This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    An afterthought in a new post to avoid the character limit.

What a number of people in these forums find odd.

Spoiler:
    1: When Teyla's first on the hive ship.

(Just then most of the lights on the Bridge go out and a spotlight illuminates the central console where Teyla has just put her hands onto the controls. The boys turn and stare at her as she looks up in surprise.)

McKAY: How did you do that?

TEYLA (nervously): I don't know. My abilities appear to be stronger than before.

McKAY: She's not kidding! (He looks at the wallscreen ahead of them as Wraith writing spools down it.) According to this, navigation, propulsion and communications are online.

SHEPPARD: Teyla?

TEYLA: I cannot explain it. The moment I connected with the ship, everything became available to me. I can feel the various systems at my disposal.

It turns out she can even fly it effortlessly as well.

2: Teyla is able to take over the mind of a Wraith Queen with the help of a three month old fetus.

What do Sheppard, Rodney, Dex, Lorne and Carter (who would have had the mission reports to read) suspect? Nothing. All that Sheppard wants to know is if Teyla and baby are OK after she's returned from a checkup in the Infirmary. If 1 and 2 are supposed to be big clues that baby is other than he seems how have the leading characters managed to miss them? Rodney and Carter are meant to be two of Earth's top brains, Sheppard's a member of Mensa, Ronon is nearly paranoid about all things Wraith and isn't Lorne something to do with security? Michael couldn't have got at them all and conditioned them not to notice anything odd.
    I second that!! The fact that they *aren't* questioning all this leads me to believe we are right in our assumptions.....Talk about a blackhole in the writing especially if it turns out that since no one suspected anything, like they normally do, the kid turns out to Satan in disguise. What are they all goo goo gaa gaa b/c she is preggers?? C'mon something is going on and apparently they are all blind to it.
    Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
    &=AWESOME &Forever
    No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
      I second that!! The fact that they *aren't* questioning all this leads me to believe we are right in our assumptions.....
      Maybe it's all due to one of the Stargate universe laws - intelligent beings of any species have a fit of dumbness whenever the plot requires it.

Talk about a blackhole in the writing especially if it turns out that since no one suspected anything, like they normally do, the kid turns out to Satan in disguise.
      One would expect Carter to read the mission reports, think "That's an amazing three month old fetus" and immediately remember Adria. Or does any conditioning that Teyla might have make her forget to report things like baby helps her to control Wraith Queens?

What are they all goo goo gaa gaa b/c she is preggers?? C'mon something is going on and apparently they are all blind to it.
      I'm still wondering why Teyla doesn't feel that deep cold from within if baby's a Wraith. It would just be her normal, everyday Wraith detecting talent at work and she had this long before Heightmeyer helped her to connect with the Wraith network in 'The Gift'. Has Teyla been conditioned to ignore any Wraithness from her baby?
      sigpic

Comment

~sigh~ Part I

I said I didn't disagree with you here because Beckett and Teyla would be the people he hates most amongst the Atlantis expedition personnel for the reasons you gave.
        Sorry.**

**Note to VB: Reread statements slower and register what is read.

After Michael says that he thought the expedition's plan was a viable way the Queen replies with -

HIVE QUEEN (interrupting): You're only alive because you still may prove to be useful. But I fear, Michael, that the lingering stench of what they have transformed you into will never fade.

I'm just trying to figure out what the scriptwriter intended this conversation to mean. Michael thought that turning other Wraith into humans was a good idea and was astonished when he learned that the Queen had kept the real plan from him. Why didn't the Queen think it a good idea too seeing as having a biological weapon to use in the Wraith civil war would have given her a very powerful advantage over enemy factions? Surely it would have been a less risky course of action than heading off into an unknown galaxy with two hive ships.
        My reasoning of the situation had to deal with the fact that the Queen was extremely intelligent. It's wicked that SGA has extremely intelligent enemies, hence the reason it boggles my mind that they actually win so many battles considering how I find them idiotic more times than not. We'll be taking an Economic look at this through long run and short run initiatives and with a bit of strategic planning.

