Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratings are not, and never will be, a good indicator of quality. Otherwise why would all these horrible reality shows get the ratings they do? For that matter, why would CSI: Miami? Apologies to CSI: Miami fans.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
      Are you serious? How on earth is it maintaining similar ratings to season 3? [Rhetorical question, I don't expect you to have the answer to that, lol]

It was a GREAT season. It had character development, friendship growth, cool plots, subtlety, ship for those who cared to see it...That was my favorite season, if I block out Sunday and First Strike in my head, and it's so hard for me to imagine it had similar ratings to season 4. Wow. I mean, to me, 80% of season 3 was worth watching. And 80% of season 4 is just...NOT. And season 5 is shaping up to steal my sanity and my reason and just leave me a gibbering, incoherent, psychotic mess. *shudders*

Got the info from this gateworld article: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...atings_w.shtml

Quoted from it:

Season Four of Atlantis still managed to keep up with Season Three's viewer numbers.
      I didn't watch season 3 after sunday and I despised those episodes with that creepy guy... Don't get me wrong, I loved season 2 and season 1.
      Originally posted by Killdeer
      Ratings are not, and never will be, a good indicator of quality. Otherwise why would all these horrible reality shows get the ratings they do? For that matter, why would CSI: Miami?
      Erm that is irrelevant to my post. I never said ratings are an indictor of quality.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
        Erm that is irrelevant to my post. I never said ratings are an indictor of quality.
        I didn't say you did. I was replying to borgprincess's post, not yours.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          I didn't say you did. I was replying to borgprincess's post, not yours.
          Ohhh sorry, my mistake. You make a good point.
          sigpic

Comment

Anyone read the spoilers for Tracker yet? If not and you dont like Keller I wouldn't read it I just did and im feeling kinda p###ed off right now. She is singlehandedly ruining SGA imo.

Spoiler:
            wheres the team? no team in 'tracker' boo hoo to make way for whining baby having more screen time. heaven forbid 'the team' cuts into any of her precious time ggrrrrr
            sigpic

Comment

...I'm just saying as long as ratings don’t plummet the poor quality of the scripts we all keep ranting about in this thread will continue and probably worsen. There's no pressure for TPTB to improve.
              Spot on!

For that matter, why would CSI: Miami? Apologies to CSI: Miami fans.
              Apology accepted. I hear it's the kind of show you either like or hate. I like it.

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
              Anyone read the spoilers for Tracker yet? If not and you dont like Keller I wouldn't read it I just did and im feeling kinda p###ed off right now. She is singlehandedly ruining SGA imo.
              It reads and sounds like Runner rewritten.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                Anyone read the spoilers for Tracker yet?
                I did. I've been surprisingly neutral on S5 to this point. I wasn't excited, but neither was I upset about it. But this episode description has me pretty depressed. I don't understand what's going on here. Why are they still breaking up the team? They don't have any excuses this year - I just don't get it.
                - Life after Stargate -
                sigpic

Comment

I did. I've been surprisingly neutral on S5 to this point. I wasn't excited, but neither was I upset about it. But this episode description has me pretty depressed. I don't understand what's going on here. Why are they still breaking up the team? They don't have any excuses this year - I just don't get it.
                  Keep the team together! There are no excuses like last year. It's not like the team doesn't gel or work well together I don't get it either! I'm very depressed about this ep aswell I think it would have been really good if it was a team ep.

sigpic

Comment

None of the spoilers I've read so far, with the possible exception of
                    Spoiler:
                    the courtroom scene
                    have made me look forward to next season with anticipation.

Comment

There's no pressure for TPTB to improve.
                      .: Well, somebody pressure them! We need a bigger rally outside of Bridge. Or the SciFi exec building. Or Mallozzi's ranch. Whatever works.

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                      It was a GREAT season. It had character development, friendship growth, cool plots, subtlety, ship for those who cared to see it...That was my favorite season, if I block out Sunday and First Strike in my head, and it's so hard for me to imagine it had similar ratings to season 4.
                      .: ITA. Rape issue aside, the Lucius episodes were actually decent and held my attention through the whole thing compared to season four. I can name more good things about the Lucius episodes (not Lucius and his drug, mindyou) than season four. Puts it into proportion.

.: Sunday was well acted but other than that I give it a thumbs down. Same with First Strike. I do think the S3 was higher though. Something makes me think that.

Ratings are not, and never will be, a good indicator of quality. Otherwise why would all these horrible reality shows get the ratings they do? For that matter, why would CSI: Miami? Apologies to CSI: Miami fans.
                      .: Good point, and the whole "random surveying" thing has always gotten under my skin. 'The ratings say it, so it must be true' - uh, no.

.: Like, who in the right of their minds actually watches Survivor! sorry fans

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        the courtroom scene

I cannot recall anything that I have read that makes me want to watch much either tis a shame.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          the courtroom scene

.: Oh, what's that? Is Pajus finally getting his wish for that Sheppard court Martial?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: Oh, what's that? Is Pajus finally getting his wish for that Sheppard court Martial?
                            We don't know yet. That's a common speculation, but it's nothing than that. All that's been mentioned is
                            Spoiler:
                            a courtroom scene.
                            It could be anything.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

Re spoilers for Tracker, NOT happy, not happy at all.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                                Re spoilers for Tracker, NOT happy, not happy at all.
                                .: Ditto. Upon reading the summary I thought "Carson would be so much better in that role."

Comment

Working...
                                X