This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i don't think we'd have the current PTB if the show was still on showtime. I think it'd be a whole new show. Because showtime - for all its faults - was notoriously hands off in the 'let us tell the show creators what to do' department
    would that be a good thing or bad thing with the current show runners??

EDIT: WOOT 800 posts
    sigpic

Comment

i don't think we'd have the current PTB if the show was still on showtime. I think it'd be a whole new show. Because showtime - for all its faults - was notoriously hands off in the 'let us tell the show creators what to do' department
      Speaking of which, anybody reading JM's blog lately. Looks like SciFi may be a bit more hands on for S5. He's having to rewrite a script after getting their notes. Hmm.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        And on the Sheyla situation. I'm a pessimist *shut up Anuna* so here's hoping I'm wrong and take what I say with that in mind. Sheyla was the original plan. TPTB think they have been giving us hints and little bits of it all along. Some viewers agree with them and are waiting for the big canon moment. The pregnancy/Kanaan bit is typical of how shows do ship. The original pair is torn apart by circumstances blah blah blah until they finally get together probably in the last season. They don't care whether it makes sense, is popular or makes the characters look ridiculous. TPTB thought the kiss in Conversion was hot and that she wanted more. They thought it was obvious in Sunday who the crush was. There are a number of things in S4 that point in that direction also. They are too unoriginal to do anything different. All the kirking, Larrin etc could just be diversions. Now I need to find my anti-nausea medication. I just made myself want to puke.

And John/Rodney will never be more than friendship. They must hook both of them up with women to ensure that in the viewers' minds.
        The kiss in Conversion was not what I would call a hot kiss. How could TPTB think that kiss was hot? I said this on another thread but that kiss was dominating, overpowering and tinging on assault. And for them to say she wanted more? Ohhh god, don't get me started. She had the look of someone who was terrified about what was happening, not someone that wanted more of it.

They've been playing with the John/Teyla thing for ever. I can see them explaining her relationship with Kanaan as a mistake. She sought comfort in his arms because Teyla saw that John will never see how much she loves him. So what does she do? She runs to the arms of another man, gets pregnant and then she has to deal with loving one man but carrying the baby of another. What is this? As Atlantis Turns? I hope they never get these two together but I have a bad feeling they will.

Comment

Okay, I can't believe TPTB actually think this will make a good story.

Spoilers for S5:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1213

Spoiler:
          Told from Elizabeth Weir’s point of view, we learn that a group of Replicators have begun experimenting with ascension. The lead scientist, Koracen, claims he has found a way to preserve their individual consciousnesses indefinitely as fields of energy. The process involves uploading themselves into subspace where they’ll be free to roam the galaxy, no longer requiring their physical bodies, which are destroyed when the nanite bonds holding them together are severed in the final stage of the process.

This research is based on the description of ascension provided to them by Elizabeth Weir. She is present during the first demonstration of Koracen’s process, witnessing first-hand the blue energy that bolts down upon her fellow Replicator, dissolving the subject’s body. Quite possibly, the Replicators have achieved ascension!

But all experiments such as this have their drawbacks, and this experiment produces a most unexpected result: Those in Atlantis are surprised to find that the ghost of Elizabeth Weir lives on — in a new body that looks just like FRAN (Friendly Replicator ANdroid from “Be All My Sins Remember’d”)!

LAME.

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
            The kiss in Conversion was not what I would call a hot kiss. How could TPTB think that kiss was hot? I said this on another thread but that kiss was dominating, overpowering and tinging on assault. And for them to say she wanted more? Ohhh god, don't get me started. She had the look of someone who was terrified about what was happening, not someone that wanted more of it.

They've been playing with the John/Teyla thing for ever. I can see them explaining her relationship with Kanaan as a mistake. She sought comfort in his arms because Teyla saw that John will never see how much she loves him. So what does she do? She runs to the arms of another man, gets pregnant and then she has to deal with loving one man but carrying the baby of another. What is this? As Atlantis Turns? I hope they never get these two together but I have a bad feeling they will.
            Pull up a bucket.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
              would that be a good thing or bad thing with the current show runners??

