This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
    Why didn't they put Caldwell in charge? Was it the actor's availability, etc. or did they never give a good reason?
    Ask TPTB themselves @ JM's blog... maybe they can tell you.

IMHO, I think they have no idea either.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      No doubt there will be more woosely than anything else. SGA will be the woosely/mckay hour.
      Don't forget about the ALL FEMALE TEAM OMG!

Why didn't they put Caldwell in charge? Was it the actor's availability, etc. or did they never give a good reason?
      I have no idea, and it really baffles me because Caldwell is by far the better fit than Woolsey. Either TPTB weren't interested in him, Mitch Pileggi wasn't interested in them, or Pileggi was committed to another project.

But yes, as FH said it's not a bad idea to ask Joe M. The worst thing he could do is not answer. Or insult you and not answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        Caldwell was qualified and there was plenty of room for spats with him.
        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Ask TPTB themselves @ JM's blog... maybe they can tell you.
        .: Of course, he's known for being "misquoted" so I usually don't take what he says at face value

.: You should comment on how tasty the food looks first ... He seems to answer most of the food-related questions.

Comment

Popped in here for a bit...hoping I don't get moderated as I don't have an actual complaint or misgiving as of yet, but merely a question.

Probably because Picardo has more star power with the Sci Fi audience? I don't know. I get the impression that he is pretty famous from being on one of the Star Treks.

Comment

One of my biggest problems with Woolsey is the extreme likelihood that TPTB will have to take all this time to develop him from a whiner and/or IOA stooge to a more capable leader that respects and is respected. Which completely contradicts their earlier statements that the leader of Atlantis should be more like Hammond, i.e. pretty light on screentime and development.

Or maybe those statements just apply to female leaders of Atlantis.

If TPTB were really interested in having a leader that was more like Hammond, they should have brought on someone with actual leadership experience. Then there's no need to waste all that time proving that he/she is qualified. And a qualified leader wouldn't contradict their new mantra of "OMG CONFLICT!!" either. Caldwell was qualified and there was plenty of room for spats with him.
            Ironically enough, my main concern is that he'll turn heroic and Hammond-esque overnight and completely contradict his character so far...
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: Welcome to the bubble of negativity

.: I didn't see the end of S4, but it doesn't sound like Wooley Boy's changed since The Return episodes, has he?
              Watch The Last Man, imagine Whining baby instead of We come in peace, shoot to kill and then we'll have a little physics lesson.

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
              Probably because Picardo has more star power with the Sci Fi audience? I don't know. I get the impression that he is pretty famous from being on one of the Star Treks.
              Like that would help this piece of crap

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                Ironically enough, my main concern is that he'll turn heroic and Hammond-esque overnight and completely contradict his character so far...
                .: Yeah, me too - we'll have hewo Woolsey before we know it - benevolent and brave. Then, when the situation suits them, they will again, he will wake up on the wrong side of the bed (or the right one?) and be his cowardly self again.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                Watch The Last Man, imagine Whining baby instead of We come in peace, shoot to kill and then we'll have a little physics lesson.
                .: Yes, yes, I still need to watch that

Comment

Don't forget about the ALL FEMALE TEAM OMG!
                  Wanna bet that no one on this team is over 29, and they'll have those front zippers waaayyy down.

I want to see Beckett, otherwise I'd just skip this eppy.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                    Wanna bet that no one on this team is over 29, and they'll have those front zippers waaayyy down.

You mean I'm gonna have to put up with that in an episode with a rare Beckett appearance. *Bleh**insert that puking smilie*
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Then they will claim that the female team was a complete success and a hit with the viewers. (Who are actually watching in spite of it)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

.: I'm with you there - I'd say they will all be wearing those new, body-hugging, bust-emphasised uniforms that makes you wonder just exactly how they can breathe in them. (I'd like to opt for Lorne, Shep, and Rodney with zippers down low, but I know I won't get it so I won't even bother)

.: I'm just watching this eppie for Carson too. I pay no attention to the hot new recruits. How dare somebody look at them when Carson is in the frame.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        You mean I'm gonna have to put up with that in an episode with a rare Beckett appearance. *Bleh**insert that puking smilie*
                        .: Bleh. I'm worried about the kirking ... indeed Shep will kirk, but they can't do that to Carson. He's not like Shep and he's too innocent for brief hook-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                          Here ya go. Do you like this one? Or maybe this is more to your liking?

.: I'm with you there - I'd say they will all be wearing those new, body-hugging, bust-emphasised uniforms that makes you wonder just exactly how they can breathe in them. (I'd like to opt for Lorne, Shep, and Rodney with zippers down low, but I know I won't get it so I won't even bother)

.: I'm just watching this eppie for Carson too. I pay no attention to the hot new recruits. How dare somebody look at them when Carson is in the frame.

.: Bleh. I'm worried about the kirking ... indeed Shep will kirk, but they can't do that to Carson. He's not like Shep and he's too innocent for brief hook-ups.
                          Someone asked JM a question on his blog about Shep and the new girl, Vega. He said there would be no romance between them. So one down, 3 to go.

Actually, the kirking doesn't bother me because after all, they're not Teyla. But the all girl team seems contrived and a really, really bad idea. Unless they are all highly trained Marines with black belts in some form of martial arts or at the very least, sniper training. And yes, I am one of those people who thinks women don't belong in combat. I have a son who is over 6' and 200 lbs. I would like to know that his team mates could carry him to safety if they needed to.

And Carson will have a sweet moment with one of them who will later die painfully. *remembers Poisoning the Well*
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                            Then they will claim that the female team was a complete success and a hit with the viewers. (Who are actually watching in spite of it)
                            .: Yup. Like season 4. Like Keller. Like Carter.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Someone asked JM a question on his blog about Shep and the new girl, Vega. He said there would be no romance between them. So one down, 3 to go.
                            .: I wouldn't take anything that man says at face value. He keeps revising his statements - look at season four. First he said "there will be no romance in season four." Then it became "there will be no romance in season four except Rodney and Katie" which was kinda expected. Then after Ronon/Keller and Rodnay/Keller were teased at - "there is still no romance in season four"

And Carson will have a sweet moment with one of them who will later die painfully. *remembers Poisoning the Well*
                            .: Aww. She'll probably also be the only decent one.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Let him have a romance with Whining baby on a Wraith hive... And let the queen come for a meal afterwards

Comment

.: Yup. Like season 4. Like Keller. Like Carter.

.: I wouldn't take anything that man says at face value. He keeps revising his statements - look at season four. First he said "there will be no romance in season four." Then it became "there will be no romance in season four except Rodney and Katie" which was kinda expected. Then after Ronon/Keller and Rodnay/Keller were teased at - "there is still no romance in season four"

.: Aww. She'll probably also be the only decent one.
                                I think JM defines romance a little differently than most of us. He once said there was a flirtation between Shep and Larrin but not a romance. He seems to be thinking about romance as just feelings, whereas most of us tend to lump the flirting, kirking etc all together under the general term of romance. Once again semantics. Which he prides himself on being so good at. IMHO, it's just annoying.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X