Look at it as if you're a leader and the immediate short run and the situation there, and then the definite long run. My mind is moving faster than my fingers in this so I'll try to target specific points, and not all I want to target with what I'm about to say.

Short Run:
        1. She starts using the retro-virus: She was aware and this was discussed in Allies that she's the only ship against many of them who would start attacking...sheilds or not. The Wraith are vast in number, this was established since The Rising. Third point, the wraith are mentally connected (someone might let something slip)...meaning if one knows they can spread it amongs their own...established in The Rising II, again in The Siege III, and re-established in Allies. Add all those scenarios together...

They start using retro-virus gas on nests of Wraith or other ships to take out their own. Eventually they will be found out by other Wraith and taken out. Again they would be one ship against a vast many of other Wraith in the Pegasus Galaxy and eventually they would be taken out. There is no if, ands or buts about it. And it would be sooner rather than later.

Middle Run:
        1. Well in this case, let's say she did one and wasn't taken out but didn't go to Earth, as we'll picture in Long Run. Eventually there will be wraith scientist who will be able to create an immunity against the the retro-virus. Admittedly this can also be long run. If not that, we already know that the retro virus doesn't knock keep them human indefinitely----that being said---she'd still eventually be taken out.

Long Run:
        1. Let's say they weren't taken out, and they eventually minimize their food supply to the same problems they had before since the food supply is not fully sustainable...going back to Economics 101, food supply is a limited resource, a scarcity. You would like Earth's location---with the new rich feeding ground, vast array of planets full of people as established from SG1 not counting Earth itself. You would be able to live indefinitely and even if you are able to allocate better amongst your rule and take out any other threats...well then you're in a winner takes all scenario. She'd have dominion and most likely her people would eventually take over. Of course that area would run out of food, but currently it's unlimited and I believe in Rising I or II that the Milky Way Galaxy is much larger than the Peggy. If I was Queen, that'd be uber sweet. I'd have food for a long while.

I do believe that Michael may have had some feelings towards humans that were more amicable, until of course NML. Much the way I felt that the IOA and the military probably felt about Weir in First Strike, the Queen probably sensed or felt because of his "human" experience that he was compromised and not to be trusted. I see nothing wrong with that because that is a realistic scenario considering the situation. He's basically disgusting and disturbing to have around, I wouldn't trust him with any alternative plan...he's just proving to be useful for his knowledge. Michael is less so, I'm not surprised he's not Queen. The Queen however was thinking ahead. Bloody great leader.

What, exactly, was she supposed to be rejecting him for? Was the 'lingering stench' just something to do with the fact that he'd been physically transformed into a human earlier on or was it something else? Is it possible that her reaction was intended to convey something on the lines of her finding Michael's idea offensive? Did his choice of the word 'betray' in relation to the Atlanteans make her regard him as having a warped mentality (by Wraith standards)? Would she have felt differently about him if he'd only reported what the Atlantis expedition was doing without suggesting that she and her hives go along with it? We'll never know now because she's dead and unable to go into details in future stories.
        I agree we won't have specific answers, we'd have to speculate based on the information we were given. Normally, speculating can get one into trouble and I guess a few of my answers may change when we learn about other Queens and other hives. But for this one and since it's in the past, I'm looking at it from the time of Allies to NML. I'll target each question independently.

1. I figured she was rejecting him mainly because he was an unknown entity. She's not sure how much of an affect that the transformation would have on him, rightfully, especially considering that he still smelled of human.

2. I figure it's to do with the fact that he was changed into a human primarily although other things play a factor, such as him requesting a meeting with Teyla. In any event, I'll go by the fact that he was changed as something important...he smells as the food they eat and yet he's wraith. I don't know about you but I'd find it a bit disconcerting. For example, my uncle can't stand watching animals on tv...those computer generated ones speaking like humans, he finds it utterly disconcerting. I don't blame him, I had the same problem with The Chronicles of Narnia when I thought about it. Kind of like my food is talking. Now picture you seeing a wraith but smelling your food. It's a very weird feeling.

