This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Actually, the kirking doesn't bother me because after all, they're not Teyla. But the all girl team seems contrived and a really, really bad idea. Unless they are all highly trained Marines with black belts in some form of martial arts or at the very least, sniper training. And yes, I am one of those people who thinks women don't belong in combat. I have a son who is over 6' and 200 lbs. I would like to know that his team mates could carry him to safety if they needed to.

I don't see any reason for a whole female team, TBH (even though I do think women belong in combat). There's no way there's gonna be a whole female team in real life and the whole concept just feels way too much like an adolescent's dream to me.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      I don't see any reason for a whole female team, TBH (even though I do think women belong in combat). There's no way there's gonna be a whole female team in real life and the whole concept just feels way too much like an adolescent's dream to me.
      I think the bolded part sums things up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
        I think the bolded part sums things up nicely.
        It does, doesn't it?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          Let him have a romance with Whining baby on a Wraith hive... And let the queen come for a meal afterwards
          .: Bad Pajus, bad boy for hooking up Carson with whining baby! That's a no-no. I shall hear no more of it

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          .: Face it - there are more men than women in combat, I can see three girls and one guy but not all women. Adolescent dream? Yup. It also rings true to the "look we're not sexist!" silent exclamations.

.: I also doubt any of them will add to the international feel of Atlantis. I have bets on all Americans, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            I also doubt any of them will add to the international feel of Atlantis. I have bets on all Americans, too.
            I think so too. Well, maybe one will be Canadian. There was a thread recently advocating for a Brit to appear in Atlantis, and I'll repeat the comment I made there: I find it fairly unbelievable that the best and the brightest in the world in SGA are usually American. The ancient gene also seems to crop up in the States more often than anywhere else...I liked the more international feel of the first season. I'm sure Vancouver has some international actors living there, or who would stop by for a guest spot.

Comment

Hi Mariel, thanks for the green. I for one am not crazy about the idea of an all young 20-year old something team. Heck I'm 29yo and into woman, but when it comes to good TV, I rather have good action and drama rather than cleavage. I know this is a borderline post, but I think this episode with the all girl team will be Carson heavy. Also, did you get my comment on SCI FI?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Hi Mariel, thanks for the green. I for one am not crazy about the idea of an all young 20-year old something team. Heck I'm 29yo and into woman, but when it comes to good TV, I rather have good action and drama rather than cleavage. I know this is a borderline post, but I think this episode with the all girl team will be Carson heavy. Also, did you get my comment on SCI FI?
                I did get your comment, thanks, and made one back.

Heavy with Carson, and heavy with cleavage...can we hold the cleavage and just have Carson, please? And, well, if there's any heaving of said cleavage, I will be heaving into a bucket.

Comment

Heavy with Carson, and heavy with cleavage...can we hold the cleavage and just have Carson, please? And, well, if there's any heaving of said cleavage, I will be heaving into a bucket.
                  .: Yeah. I'm watching the episode for Carson. Not cleavage. Apparently they get mixed up a lot.

.: No cleavage ... The one exception is Rodney's Butt cleavage

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    You deserve a big ol' hug for that comment!!!

Comment

I did get your comment, thanks, and made one back.

Yes, I agree. No cleavage. It makes you wonder......why is it they show women's cleavage like crazy on TV? The camera is always zooming in on that area. I mean enough is enough. Gimmie some drama dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                        Yes, I agree. No cleavage. It makes you wonder......why is it they show women's cleavage like crazy on TV? The camera is always zooming in on that area. I mean enough is enough. Gimmie some drama dammit!
                        I always burst into giggling when someone says "Enough is enough"... Point well taken. I also prefer quality writing to cleavages

Comment

Face it - there are more men than women in combat, I can see three girls and one guy but not all women. Adolescent dream? Yup. It also rings true to the "look we're not sexist!" silent exclamations.
                          ]
                          That's the thing though, isn't it? The idea of an all-female team is jsu as sexist as not having any women in substential roles at all. Not sexist = integration, not seperation.

You know, had they had more women like Elizabeth in season 3 - i.e independent and calling her own shots and smart, not like she was in seasons 1-2 (i.e doing everything Sheppard wnats...) and in a central role, I wouldn't have minded even if there weren't any women going offworld on a regular basis. Seriously. If the story would have been less Sheppard's team and more Atlantis, giving more weight to the city itself, and in the city we would have seen strong, smart women, it's much better than having a woman going offworld with Sheppard but only as eye-candy, i.e Teyla.
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

.: Oh joy.

.: Jason has hinted about a Rodney/Keller/Ronon love triangle in season five.

.: I hope he's joking. I really hope to God that he is joking.

.:

Comment

.: Oh joy.

.: Jason has hinted about a Rodney/Keller/Ronon love triangle in season five.

.: I hope he's joking. I really hope to God that he is joking.

.:
                              Do you have a link? I don't think I'll be able to stomach that, since I dislike both ships.

Comment

I think he's joking... I really hope, he's joking. Space opera anyone...
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X