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
              Don't get me started on Vala. Her hair is the wildest thing, I want to give her a hairclip so she could fight better.
              With Vala things are different than with Teyla. Vala had a certain outfit before she joined SG1 and a different outfit after she joined. If we draw a comparison chart between Vala and Teyla we will see that Teyla leads at skimpiness by a mile. As long as Teyla is a part of Sheppard's team she should follow the rules, wear the uniform and cover herself. Vala's exposure has decreased dramatically, whereas, Teyla's has increased exponentially.

Teyla Warrior Princess:

Spoiler:

You are supposed to push them down...not push them up

Vala:

Spoiler:

Dressed like Sam and classy.
              Last edited by Integrabyte; 06 March 2008, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                With Vala things are different than with Teyla. Vala had a certain outfit before she joined SG1 and a different outfit after she joined. If we draw a comparison chart between Vala and Teyla we will see that Teyla leads at skimpiness by a mile. As long as Teyla is a part of Sheppard's team she should follow the rules, wear the uniform and cover herself. Vala's exposure has decreased dramatically, whereas, Teyla's has increased exponentially.
                Vala, if I remember correctly always wore an uniform going to missions, just like Teal'c. How many times has Teyla worn a proper uniform? I know Ronon doesn't.
                sig made by me

Comment

Teyla Warrion Princess:
                  Spoiler:
                  *faints*
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Vala, if I remember correctly always wore an uniform going to missions, just like Teal'c. How many times has Teyla worn a proper uniform? I know Ronon doesn't.
                    Yes, but you don't see Ronon with his mivonks outside, do you?

Comment

Yes, but you don't see Ronon with his mivonks outside, do you?
                      I am scared to ask what that is, but I think I can guess.
                      sig made by me

Comment

I am scared to ask what that is, but I think I can guess.
                        Farscape lingo, you are on the right track . Teyla had only one outfit worthy of a lady and that was in The Rising. She was dressed like target practice everytime she went through the gate. Later on this whole leather fetish made things worse.

Comment

I felt the need to give an Elizabeth example. This is considered provocative dressing?

Spoiler:
                          sig made by me

Comment

I felt the need to give an Elizabeth example. This is considered provocative dressing?

Spoiler:

No because she has her front side covered and not advertised like Teyla . In every school, institution, whatever, it is a part of the dress code: cover the belly button , skirt length, etc.

Comment

No because she has her front side covered and not advertised like Teyla . In every school, institution, it is a part of the dress code: cover the belly button .
                              Exactly. In battle please don't leave the area where your important innards resides bare.

The most "provocative" outfit I can think of on Elizabeth is the blue sleeveless shirt. Even that was worn on Atlantis, not even on a trade negotiation or something.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Teyla is in a standard military offworld uniform far more than Ronon (has he even been in one?). And I'm kinda torn on the whole thing - part of me thinks that team members should wear the same uniform and part of me thinks that by doing so the "alien" people (Teyla and Ronon) subtly lose something that makes them stand out, becoming more like the Earthers.

Along those same lines, I'm tired of Shep and McKay constantly introducing or talking about Earth pop culture to Teyla and Ronon - it's dull and it will eventually date the show. I'd rather see the reverse, where the PGers talk about their weird and wacky ways to the Earthers. Most of us already know (unfortunately?) about Will Ferrell's new movie, challenge us with something interesting and different!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Now here's where I show off my talent for remembering trivia. To the best of my knowledge they don't have a military advisor for the exact reason you mentioned. They wanted more leeway with clothes, etc. In fact, the USAF uniform they sometimes wear was approved only because the medals are in the wrong order. It's a representation of the uniform only. The hair is indeed a point of contention. I believe it was in S2 sometimes the USAF called JF and offered him a deal. If he agreed to cut Shep's hair, he could have a ride with the Thunderbirds. Joe agreed, but when TPTB got wind of it at the network level they said absolutely not. Joe got his ride anyway and told the story of how he threw up while pulling something like 9 G's at every convention. Hee. I think BB went along also. Luckily the Air Force loves this show in spite of the inconsistencies. Personally I think strict adherence to regs would be boring.
                                Oh, that's really funny! Shep's hair trumps military realism.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                leather? only Vala was in leather and she wasn't a soldier. So where's the problem? And she wore it only in 901, later she wore stanadard SG BDU
                                I was thinking of that ep (eps?) where they all went offworld and had to be in disguise...in tight fitting leather outfits of course. Maybe The Ties That Bind and whatever that ep was with Mitch (badly) playing a drug lord or something? It just came across as fan pandering, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X