3. It could have been her finding Michael's idea offensive. But I find it doubtful we were aware since S1 that the Wraith weren't all buddy/buddy. And looking back at Allies, she ate one of her own; but they've been known to do such a thing.

4. Maybe so, but I think she already thought him warped just because he maintained the smell and probably the Teyla thing in Allies. I would.

5. Don't know, but the retro-virus would prove to be useful. On the way to Earth, she'd have her lead scientists on a counter to for her hive, she'd need an army to enact her wishes so I'm sure she needed the sample to run her own tests. I would have done that.

What does Michael mean when he said the other hive sensed the humanity in him? We'll probably never know because it's likely to be just a 'plot device explanation' to account for him having left the other hive ship in order to breed his super bugs.
        I can't agree it being plot device. There was enough in the relating episodes to pick up on what my have been going on.

You just mentioned that the Queen said you maintained the stench. I figured she's right. They do have a strong sense of smell. Like that moment in The Hive, I always figured that when that Wraith guy was looking at Teyla he was sniffing more the drug off of her and her body. The wraith enzyme.

In any event, he lived amongst humans and periodically drugged and we'll never know how long...lets say 3 months or 6 months for him to do the amount of reconning he was donig. You don't think he'd retain this sort of humanistic essence? That's a biological shift, he'll never be what he was before.
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Part 2

'The Gift' also establishes what Teyla's abilities were before she learned how to open her mind to Wraith in order to set up a telepathic communication.

Spoiler:
          HEIGHTMEYER: Have you always been able to sense the Wraith?

TEYLA: Yes, since I can remember.

and

TEYLA: It feels like a deep cold that comes from within. I first felt it when I was a girl. I could not breathe, and I did not know why, and then we heard the Darts.

and

TEYLA: Charan, do you know why I can sense the Wraith coming?

CHARAN: You were born to it. There have been a few in every generation.

Then there's 'Submersion.

TEYLA: I am sensing a Wraith presence nearby.

SHEPPARD: Are you sure? We’re pretty deep underwater.

TEYLA: I cannot be certain, but I believe it is onboard the drilling platform.

When the others suggest other explanations for her experience she says -

TEYLA: There is a way for me to be sure. If I can reach out with my mind and establish a link ...

TEYLA: If there is no Wraith, then there will be no mind for me to link with, and therefore no risk. But if there is a Wraith nearby ...

This tells us that Teyla doesn't have to open her mind to Wraith in order to sense their presence nearby.
          I never said she has to open her mind in order to sense the Wraith. I said she had to open her mind in order for the Wraith to take control and when we're looking as SoW we can say she also needed to open her mind to that extent to be touched by her spawn in order for her to use it's own power and abilities to take out the Queen.

You could have also added a quote from Instinct, where she says much of the same--and adds a bit of insight into why she may not sense what the spawn may be, if the parasite isn't human. Secondly, the Wraith aren't, as we know from Instinct, fully Wraith as a neonate and through early childhood years. They are humanoid and have human functions. I wonder if the children necessarily exhibit wraith qualities that would allow her to sense them. Remember back in Instinct, she even said that Ellia was something different than the "normal wraith" but she was sure there is definitely one Wraith out there.

I love Instinct because you learn alot about the Wraith and Teyla's abilities. Epiphany also has it's own uses although it does contradict Hide and Seek, but it could be distance...but then that doesn't work. In any event Instinct is great.

SHEPPARD: What about you? Are you sensing anything?

TEYLA: I am not sure.

SHEPPARD: What do you mean?

TEYLA: There is a presence here, but it is ... different.

[The way she's moving her head makes it hard to tell if she's tired, confused or trying to look like she did in “The Gift” a few seconds before the Wraith possessed her.]

TEYLA: I cannot quite explain it.
          If her child really is a Wraith, why isn't her ordinary, everyday Wraith sensing ability operating here if she's enough in tune with it to know it's gender? She could tell that the 'Submersion' Queen was on the drilling station even though she had her mind closed off from Wraith talking and communicating. She couldn't get any closer to a Wraith than actually carrying one as a pregnancy.
          1. Look to the above...I hope that sheds some light. And it's not the case of "operating" but as to what she senses and what they give off. I'm sure if she never knew of Michael, but what happened to him happened, she'd get a weird vibe from him as well. She senses other entities besides the Wraith, hence the reason I mentioned Epiphany...and Instinct bares huge importance and gives massive insight into Teyla's abilities, as I mentioned previously.

