This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    All-eating grumpy man has been quite childlike to begin with, so I really don't know what they mean
    Neither do I. Same old, same old...
    sigpic

Comment

As everyone knows, I'm also someone who speaks her mind. Usually with sarcasm but that's just my nature. If we don't float ideas and feelings, how will we know if we're the only one who thinks a certain way? A lot of times people are just afraid to be the first one to speak up. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've been greened by someone who agrees with me but won't say so on the forum. I understand the need to keep the actor talk to a minimum but sometimes you have to consider the whole package.

The interesting thing lately has been how so many unrelated groups seem to have the same concerns about S5. I was only a tiny bit negative about S4. Now I am rapidly losing interest in S5.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        All-eating grumpy man has been quite childlike to begin with, so I really don't know what they mean
        Maybe he's going to regress back to an embryonic state. O_o

Really, I'm picturing screaming temper tantrums and throwing food. Or a Rodney who has the intelligence of a child, so everyone else can hold his hand and help him, causing a Very Special Moment of development when he gets back to normal.

Not interested in either possibility, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

Really, I'm picturing screaming temper tantrums and throwing food. Or a Rodney who has the intelligence of a child, so everyone else can hold his hand and help him, causing a Very Special Moment of development when he gets back to normal.

I was going to say something about diapers but will restrain myself.

Didn't someone say this one will have character moments for all of them? I can see the scene in the writers' room very clearly.

Writer #1: So, guys, we've done a number of McKay centered episodes. Don't you think we'd better feature some of the other characters? You know how those internet fans like to complain?

Writer #2: Yeah, I guess we'd better. So why don't we do one where we get to see what all the other characters think of McKay?
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            I like to consider possibilities and ramifications, mostly just for fun.
            .: I do the same - when I consider possibilites, I too sometimes like to spin it in an amusing way. And though most of my spinning has some sort of truth in it, I'm doing it for fun. I know I'm blowing it out of proportion, and yes, it's just to have some humour. Even if it's at my own expense. We have tons of serious concerns to air here, but we also try and keep things amounst ourselves light-hearted and fun, and yes - I suppose that sometimes calls for Chicken-Little-esque humour. We can't be completely serious all the time, ya know.

.: Sorry if it has caused any quibbles in the past. I hate it when people fight on the "groupie" threads. (for lack of a better description)

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
            I wouldn't say you're all nutters, or that everyone perceives you to be that way. I've seen some valid concerns from you guys. Not everything mind you, but i've shared in some of your concerns. And the thing is there's good and bad on each side. Odd individuals who go to the extreme.
            .: I understand what you are saying. It may seems that some, (like me) have gone to the extreme - but generally, it is just to blow off steam to respond to something more comprehensible. I don't direct it towards anyone (it's usually tptb that feels my wrath. And they can't even feel it.) Sometimes it just gives me the clarity to voice my valid concerns. And sometimes I just need a punching bag

What is a real fan? Who is a real fan? Are you a real fan if you don't question anything? Are you a real fan if you question everything? Who decides? And why let them have that sort of power over you?
            .: Those are nice, hypothetical questions to ask. To me, a real fan wants whatever they are a fan of to excel and be better. To improve. A real fan to me at least has some questions, but they aren't just going to let everything slide on by without thinking or considering the results. Who decides? I don't know. No one does. They have to real power over you - or me. But then again, that's just me

For me though there's a difference between perception and fact. My concerns are based on perceptions. Nothing tangible, no evidence, just spideysense and I've voiced my concerns to anyone who'll listen...
            .: My concerns are also based on perceptions. I never considered it before, but I just got why people say things like "you don't know that" to me. It's that spidey-sense, intuition you have mentioned that my concerns are stemmed from. Yes, they are often provoked by the news of the day, but other than that all perception.

.: We don't all see the same thing. We see the world through our own worldview. Some of us have higher expectations that others. Well, then again, that is just how I see it.

Comment

Back to his roots as a one celled organism...

Really, I'm picturing screaming temper tantrums and throwing food.
              That would be totally Rodney as a child.

Or a Rodney who has the intelligence of a child, so everyone else can hold his hand and help him, causing a Very Special Moment of development when he gets back to normal.
              Didn't we already do that in Tao of Rodney?

And forgotten the moment the end credits roll across the screen.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There are extremes on all sides. I see fans that are very favorable towards the show that are disrespectful to others and downright rude. there's no one group that is perfect, but there's also no one group that is totally bad either.

My point is, police yourselves. if you see someone going off on a tangent that you know is breaking the rules, either say 'jane, don't talk like that' or, if you don't want to do that, just ignore his/her rants and let them be the only person that 'sinks to that level'
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

McKay acting childish will be different from usual how?

When I think of all the things they could have done with this character, the reality becomes depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    As everyone knows, I'm also someone who speaks her mind. Usually with sarcasm but that's just my nature. If we don't float ideas and feelings, how will we know if we're the only one who thinks a certain way? A lot of times people are just afraid to be the first one to speak up. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've been greened by someone who agrees with me but won't say so on the forum. I understand the need to keep the actor talk to a minimum but sometimes you have to consider the whole package.

The interesting thing lately has been how so many unrelated groups seem to have the same concerns about S5. I was only a tiny bit negative about S4. Now I am rapidly losing interest in S5.
                    Absolutely, people don't know what the reaction will be until you've tested the waters, and there may be some that are relieved that they have someone who thinks like they do, irrespective of what their feelings are.

