Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the only real misgiving I have now is Carson. I just cannot see it working. Even if I buy how they do it (in season 4) having him back in season 5 is going to feel odd and unnecessary.

Comment

My main concerns are:

stupid and silly written episodes.

filler episodes (Atlantis will be on lockdown again )

no interesting and well written main story-arc which will connect episodes

current showrunners

clerk as a leader

cast changes

reset button

Teyla and her stupid people + her miraculous child... who cares???

Sheppard's kirking

Larrin

etc.
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        Well the only real misgiving I have now is Carson. I just cannot see it working. Even if I buy how they do it (in season 4) having him back in season 5 is going to feel odd and unnecessary.
        As much as i want to see Carson, I really dont see how his reintroduction is going to be done without it seeming like a farce.

Also how will they provide enough material for two doctors?

Like I said before how big is this cast going to get, and what charcters will suffer because of it?
        sigpic
        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

[FONT="Arial"][/I'm worried that Mckay will be continued to be undermined by the writers making him a figure of fun a la 'Trio'
          also the worst news I've heared about 5 is that Larrin is coming back ( according to Joe M's blog)
          I have rarely heared any fans say anything good about her so why dont the guys upstairs listen to us. Its just an embarrassing arc, give Sheppherd someone more mature to tangle with.FONT]
          and dont be afraid to explore the dark side of Sheppherd

Comment

Originally posted by Bride of Zelenka View Post
            [FONT="Arial"][/I'm worried that Mckay will be continued to be undermined by the writers making him a figure of fun a la 'Trio'
            also the worst news I've heared about 5 is that Larrin is coming back ( according to Joe M's blog)
            I have rarely heared any fans say anything good about her so why dont the guys upstairs listen to us. Its just an embarrassing arc, give Sheppherd someone more mature to tangle with.FONT]
            and dont be afraid to explore the dark side of Sheppherd
            I have asked on JM'S blog how many eps we will be subjected to Larrin in season 5, he didnt answer my question, sorry.

I would rather NO ship was made canon on the show, i dont think it adds anything. another full ep watching Shep be lead around by (insert dirty thought here) is not something I want to see again.

Unfortunatley the writters at present seem to favour the Romance and childish humour i find totaly unappealing.

Maybe though Larrins ship is blown up next season with her on it. although they may still bring her back....
            sigpic
            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
              I have asked on JM'S blog how many eps we will be subjected to Larrin in season 5, he didnt answer my question, sorry.

I would rather NO ship was made canon on the show, i dont think it adds anything. another full ep watching Shep be lead around by (insert dirty thought here) is not something I want to see again.

Unfortunatley the writters at present seem to favour the Romance and childish humour i find totaly unappealing.

Maybe though Larrins ship is blown up next season with her on it. although they may still bring her back....
              Sorry, but the thing with Shep and Larrin could hardly be called romance in my world.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                Sorry, but the thing with Shep and Larrin could hardly be called romance in my world.
                Arrh but this SGA, thats how romance is done nowadays
                sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by MatroxMeteor View Post
                  I too have a big problem with Woolsey running Atlantis. It looks wrong to me on many levels. For some odd reason I feel Atlantis should be lead by a woman, preferably civilan. Atlantis is a city of myth and legend and is visually beautiful, with lean and elegant structure - dare I say it is feminine. To me it *feels* right that a woman is in charge. Weir was IMHO an excellent choice, but Carter was quite alright too. Woolsey on the other hand... I'm sorry to say that, but he's not worthy of being in charge of Atlantis. It's so much bigger than he is.
                  Atlantis has a gender...lol. very cute pov.

I guess you could say the decor is very feminine...I just think it's kind of gawdy. The first year was okay but after four years with the same control room and hardly seeing the rest of the city...it's hard to say.

I just think we should have more "city sets" and have more places on the city that would be utilized.

We see the control room/gateroom. Occasionally the jumper bay. We see the infirmary and the deep dark hallway but nothing else. The rest of the city has been ignored and this city is supposed to be huge.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  My main concerns are:

stupid and silly written episodes.

filler episodes (Atlantis will be on lockdown again )

no interesting and well written main story-arc which will connect episodes

current showrunners

clerk as a leader

cast changes

reset button

Teyla and her stupid people + her miraculous child... who cares???

Sheppard's kirking

Larrin

etc.
                  i agree on what you have posted and just wanted to add to a few bolded ones.

reset button...ah, yes the holy and always butt saving reset button. How I hate that...*poof* it either never really happened or *Poof* we made the show darker.

Some day they hit that reset button and it will go *poof* the show was non-renewed.

Teyla...you're right...not many fans really do care about Teyla. The poor character has been wallpapered for SOOO long that now they gave a a little story arc...many of the viewers don't really care becuase they have no connections with the character.

Larrin...OMG I forgot about that horrible character. Can't stand her...she's just annoying to me. A bit of a pompous snob...like a mean cheerleader...she sits there and antagonizes sheppard who turns into Charlie Brown when he is around her. OMG..they are Charlie brown and lucy.