As for knowing the gender, I thought the kid told her. Remember she touched minds with it and was able to pull on it's strength as well---this was during the time of the mental battle with the Queen.

I'm starting to think you're making this story out to be way more complicated to understand than it already is and basically making the whole thing to be plots thrown out in left field that cannot garner any sort of scenarios. By doing that you throw out all of the canon history established. Which makes me wonder if you really pay close attention to many of the episodes that are about Teyla and in which Teyla's presence does garner attention.

2. Huh? Where are you getting your statement for question 2? We've established that she can sense the wraith. This was known since S1. I never said she needed to open up her mind to sense the Wraith the wraith. But in order for her to communicate with a Wraith she has to open up her mind to them.

As I said about the pregnancy we have no idea how wraithlike this parasite is. I already stated in the posts above that there is information to speculate on the fact the kid will probably has some Wraith attributes considering it's mother and what we saw in SoW---it's just not human. However, considering that it is in Teyla and Teyla is human (to an extent) and we don't really know much of how the Queens give birth but let's say they don't make many. The parasite is advancing much the same way most births advance. Which would say even if it has Wraith attributes---it is of a humanoid nature which cannot be dismissed.

Although you have questioned it over and over and over again. It's extremely logical that Teyla would not be aware of the parasite's wraith attributes...since I've mentioned scenario after scenario from past seasons to explain.

We only see a glimpse of infant Ellia in 'Instinct' but it's enough to suggest that she looked like a Wraith and not a human child. Zaddik was able to tell she was a young female Wraith as well when he found her so they definitely don't start off as human.

ZADDIK: But, when I found a young female lying unconscious some distance from the crash, I couldn't bring myself to hurt her.
          There is so much vital information in Instinct, that you excluded. Anyway I mentioned a few things above.

As for young female, she wasn't an "infant". Infant relays in my mind up to about Toddler. Ellia was definitely 5-7 years or so from what I remember, which makes her far from infant. Plus, it also gives room to think maybe they look more and more human....like who kows maybe they don't have gils on their faces when their children, but they have weird eyes. We don't know. I know that a 1 year old doesn't look the same when it turns 2 or 3. Same goes on as a human child ages...and this can be said for Wraith as they have human attributes which have been mentioned. Not to mention, Ellia the younger looks nothing at all like Ellia the older, except for dark hair and marks on her face. But we don't if Wraith children as "infants" have those marks. Plus, this can't be used in the case of Teyla because Teyla is human more so than Wraith. That needs to be taken into consideration. Teyla IS the mother, so far as we know. The child would take something after her.

Wraith children start off eating normal food until they reach a certain age, though. Does this mean that they wouldn't come across as Wraith to anyone who has the Wraith gene which gives them Wraith sensing abilities? This sort of explanation would be less baffling for me than Michael being able to manipulate Teyla into not sensing her own child without losing her ability to sense other Wraith. As she's been around a number of Wraith since she got pregnant she'd have noticed if her ordinary, everyday ability had gone.
          I've already asked that. Most likely, no they wouldn't. Look back at Instinct or even Epiphany for the hell of it,Teyla couldn't tell Ellia as Wraith. That would say enough as to how they are sensed. Plus, Michael didn't manipulate her abilities. Her abilities are limited considering she's not as powerful as you may think and that's established. Further more, the child has her DNA, so far as we know, that plays a factor. Which should actually aid you understanding where it's going and not baffle. Another point is that, we don't know what kind of parasite this is. If Michael is involved. We know from Vengeance he's been doing major tests and studies, and he's used Iratus, Wraith (being himself), and human subjects. Do you really think it's too so confusing that Michael couldn't have created something even more superior to a Wraith--as I mentioned in a post previous to this one?!

