X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I like Larrin too and nobody pays attention to me either. *cries*

I took a look at the blog. FP, your post made it and evidently you are a 4 year old having a tantrum. So I guess your opinion doesn't count either. Can we start a club?
    Aw, he only posted that so his loyal butt-kissers could prove him right about how wunnerful Crybaby Keller is.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      Aw, he only posted that so his loyal butt-kissers could prove him right about how wunnerful Crybaby Keller is.
      Well, he has to give them something to do all day...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I visited the blog of doom earlier today cause I was going to post some April Fools' stuff there, but upon reading some comments, I got depressed and decided not to.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
          I visited the blog of doom earlier today cause I was going to post some April Fools' stuff there, but upon reading some comments, I got depressed and decided not to.
          Aw!! *pats Mcbarr*

Comment

.: I either ignore the ones I don't agree with or laugh in my head about just how wrong they are. The ones that bow down and worship him like a Greek God are some of the most disturbing ones

.: I would green you FP, but it says I must spread the love around or I think I already greened ya today

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              Indeed.

I was thinking earlier that nothing anyone could go on there and post as a joke could even come close to sounding as ridiculous as some of the actual comments. But they are entitled to their opinion of course. I'm sure they are most sincere.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Go give Carson and Radek some LOVE!

.: Lizzie seems to be doing fine at the moment, but subtract from anybody that may outranks her...

.: Show your love for most abused characters!

Comment

Went to a signing by Jim Butcher tonight. He had a lot of interesting things to say regarding fan feedback, particularly that he'd be a fool NOT to listen to his audience since they are his LIFEBLOOD and without them he couldn't pay his bills.

Granted, books are a completely different ballgame from TV shows, but still... as he said, "I know a lot of authors like to say they write for themselves, but I write for my audience." *huggles Jim* It's a shame TPTB don't take the broader view. And no, I'm not suggesting they listen to every little thing every fan says, but just to LISTEN to them means a lot, IMO, especially when a diverse group of people start clamoring for the same things.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    See, if she does, then we automatically think ... "Hey, Rachel slipped up."
                    And we automatically think "hey we know the character better than they do"

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Went to a signing by Jim Butcher tonight. He had a lot of interesting things to say regarding fan feedback, particularly that he'd be a fool NOT to listen to his audience since they are his LIFEBLOOD and without them he couldn't pay his bills.

Granted, books are a completely different ballgame from TV shows, but still... as he said, "I know a lot of authors like to say they write for themselves, but I write for my audience." *huggles Jim* It's a shame TPTB don't take the broader view. And no, I'm not suggesting they listen to every little thing every fan says, but just to LISTEN to them means a lot, IMO, especially when a diverse group of people start clamoring for the same things.
                    You're on the right track there. I don't want them to do everything that I want (else what would the point of watching?), but I'd at least like to think that they cared what the general viewing public thought, and gave the impression that they had a plan (PR goes a long way)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      ...they cared what the general viewing public thought...
                      In that case they have to be made aware there is in fact a general viewing public. TPTB think that only males between 18 & ... watch their show.

Comment

.: Go tell that to our dearly beloved Mallozzi

.: So Shadow, not killing innocent bunnies anymore? Why the change of heart?

In that case they have to be made aware there is in fact a general viewing public. TPTB think that only males between 18 & ... watch their show.
                        .: [insert gender-specific expletive here] That's for certain members of tptb and skiffy, not general peeps, yo.

Comment

Amen to that!

Tried to green ya, but I can't. Dang!
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                            .: So Shadow, not killing innocent bunnies anymore? Why the change of heart?
                            It was April Fool's Day. I do what I can to scare people.

Anyway, FH.... TPTB know there's an audience, they just don't give a damn who they are or what they think. It's all about NUMBERS, not people, and as long as they have enough NUMBERS that's all that matters to them. And if they don't have enough numbers they have a whole laundry list of excuses to make themselves seem innocent and wonderful, including the claim that the numbers are still good, but the system is flawed. LOL!

Comment

Anyway, FH.... TPTB know there's an audience, they just don't give a damn who they are or what they think. It's all about NUMBERS, not people, and as long as they have enough NUMBERS that's all that matters to them. And if they don't have enough numbers they have a whole laundry list of excuses to make themselves seem innocent and wonderful, including the claim that the numbers are still good, but the system is flawed. LOL!
                              Ah... true... what was I thinking...

Comment

What are we to do? I'm a het 18+ male (supposedly their target demo) and yet I have been put off by all of the changes (not just cast - focus on CGI, lack of cohesive storylines, lack of an obvious plan, reliance on deus ex machina ie Rodney, the idea that killing a character then bringing them back (or not) is dramatic, continually making characters OOC.......). My point is that even the target demo is rather fluid in their tastes

It was April Fool's Day. I do what I can to scare people.

You'd wonder whether they do want the numbers though - they keep saying that they're writing for themselves and are happy with things as they are. Sounds to me like there is no hope for any change, unless there is a dramatic shift in numbers.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X