That's the only interesting aspect of this character. She is supposed to be a rogue rebel leader but that really comes across weak. She is also a plot device and only shows up to move the story in a certain direction. Makes no real contribution to the over all arc...which is lacking away ways and just seems to be a filler type character. kind of like writing the script and just knocking out a character to spout lines and have Sheppard google at.

I think the first season was better over all becuase that was the only season with a main arc..."we're stranded here and now we have to fend for ourselves." since then...it's all been fillers.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    Teyla...you're right...not many fans really do care about Teyla. The poor character has been wallpapered for SOOO long that now they gave a a little story arc...many of the viewers don't really care becuase they have no connections with the character.
                    Teyla had a great potential during S1 but after that she has became useless. And her people? they had been forgotten for almost two years and suddenly they're back with a silly story-arc. Why should we care about them?

I think the first season was better over all becuase that was the only season with a main arc..."we're stranded here and now we have to fend for ourselves." since then...it's all been fillers.
                    I agree, I loved S1. There was a great story-arc with a new amazing enemy. And now? Big emptiness with silly filler episodes
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

I have my concerns about the return of Carson too. I'm staying mostly spoiler-free atm so don't know much about how they plan to bring him back so I'll wait and see and hope that it's done well (Paul said at the P3 con that he thinks it's very interesting and very well done the way they've done it so fingers crossed)... my concern is that in general bringing back a character that's been previously killed off is kinda tacky and, by it's nature, kinda stretching the boundaries of suspension of disbelief (yeah, I know, we're talking about a show about wormhole travel and life-sucking aliens! ).

I like the character and I was sad when they killed him but I kind of fear that bringing him back will lesson the impact of his death and the method they use to bring him back will seem cheesy or silly.
                      sigpic

Comment

The topic is 'complaints and misgivings about season five' not 'what i don't like about gateworld'
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My main concern is the continuation of the Asuran storyline... sans Weir I hope hey can pull it off, and that they still leave it so that she is alive somehow. I don't see how they could, but I hope they can.

Comment

I'm glad we got this thread!

What concerns me about season 5, and what I don't want to see:

Keller becoming a reg.

No Weir

Beckett - is he back for a few episodes before they kill him off again?

Larrin - uck, no more!

Asurans/Replicators - this was just carrying over more baggage from SG1.

JM and gang are poking fun of Zelenka and I don't like it. How are they going to treat him in season 5?

Woolsey

More SG1ifying of SGA (bringing Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, Woolsey, Carter, Doc Lee, etc.) They aren't SGA characters and I'd rather see more of our own gang and less of the old SG1 guard.

I'm tired of the producers bringing in young babes, like Larrin, Keller, the new Vega chick. They are only there for boob appeal.

I don't want to see anymore episodes that feel they were written by college freshmen in Creative Writing I!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

They dropped in the line about the 'real' Weir being killed off-screen, and that was when Weir was supposed to be recurring. Now that Torri's not coming back, they're not going to have the motivation to leave any hope for her future return. I just wish they'd given some proper thought and consideration to how they were going to develop this Asuran arc- one ep hardly sounds like enough to justify all the possibilities the mere 30 secs at the end of BAMSR brought up. This could've been such a rewarding storyline, and it's a shame and a major waste that it's gone down the drain because they couldn't be bothered paying it enough attention.

I thought Weir was supposed to be 'developed' by what they did to her in FS/Adrift, instead, it's pretty obvious it was just a method to get rid of her in an interesting enough way they could justify it as an 'arc' when the objective was to ditch her all along. I can't find any other explanation for the way they've ignored all the cool plotlines made possible in LL/Mortal Coil/BAMSR. If Carson could get 5 eps after he was blown up [it *sounded* fatal at the time], how much more could they have done with Weir and the changes that happened to her [especially considering all the clones running around, lol] and the shifts in power in Pegasus?
                              'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                              will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                              It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                              Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Thank you for this thread guys!

So far since I've not seen S5 yet these are my concerns:

No Weir - I think the way it was handled was shoddy.

Woolsey in - Alright, so bring in the character that has been portrayed as a nay sayer to command Atlantis. Makes perfect sense. I wonder how much trouble he will have making any decision.

Carson - brought back to life. I think they are diminishing the impact of his death by doing so. I suppose I have to wait & see their explanation before completely making up my mind.

Keller - As a regular. I just can't understand this move. She brings nothing to the table for me. She's pretty to look at for some, but if Carson is back why the need for her to be a regular? What has she contributed? I want repli Keller back before the real one.

Asuran & Wratih - can we just go back to the wraith? Aren't they threat enough?

Larrin & Travellers - exactly what are they adding to the story? Other than Larrin fulfilling some misguided notion of hot female, and possible love interest for Shep, what has Atlantis/SGA gained from them? They have a ship. Whoop-dee-doo. Larrin likes to tie Shep up and beat him. Okay, moving on.

The clownification (not a word, I know) of the scientists.

I am sure I will find more.
                                Last edited by justhere1971; 14 February 2008, 05:37 AM. Reason: forgot to say thank you.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X