There is a lot going on here and you're making it seem very black and white and again, far more confusing and enigmatic than it actually is. I won't deny much of my statements are speculations, but I find they have a huge amount of factual presence considering what's been established in the canon history of SGA.

I'll finish the rest....a lot of questions which sort of circular since there is established fact, but I will answer the rest.

Part III on the way.
          Last edited by vaberella; 15 February 2008, 02:03 PM. Reason: fixing quote

Comment

Part 3...and ending for the day!!

Spoiler:
            Back to 'Spoils Of War'. If Wraith have babies around you'd think that a Queen would be able to pick up 'Wraith signals' from them even if they were too subtle for someone like Teyla who is a human with a bit of Wraith DNA.
            Spoiler:
            As I mentioned...think Michael and what I've said of his tests and what he's been doing. Further more, you don't know if she can sense wraith babies. You have no idea if Wraith babies are very humanistic in development. Which leaves much open to wonder about and confirms where the Queen's position is.

Also...go back to "The Gift"....why do you think people like Teyla were a threat. They had wraith abilities that were close to powerful and almost powerful and yet were not wraith. The Wraith would only see a human, not someone with a wraith gene. The same could be the case with this child. People like a Teyla were a threat and they were taken out. Look at what Charin said, it was rumored people like Teyla took out a group of Wraith.

I find it perfectly logical that the Wraith Queen probably wouldn't sense it's wraith. Further more, the Queen would have to enter a mind of the human in order to sense she was even pregnant and that took digging.

The equipment in Atlantis was advanced enough for him to find that Teyla has Wraith DNA in her genetic makeup. Beckett must have left plenty of records concerning Wraith DNA too because there'd have been a number of bodies for him to do research on after 'The Seige'.
            You're incorrect about Beckett and the equipment. You need to rewatch the episode or read the transcript.

Transcript excerpt "The Gift":

Pt. 1:
            Spoiler:
            INFIRMARY. Teyla is talking with Carson.

BECKETT: I ran every test I could on all of you from the get-go. Physiologically, you and your people are the same as we are. I have no explanation for any of your special super-powers.

TEYLA: I only have one.

BECKETT: I've seen you fight, my dear.

TEYLA: I have previously traced this ability as something that is passed on through family lineage. Does that not make it biological?

BECKETT: It would seem so, but without genetic samples from everyone in your family tree, I would have little to no chance of identifying the specific characteristic that causes the anatomical response. (Teyla shakes her head, not understand him.) It'd be difficult.

TEYLA: Any chance you would have time to fly me over to the mainland?

Pt. 2:
            Spoiler:
            WEIR: Well, I translated the first part of the log that you brought back, and ... are you sure you don't wanna have a seat? (Teyla just looks at her. Elizabeth takes a deep breath.) The Wraith were conducting experiments on your ancestors. I-It was just one Wraith, actually, and he was doing it against the wishes of the other Wraith, which was why he was doing it in secret.

TEYLA: What was he doing?

BECKETT: I think he was trying to make their food source more compatible with their species.

TEYLA: I do not understand.

BECKETT: It was very easy to miss. In fact, I couldn't even make the kind of comparison necessary to isolate the specific strand. We needed Wraith cells, which we eventually got, (Teyla sighs and looks away) but then we need a full mapping of the genetic code contained within those cells, which wasn't even fifty percent complete ...

TEYLA: Please! (Elizabeth and Carson look at each other again.) Tell me.

BECKETT: You have some Wraith DNA in your genetic make-up.[/quote]

It's not as easy as you make it out to be. They had to look for it, and even then there is this dea of "some" and there's no way to know to what extent. The equipment is deficient at least, but gave some direction. They still don't have enough knowledge or understanding of wraith physiology to make any bold statements as to Teyla and Wraiths.

Again you have to see Beckett isn't there and he was the one doing most of the studies of the Wraith physiology and make up. Further more you need to look again at NML, if he was so aware of the Wraith and understanding it...and with the samples he had running around he should have perfected the retro-virus...to the point where they STAY human. But Beckett wasn't able to do that. And here in lies why the child might be specifically unique to make it appear unknown. Further more, Michael did recon and we can say by the time of Vengeance...Michael probably had kidnapped Carson. This is why I feel Carson might have helped Michael along, against his will.

