X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    I'd love to see Trinny and Susannah on Atlantis

"Oh My God, leather with that hair, that look went out with the Chippendales and Teyla, what are you thinking, tank tops and hipsters, only teenage girls wear those"

"Oh My God, You are wearing that??? Oh, no, no, no...One must accessorize even in the heat of battle."
    Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
    &=AWESOME &Forever
    No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      I'd love to see Trinny and Susannah on Atlantis

"Oh My God, leather with that hair, that look went out with the Chippendales and Teyla, what are you thinking, tank tops and hipsters, only teenage girls wear those"
      Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post

"Oh My God, You are wearing that??? Oh, no, no, no...One must accessorize even in the heat of battle."
      That would be so freaking funny! I can see it now! HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        I have no idea about Lost World and the cast in there. But is she the only female dressed in that way? No one is expecting Teyla to dress like Elizabeth or vice versa. The point is, why is her "female attributes" displayed prominently in many episodes? Look at the outfits she is wearing while pregnant. Look at how she is displayed.

If you don't think anything is wrong or different, then it's your decision. If we think there is something wrong/different that's ours. Just perspectives.
        She is on display. It's like they are serving her boobs on a platter and yelling, 'Hey look at these!" I'm sorry, I just don't want to see her boobs quite frankly. I don't understand why they changed her dress so radically in S4. At least in S1-3, Teyla's dress was a heck of a lot better than it is now. Teyla's clothing is way to tight. Heck, Rodney's clothing is way to tight for him. He looks stuffed and uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
          She is on display. It's like they are serving her boobs on a platter and yelling, 'Hey look at these!" I'm sorry, I just don't want to see her boobs quite frankly. I don't understand why they changed her dress so radically in S4. At least in S1-3, Teyla's dress was a heck of a lot better than it is now. Teyla's clothing is way to tight. Heck, Rodney's clothing is way to tight for him. He looks stuffed and uncomfortable.
          All of their clothes are way to tight ATM. Maybe they are trying to save on material?
          sig made by me

Comment

I have no idea about Lost World and the cast in there. But is she the only female dressed in that way? No one is expecting Teyla to dress like Elizabeth or vice versa. The point is, why is her "female attributes" displayed prominently in many episodes? Look at the outfits she is wearing while pregnant. Look at how she is displayed.

If you don't think anything is wrong or different, then it's your decision. If we think there is something wrong/different that's ours. Just perspectives.
            Yes, she was the only female dressed that way and it didn't matter to that fandom because we were more interested in how the character was written. And, yes, some do want to see Teyla dressed like Elizabeth - several of the posts in this thread (including your own) make that clear enough.

Where you saw something offensive, when you saw pregnant Teyla, I saw a beautiful woman and was pleased to see some effort made to dress her as a woman who was proud of her growing body, instead of covering her up in a burka.

I have no problem with different perspectives, provided they're based on accurate information. According to many who criticize Teyla's clothing, she wears that Season 1 promo outfit all the time and that's not the case.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

rodney does look very uncomfortable and a bit out of character in all that leather, its like they are trying to make him like rod from m&mrs miller, but i love geeky scientist mckay, very loveable the way he is!

as for teyla, did you see the top she was wearing in the kindred part 1?(actually there wasnt that much top to see)! poor teyla shes a smart classy gal she doesnt need low cut tops to get attention.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                Yes, she was the only female dressed that way and it didn't matter to that fandom because we were more interested in how the character was written. And, yes, some do want to see Teyla dressed like Elizabeth - several of the posts in this thread (including your own) make that clear enough.

Where you saw something offensive, when you saw pregnant Teyla, I saw a beautiful woman and was pleased to see some effort made to dress her as a woman who was proud of her growing body, instead of covering her up in a burka.

I have no problem with different perspectives, provided they're based on accurate information. According to many who criticize Teyla's clothing, she wears that Season 1 promo outfit all the time and that's not the case.
                hmm if covering a WARRIOR female's belly button = wearing a burka, you might want to research what a burka looks like in the first place. Covering her belly button, will also not make her dress like Elizabeth.
                sig made by me

Comment

I'm not keen on seeing this thread turn into Elizabeth vs. Teyla because it's not really on topic.

So here, I made this:

Comment

hmm if covering a WARRIOR female's belly button = wearing a burka, you might want to research what a burka looks like in the first place. Covering her belly button, will also not make her dress like Elizabeth.
                    Considering that I mentioned burka in this context (see my original post below)

your response makes no sense so I will end what I had previously thought was a reasonable discussion now. Goodbye.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      I'm not keen on seeing this thread turn into Elizabeth vs. Teyla because it's not really on topic.

So here, I made this:

awww but Woolsey looks very hopeful in that picture! Are they going back to these uniforms or are they slightly different?
                      sig made by me

Comment

All of their clothes are way to tight ATM. Maybe they are trying to save on material?
                        Good point. Maybe that's what they're doing. Hummm...so save money on material by using less of it, save money on wigs buy using pillow stuffing instead of hair. Save money on wraith makeup buy using something more greasy...

Comment

awww but Woolsey looks very hopeful in that picture! Are they going back to these uniforms or are they slightly different?
                          yes he does, doesn't he. Should we feel sorry for him, knowing that S5 will fail miserably?

Comment

Should we feel sorry for him, knowing that S5 will fail miserably?
                            What d'ya mean? It will be the best season evah!! It'll pwn season 4.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

yes he does, doesn't he. Should we feel sorry for him, knowing that S5 will fail miserably?
                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              What d'ya mean? It will be the best season evah!! It'll pwn season 4.
                              What FH said. It will be have strong storyline, continuity, character development, big bangs, new enemies, old friends, bondage, sex, drugs & rock-roll. It will trump all seasons. Just hold onto your seat.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Considering that I mentioned burka in this context (see my original post below)

your response makes no sense so I will end what I had previously thought was a reasonable discussion now. Goodbye.
                                You also seems to have failed to read my response carefully. Goodbye to you too.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X