I personally think it's a real shame when you can't voice your concerns or your hopes on an open forum. Maybe the more we merge the more confident people will feel? And won't feel the need to say 'I agree' without fearing the wrath from other posters? But I suppose at the end of the day it's being confident with your thoughts and feelings and not worrying about what someone else reaction might be?

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: I do the same - when I consider possibilites, I too sometimes like to spin it in an amusing way. And though most of my spinning has some sort of truth in it, I'm doing it for fun. I know I'm blowing it out of proportion, and yes, it's just to have some humour. Even if it's at my own expense. We have tons of serious concerns to air here, but we also try and keep things amounst ourselves light-hearted and fun, and yes - I suppose that sometimes calls for Chicken-Little-esque humour. We can't be completely serious all the time, ya know.

.: Sorry if it has caused any quibbles in the past. I hate it when people fight on the "groupie" threads. (for lack of a better description)

.: I understand what you are saying. It may seems that some, (like me) have gone to the extreme - but generally, it is just to blow off steam to respond to something more comprehensible. I don't direct it towards anyone (it's usually tptb that feels my wrath. And they can't even feel it.) Sometimes it just gives me the clarity to voice my valid concerns. And sometimes I just need a punching bag

.: Those are nice, hypothetical questions to ask. To me, a real fan wants whatever they are a fan of to excel and be better. To improve. A real fan to me at least has some questions, but they aren't just going to let everything slide on by without thinking or considering the results. Who decides? I don't know. No one does. They have to real power over you - or me. But then again, that's just me

.: My concerns are also based on perceptions. I never considered it before, but I just got why people say things like "you don't know that" to me. It's that spidey-sense, intuition you have mentioned that my concerns are stemmed from. Yes, they are often provoked by the news of the day, but other than that all perception.

.: We don't all see the same thing. We see the world through our own worldview. Some of us have higher expectations that others. Well, then again, that is just how I see it.
                    It's not up to me to say who's extreme, I think that's what Sky is saying about policing ourselves. I know i've had to delete a post or two because I come off being a bit nasty, and it's just heated emotions. We are all passionate about Stargate be it good or bad otherwise we wouldn't be here.

That's just the thing, when we're emotional it overrides our normal rational thinking, because we think with our heart. Everyone has off days, even I do. And sometimes I overreact or something gets on my nerves and it builds up inside until i've had enough, then i'll let rip and feel better. I do like to see a good balance between the good stuff and the not so good stuff and i'm glad that more 'anti's' are playing out on the threads these days.

Oh and hon if you need to vent I find this always helps.

Virtual clown punching bag.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    There are extremes on all sides. I see fans that are very favorable towards the show that are disrespectful to others and downright rude. there's no one group that is perfect, but there's also no one group that is totally bad either.

My point is, police yourselves. if you see someone going off on a tangent that you know is breaking the rules, either say 'jane, don't talk like that' or, if you don't want to do that, just ignore his/her rants and let them be the only person that 'sinks to that level'
                    Good advice.

Comment

I personally think it's a real shame when you can't voice your concerns or your hopes on an open forum. Maybe the more we merge the more confident people will feel?
                      Ha. The mods tried to do away with the pro/anti threads once already. This and the compliments thread are the result. Part of the problem is that some people are so overconfident about their own opinion (for or against) that they feel no compunction about attacking the other viewpoint for being "wrong." If folks are afraid to post their opinions it's because they know they're gonna get slammed for it and unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about that. You-the-individual can act like a calm and reasoned adult about it but that by no means guarantees that everyone else will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Ha. The mods tried to do away with the pro/anti threads once already. This and the compliments thread are the result. Part of the problem is that some people are so overconfident about their own opinion (for or against) that they feel no compunction about attacking the other viewpoint for being "wrong." If folks are afraid to post their opinions it's because they know they're gonna get slammed for it and unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about that. You-the-individual can act like a calm and reasoned adult about it but that by no means guarantees that everyone else will do the same.
                        very true, but attack again is in the eye of the beholder. I can have a go at you, and vice versa, I may see it as an attack you may not. Again it's perceptions, and people's feelings on a particular subject. We've all got our hot buttons, and so when people mention those hot topics our hackles rise. So we may be more sensitve about a particular subject.

I do have concerns and for me I've felt welcomed in this thread to voice them. So I thank you for that. It's a good start.

Comment

I am zen... And when I'm not I'm in Kate's office.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I am zen... And when I'm not I'm in Kate's office.
                            Wasn't Kate's office just a dressed up hallway?
                            sigpic

Comment

That's just the thing, when we're emotional it overrides our normal rational thinking, because we think with our heart. Everyone has off days, even I do. And sometimes I overreact or something gets on my nerves and it builds up inside until i've had enough, then i'll let rip and feel better. I do like to see a good balance between the good stuff and the not so good stuff and i'm glad that more 'anti's' are playing out on the threads these days.

Oh and hon if you need to vent I find this always helps.

Virtual clown punching bag.
                              .: Thanks Punching clowns is fun! Much more porductive and civil than punching other posters. Which is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                                Wasn't Kate's office just a dressed up hallway?
                                Yup, pretty much... Poor girl didn't even have a decent office.

Her quarters are quite cosy too...

Comment

Working...
                                X