The retrovirus worked on male Wraith, though, which suggests that he developed it by using male bodies in his research. It's likely that Ellia's body was brought back to Atlantis for him to study as well. If so, it would hardly have given him an accurate knowledge of Queens because Ellia had been in the process of turning into a bug monster due to the effects of Beckett's prototype retrovirus.
            Possibly.

The Atlantis medical staff would know of real life tests for examining an unborn baby's DNA makeup. If Teyla suspected anything was odd with her baby and told Keller it would be possible to check the baby's DNA against Teyla's DNA (this information should still be in her medical records). If there were any suspicions that the offspring was very Wraithy there'd be all of Beckett's Wraith DNA records to check it against as well.
            That's if she was suspicous. But she's not, possibly she assumes the parasites abilities are inherented from herself and it's human because of Kanan. And who knows, even if she was suspicious the tests run might actually say the parasite is human. And again if Michael is involved, you have no idea what kind of sperm or entity he engineered. Which can alter all you think you know and remove suspicion against Wraith. Plus as you stated...Beckett has nothing on Queens right, wraith babies would be inherently different from wraith males. They would not be the same and that has to be taken into consideration. Because we don't know what wraith neonates are like or how they are. Depending on the stage...maybe development of things are different....which needs to be taken into consideration.

Do you have the actual quote for this? I'd like to see it and puzzle over what he means but can't face the thought of looking through his blog in order to find it. Trying to find SGA references amongst all the other stuff just makes me go cross eyed or start thinking of the Wraith from 'Condemned'.
            So I have to look for it?! ~sigh~ Give me some time, you've worn me down with your questions. It's either been said on his blog or interviews. Unless someone like PG15 beats me to it, I'll post either later today or earlier tomorrow morning.

I'm not saying that it's impossible for the baby to turn out to be a Wraith. I'm just pointing out the things I'd want a halfway convincing explanation for so I didn't end up watching such a story and thinking "What a load of old rhubarb".
            I didn't think any of your points were strongly argued. I'm not saying you're wrong. The history and canon give room for a strong argument otherwise---or in the case for Michael's involvement. Again it could just be human and no Michael...but maybe not----and I'm definitely betting it's NOT human.

An afterthought in a new post to avoid the character limit.

What a number of people in these forums find odd.

Spoiler:
            1: When Teyla's first on the hive ship.

(Just then most of the lights on the Bridge go out and a spotlight illuminates the central console where Teyla has just put her hands onto the controls. The boys turn and stare at her as she looks up in surprise.)

McKAY: How did you do that?

TEYLA (nervously): I don't know. My abilities appear to be stronger than before.

McKAY: She's not kidding! (He looks at the wallscreen ahead of them as Wraith writing spools down it.) According to this, navigation, propulsion and communications are online.

SHEPPARD: Teyla?

TEYLA: I cannot explain it. The moment I connected with the ship, everything became available to me. I can feel the various systems at my disposal.

It turns out she can even fly it effortlessly as well.

2: Teyla is able to take over the mind of a Wraith Queen with the help of a three month old fetus.

What do Sheppard, Rodney, Dex, Lorne and Carter (who would have had the mission reports to read) suspect? Nothing. All that Sheppard wants to know is if Teyla and baby are OK after she's returned from a checkup in the Infirmary. If 1 and 2 are supposed to be big clues that baby is other than he seems how have the leading characters managed to miss them? Rodney and Carter are meant to be two of Earth's top brains, Sheppard's a member of Mensa, Ronon is nearly paranoid about all things Wraith and isn't Lorne something to do with security? Michael couldn't have got at them all and conditioned them not to notice anything odd.

