Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the more I hear about season 5 the less I want to watch it. It's a sad day

Keller sucks
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
      Well the more I hear about season 5 the less I want to watch it. It's a sad day
      And the closer we get, the worse it becomes... I imagine.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

On the plus side I finally understand what people are talking about when they say Car Crash television!

Seriously I have no intention of watching the new season, I mean I LOVE Beckett and I probably will make an effort to watch a couple of his episodes, however season 4 was so poor, pedantic and predictable that I just feel no need to watch the show even if he is there.

I will however keep reading this stuff because, every time you think they've managed to hit rock bottom they manage to come up with even more ways to destroy the show. That's addictive, the show no longer is.

Comment

The only thing I can think of that I am looking forward to is seeing Beckett back, but they have even managed to ruin that by putting him off world with an the all female team.

Everything else that I have heard has made me cringe or feel sick or roll my eyes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
            I will however keep reading this stuff because, every time you think they've managed to hit rock bottom they manage to come up with even more ways to destroy the show. That's addictive, the show no longer is.
            Rock bottom is still a far way off... I'm pretty sure TPTB have yet to meet the bottom of the bottom-less pit of doom.

Comment

The producers are very talented individuals. I think they will be fully capable of driving this thing much, much further into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                The producers are very talented individuals. I think they will be fully capable of driving this thing much, much further into the ground.
                Until they reach China...

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
                  .: Same here - I'm going to watch Carson's episodes and they better be 'his' episodes - I don't mean no 5 seconds at the end.

.: But I'll still stay here. Reminince on good times. And you guys are just too much damn fun

Comment

I am seriously weak and will most likely watch the entire season 5... Damn TPTB for keeping Teyla around... *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                      Perhaps TPTB have Mining Engineering bachelors of science degrees. Which would be a B.S. degree.

Comment

I for one will not watch S5. To be honest, one of the reasons this rubbish continues to air is because, as pointed out by one of the latest GW articles, the the number of viewers recorded still holds steady. If I have come to despise a show, I don't watch it, but that's just me...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                          I for one will not watch S5. To be honest, one of the reasons this rubbish continues to air is because, as pointed out by one of the latest GW articles, the the number of viewers recorded still holds steady. If I have come to despise a show, I don't watch it, but that's just me...
                          If I would count in the ratings I'd probably download, like a flippin' finger to TPTB. But I don't... so, I can do whatever I like with this show. I only start counting when I buy merchandise or the DVD's.

Comment

LOL...holding "steady" and holding "good ratings" are 2 different things. The show averages 2 million viewers--read here on gate world.

Discovery's Deadliest Catch brings in 3 million viewers per first-run episode--wikipedia.

Both have had equal number of season's. SGA has also had the benefit of SG-1 and the Stargate Franchise...and a bank roll to boot. Deadliest Catch doesn't have any of that and brings in more viewers. Go figure!

Flash Gordon also has steady numbers...just lower.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I never said the ratings are good, but the GW article presents it as so because overall it's similar to that of season 3. I think for a channel catering for a selective audience over 1 mil per episode is not bad
                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              If I would count in the ratings I'd probably download, like a flippin' finger to TPTB. But I don't... so, I can do whatever I like with this show.
                              I never said you couldn't, I'm just saying as long as ratings don’t plummet the poor quality of the scripts we all keep ranting about in this thread will continue and probably worsen. There's no pressure for TPTB to improve.
                              sigpic

Comment

I never said the ratings are good, but the GW article presents it as so because overall it's similar to that of season 3.
                                Are you serious? How on earth is it maintaining similar ratings to season 3? [Rhetorical question, I don't expect you to have the answer to that, lol]

It was a GREAT season. It had character development, friendship growth, cool plots, subtlety, ship for those who cared to see it...That was my favorite season, if I block out Sunday and First Strike in my head, and it's so hard for me to imagine it had similar ratings to season 4. Wow. I mean, to me, 80% of season 3 was worth watching. And 80% of season 4 is just...NOT. And season 5 is shaping up to steal my sanity and my reason and just leave me a gibbering, incoherent, psychotic mess. *shudders*

'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                                will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                                It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                                Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Working...
                                X