EDIT: WOOT 800 posts
              my point is....we have the current PTB because gekko left after it went to scifi. and, for many, from s7 on, as gekko's presence lessened and lessened until it ended with s8, the appeal of the show lessesned with gekko's involvement. it is, as if, gekko didn't 'play well' with scifi or vice versa

If the show was on showtime and not scifi, i have a feeling that gekko would still be involved and - possibly - we'd have a show that is more in line with how it was during seasons 1-6...when there was less of a blatant 'the show sucks' and more of a 'i hate this aspect' fandom

As to Joe's 'issues'....i'd be interested to see his 'final' - read what he turned in - draft vs what we end up seeing. Only then can we have an idea if the notes 'destroyed' or 'saved' that particular episode
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The kiss in Conversion was not what I would call a hot kiss. How could TPTB think that kiss was hot? I said this on another thread but that kiss was dominating, overpowering and tinging on assault.
                They also thought that Lucius was hilarious and that his using a drug to get women to have sex with him was funny; why shouldn't they think the Conversion kiss was hot?

Gotta say, Red does make a good argument for the Sheyla thing. On the one hand I loathe the idea of Sheyla, but if we're talking lesser evils, I'll take Sheyla over... what? Lepperd? Sharrin?

Ideally, of course, there'd be neither, but my idealized Atlantis died a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post

Spoilers for S5:

Spoiler:
                  Told from Elizabeth Weir’s point of view, we learn that a group of Replicators have begun experimenting with ascension. The lead scientist, Koracen, claims he has found a way to preserve their individual consciousnesses indefinitely as fields of energy. The process involves uploading themselves into subspace where they’ll be free to roam the galaxy, no longer requiring their physical bodies, which are destroyed when the nanite bonds holding them together are severed in the final stage of the process.

This research is based on the description of ascension provided to them by Elizabeth Weir. She is present during the first demonstration of Koracen’s process, witnessing first-hand the blue energy that bolts down upon her fellow Replicator, dissolving the subject’s body. Quite possibly, the Replicators have achieved ascension!

But all experiments such as this have their drawbacks, and this experiment produces a most unexpected result: Those in Atlantis are surprised to find that the ghost of Elizabeth Weir lives on — in a new body that looks just like FRAN (Friendly Replicator ANdroid from “Be All My Sins Remember’d”)!

LAME.
                  Yeah....Lame.....that is so....very....lame!

Comment

Pull up a bucket.
                    yep.....I'll be needing it. That smilie says it all....LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Gotta say, Red does make a good argument for the Sheyla thing. On the one hand I loathe the idea of Sheyla, but if we're talking lesser evils, I'll take Sheyla over... what? Lepperd? Sharrin?
                      LOL. Personally, I can't imagine a ship that Sheyla would be the lesser evil of. Sorry, Sheyla shippers, but there it is. I really really don't like that ship.

I'm reminded of Southern Red's ABT (anyone but Teyla) rule. I'm more ABEO (anyone but each other) myself, but the same principle applies.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for S5:

Spoiler:

LAME.
                        well, you knew they had to cover the recast somehow.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

They also thought that Lucius was hilarious and that his using a drug to get women to have sex with him was funny; why shouldn't they think the Conversion kiss was hot?

Ideally, of course, there'd be neither, but my idealized Atlantis died a couple of years ago.
                          OMG! Now you've done it. I can never show my face in the Sparky thread again.

And no, I'd take Sheparrin, Larrishep or Shep/wraith queen over Sheyla. *more puking* Time for bed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Exactly!!!! That is so right! Very good point. Of course they would think that kiss was sexy when especially they thought Lucius using a rape drug was a good story....Ugh. I suppose that Sheyla is lesser of the evils especially if they stuck us with Sharrin. EkkkkK! I wish they wouldn't ship at all. How about a play on an old saying.....If you can't ship properly, then don't ship at all!!!

Comment

Speaking of which, anybody reading JM's blog lately. Looks like SciFi may be a bit more hands on for S5. He's having to rewrite a script after getting their notes. Hmm.
                              Just means that TPTB will be able to blame yet another group if something goes wrong or an ep is met with lukewarm to poor reception. That's what they did with Vala's pregnancy, anyway.

Spoilers for S5:

Spoiler:

LAME.
                              Heh, what a joke.
                              Spoiler:
                              Why are they so pressed to continue the ascending replicator storyline specifically with Weir? Why does Fran have to contain the ghost of Weir? Why not have it be...just Fran? (Not that I understand the fawning over Fran anyway, but whatever.) Most of the Weir fans I've posted with are more than happy to see Weir and Torri move on and aren't moping around, hoping for even the faintest glimmer of Weir in s5. And TPTB don't care about Weir either. So who are they trying to pander to by using Weir's ghost?

Comment

well, you knew they had to cover the recast somehow.
                                LOL so instead of rewriting the story properly they just plop in a lame excuse and continue on unhampered. Why am i not surprised.

Did they realise that people didnt care about the replicator story it was the Elizabeth story that was what people were anticipating. They should have just put the story on hold and come up with another story idea involving Fran.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X