You're really making this way too complicated. As I mentioned it's probably because the parasite's mum has strong abilities. Going back to "The Gift"---as I mentioned previously this has gone on through her lineage. There are peole out there with her "gift" and these gifted have reproduced with humans. I think for Sheppard and everyone else involved they wouldn't be surprised by what Teyla is saying, since they believe Kanan is the father and canon has stated that the kid would have her abilities as well--since the gene doesn't seem to weaken through the generations. As my other posts have mentioned we don't know about Teyla's mother or Father enough to know how Teyla's pregnancy was and what was going on then. Also, for all intents and purpose that would be something normal---or normal for her, and this goes for why security isn't too worried. I'm trying to see why this scenario is hard to grasp.

It's not about Michael conditioning everyone. It's about what canon has put in place and how the SGA ex would probably react because of the known history. This isn't so hard, it's not complicated or as complicated and conspiratorial as you make it out to be.
            Last edited by vaberella; 15 February 2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              Part 3...and ending for the day!!

Spoiler:
              As I mentioned...think Michael and what I've said of his tests and what he's been doing. Further more, you don't know if she can sense wraith babies. You have no idea if Wraith babies are very humanistic in development. Which leaves much open to wonder about and confirms where the Queen's position is.

Also...go back to "The Gift"....why do you think people like Teyla were a threat. They had wraith abilities that were close to powerful and almost powerful and yet were not wraith. The Wraith would only see a human, not someone with a wraith gene. The same could be the case with this child. People like a Teyla were a threat and they were taken out. Look at what Charin said, it was rumored people like Teyla took out a group of Wraith.

I find it perfectly logical that the Wraith Queen probably wouldn't sense it's wraith. Further more, the Queen would have to enter a mind of the human in order to sense she was even pregnant and that took digging.

You're incorrect about Beckett and the equipment. You need to rewatch the episode or read the transcript.

Transcript excerpt "The Gift":

Pt. 1:
              Spoiler:
              INFIRMARY. Teyla is talking with Carson.

BECKETT: I ran every test I could on all of you from the get-go. Physiologically, you and your people are the same as we are. I have no explanation for any of your special super-powers.

TEYLA: I only have one.

BECKETT: I've seen you fight, my dear.

TEYLA: I have previously traced this ability as something that is passed on through family lineage. Does that not make it biological?

BECKETT: It would seem so, but without genetic samples from everyone in your family tree, I would have little to no chance of identifying the specific characteristic that causes the anatomical response. (Teyla shakes her head, not understand him.) It'd be difficult.

TEYLA: Any chance you would have time to fly me over to the mainland?

Pt. 2:
              Spoiler:
              WEIR: Well, I translated the first part of the log that you brought back, and ... are you sure you don't wanna have a seat? (Teyla just looks at her. Elizabeth takes a deep breath.) The Wraith were conducting experiments on your ancestors. I-It was just one Wraith, actually, and he was doing it against the wishes of the other Wraith, which was why he was doing it in secret.

TEYLA: What was he doing?

BECKETT: I think he was trying to make their food source more compatible with their species.

TEYLA: I do not understand.

BECKETT: It was very easy to miss. In fact, I couldn't even make the kind of comparison necessary to isolate the specific strand. We needed Wraith cells, which we eventually got, (Teyla sighs and looks away) but then we need a full mapping of the genetic code contained within those cells, which wasn't even fifty percent complete ...

TEYLA: Please! (Elizabeth and Carson look at each other again.) Tell me.

BECKETT: You have some Wraith DNA in your genetic make-up.

It's not as easy as you make it out to be. They had to look for it, and even then there is this dea of "some" and there's no way to know to what extent. The equipment is deficient at least, but gave some direction. They still don't have enough knowledge or understanding of wraith physiology to make any bold statements as to Teyla and Wraiths.

Again you have to see Beckett isn't there and he was the one doing most of the studies of the Wraith physiology and make up. Further more you need to look again at NML, if he was so aware of the Wraith and understanding it...and with the samples he had running around he should have perfected the retro-virus...to the point where they STAY human. But Beckett wasn't able to do that. And here in lies why the child might be specifically unique to make it appear unknown. Further more, Michael did recon and we can say by the time of Vengeance...Michael probably had kidnapped Carson. This is why I feel Carson might have helped Michael along, against his will.

