This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: Just one of those tidbits about the world that you always wish were never true. It's scary when you consider it especially with how many get out of jail easy these days. At least it's just better business for arms dealers.

Spoiler for OT.

Spoiler:
    I'm gonna avoid a gun debate here...just wanted to say that the gun dealers are actually GOING OUT of business due to a lack of interest in rifle sports (skeet, hunting and such) from every day citizens.

The criminals do NOT get guns from a legal gun dealer cause...most states have laws and a federal background check makes a person with a criminal record impossible to get a gun legally. The source is from OUTSIDE the legal venue of a gun dealer.

There is also an illegal gun trade...like a black market run by business men and drug cartels out of the country where dope and guns are smuggled into the US. The other source for illegal weapons is you and me. Our legally owned weapons can be stolen and end up in the wrong hands if they are not properly stored in a gun safe.

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    To be fair to the average criminal, that's the statistic for the ones that get caught, I'd bet the ones that don't get caught are smarter than those that do. Plus cops only shows the stupid ones cause they are more entertaining.
    I know there is a number of cases each year that don't go cold and don't get solved. But, with new forensics the smart ones need to get smarter.

Saw a cold case file where a doctor had drugged and raped a female pt. She knew she was raped but couldn't actually remember it. She went to the police who didn't believe her. Finally got someone to investigate after going to the hospital.

the doctor submitted blood work for DNA and the DNA didn't match with what was collected in the rape kit. But the girl knew he raped her.

She hired a PI who got a cigarettes butt from the doc's car and that DNA matched...but it wasn't legally collected.

Doctor thought he could beat it by submitting another blood test. The tech was just gonna swab his cheek but the doctor insisted on a blood test...that's odd. Who would want a needle if all they need is a Q-tip?

Found out the doctor had filled a rubber tube with another pt blood and surgically inserted it inside his arm. The real blood from the doctor matched the rape kit...he went to jail.

As smart as that doc is...he didn't outsmart the tech drawing the blood.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Oh no... you must have misunderstood... NOOOOOOOO!!!

Though I'm sure there are hurl-pairings in my banners... We don't all have the same taste (otherwise I wouldn't be so fic-deprived for one).

I wasn't even replying to that part of your post... My only problem with some banners is, the spoilers... All spoilers must be underneath tags, yet it doesn't somehow apply to banners.
      NO, no, we´re good! I didn´t misunderstood - I know you were not reffering to that part of my post! This is getting confusing..... But that´s exactly what I mean - the spoiler ones should be under tags!
      Your´s are pretty....

(I´m thinking of a banner of my own - an anti Keller one - it won´t be pretty, so maybe I should read the rules before doing it)

I was thinking about this all female team - I know they have (or at least had?) military advisors for the show - wonder what they had to say? "Look it´s scifi, you can do whatever you want" - cause I seriously doubt they would put together a team like this for real - mixed teams is the way to go!
      Spoiler:

Comment

I think I should do another manip... Stargate Barbie just screams for it!
        Oh pretty please!

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
          Oh pretty please!
          Yes, yes. I think anything that causes certain people who seem to have been born missing the sense of humor gene consternation should be manipped. What a sentence. Did that make sense? *goes for more coffee*

But the burning question is, does putting someone's head on a Barbie break the rules? *scratches head*
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            But the burning question is, does putting someone's head on a Barbie break the rules? *scratches head*
            .: I dunno - maybe only if its a nekkid barbie Though I suppose you can manip a regular barbie pic into the likeness of someone ... not really a stretch...

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Who says I need to manip someone onto a barbie-doll?

Need to find the image of Team barbie and hook them up with some superduper barbie-stuff, like a barbie-puddlejumper in all the right colors - PINK, pink outfit with flowers (have to fit in with the surroundings), pink P-90 (wouldn't be real barbie) and screw Matel's logo to fit SGA.

Shouldn't be too much of an issue.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Need to find the image of Team barbie and hook them up with some superduper barbie-stuff, like a barbie-puddlejumper in all the right colors - PINK, pink outfit with flowers (have to fit in with the surroundings), pink P-90 (wouldn't be real barbie) and screw Matel's logo to fit SGA.

And creativity wins out over thinking too much. I knew you could do it.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I have a very minor complaint. An irk, I guess you could say. How many episode titles are the same as films? I'm sure it's supposed to be clever, or a tip-of-the-hat. I guess there are a limited number of titles out there. But really...there's what, The Queen, First Contact, Ghost in the Machine (isn't that an anime program, that or Ghost in the Shell?), Miller's Crossing last year. Why so many? It's just kind of odd to me, I guess.

Do I win an award for the most insignificant complaint ever?

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                    I have a very minor complaint. An irk, I guess you could say. How many episode titles are the same as films? I'm sure it's supposed to be clever, or a tip-of-the-hat. I guess there are a limited number of titles out there. But really...there's what, The Queen, First Contact, Ghost in the Machine (isn't that an anime program, that or Ghost in the Shell?), Miller's Crossing last year. Why so many? It's just kind of odd to me, I guess.

Spoiler:
                    Nope because you did not mention Weir

****heee heee heee****

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Nope because you did not mention Weir

****heee heee heee****
                      Since I've complained many, many times about Weir, then by your definition of insignificant I still deserve the award. Though I respectfully disagree with your defintion.

Comment

Warning, spoilers for Season 5. JM wants to please the fans and will bring someone to make things better.

Spoiler:

Comment

Warning, spoilers for Season 5. JM wants to please the fans and will bring someone to make things better.

Spoiler:
                          LOL!!!
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:
                            OK - What's scary is given how bad things are getting I actually think this would work.

It certainly couldn't make things worse!

Comment

And a model Atlantis...complete with removabel roof and a light up pink stargate.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post

Actually, I was thinking the same thing not long ago. Every time I hear a title it's just sounds so cliché. Like the working title was used instead of a real title being developed. God knows I've gone through a number of titles for my stuff. I got to the point where I don't bother to name chapters anymore.

Doesn't seem to be much thought behind the title.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

.: Teehee, yep that would probably look better and easier! When I do a colour job I usually just do a colour layer and paint onto it then adjest brighteness/contrast on certain things ... might have to give this a shot.

.: Oh, don't forget Doctor Barbie too

Comment

Working...
                                X