Possibly.

That's if she was suspicous. But she's not, possibly she assumes the parasites abilities are inherented from herself and it's human because of Kanan. And who knows, even if she was suspicious the tests run might actually say the parasite is human. And again if Michael is involved, you have no idea what kind of sperm or entity he engineered. Which can alter all you think you know and remove suspicion against Wraith. Plus as you stated...Beckett has nothing on Queens right, wraith babies would be inherently different from wraith males. They would not be the same and that has to be taken into consideration. Because we don't know what wraith neonates are like or how they are. Depending on the stage...maybe development of things are different....which needs to be taken into consideration.

So I have to look for it?! ~sigh~ Give me some time, you've worn me down with your questions. It's either been said on his blog or interviews. Unless someone like PG15 beats me to it, I'll post either later today or earlier tomorrow morning.

I didn't think any of your points were strongly argued. I'm not saying you're wrong. The history and canon give room for a strong argument otherwise---or in the case for Michael's involvement. Again it could just be human and no Michael...but maybe not----and I'm definitely betting it's NOT human.

You're really making this way too complicated. As I mentioned it's probably because the parasite's mum has strong abilities. Going back to "The Gift"---as I mentioned previously this has gone on through her lineage. There are peole out there with her "gift" and these gifted have reproduced with humans. I think for Sheppard and everyone else involved they wouldn't be surprised by what Teyla is saying, since they believe Kanan is the father and canon has stated that the kid would have her abilities as well--since the gene doesn't seem to weaken through the generations. As my other posts have mentioned we don't know about Teyla's mother or Father enough to know how Teyla's pregnancy was and what was going on then. Also, for all intents and purpose that would be something normal---or normal for her, and this goes for why security isn't too worried. I'm trying to see why this scenario is hard to grasp.

It's not about Michael conditioning everyone. It's about what canon has put in place and how the SGA ex would probably react because of the known history. This isn't so hard, it's not complicated or as complicated and conspiratorial as you make it out to be.

Ummm...WOW is all I have to say!! You made a lot of points and I need to go back and re read some but you definately explained every aspect of your thoughts on this....good job
              &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Ok you have to check out JM' s blog....there are pics up that will make you laugh....

JM Blog

Spoiler:
                The baby pics are hilarious!! I mean c'mon that is just too much IMO!! They could have kept the placenta though or at least not looked soooo happy holding it!
                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Ok you have to check out JM' s blog....there are pics up that will make you laugh....

JM Blog

Spoiler:
                  The baby pics are hilarious!! I mean c'mon that is just too much IMO!! They could have kept the placenta though or at least not looked soooo happy holding it!

Spoiler:

sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

Spoiler:

LMAO....ahhh those pics kill me
                    &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Sigh. SO not looking at those pics. Placenta? Ew.

If the baby IS super-Wraithy, it IS a boy. Use the retrovirus on him and make him a semi-normal white-haired human.

I want her to keep the kid and raise him like a good Action Mom should.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Eh, it's nothing too bad. The "placenta" is basically a few pink/purple plastic tubes in a zip-lock bag that Carl Binder's holding.

Comment

Still, the whole concept of 'after birth'. Ugh.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            Still, the whole concept of 'after birth'. Ugh.
                            I am not too turned off by it....just as long as we don't get a full on graphic view of it If anything, we will probably see the umbilical cord and that will be the extent of it cuz yeah I don't want to see the placenta!!
                            &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Eh, it's nothing too bad. The "placenta" is basically a few pink/purple plastic tubes in a zip-lock bag that Carl Binder's holding.
                              That sounds like the umbilical cord...
                              Checking the pic with a bit of courage, that's just the umbilical cord. The placenta's big, flat, circular and purple. Whew. I never want to see another placenta again!
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                                That sounds like the umbilical cord...
                                Checking the pic with a bit of courage, that's just the umbilical cord. The placenta's big, flat, circular and purple. Whew. I never want to see another placenta again!
                                I take it you have been to a birth?
                                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Working...
                                X