This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm confused, did we actually like Jonas? I know as far as I can remember, I hated him.
    I did. I missed Danny but loved Jonas.

I didn't like Weir so much either. I think everybody is forgetting just how damned arrogant she was and blindly waving their pro-Weir signs. Her arrogance surpassed even the Ancients and I despised her.

Good riddance to both of them.
    I didn't despise her she just wasn't my favorite character.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaniel4evah! View Post
      No. If anything, Carter was Atlantis's Jonas Quinn, a character brought in mid-way through the show's run to replace an original character, but, despite TPTB's forcing them down our throats and insisting that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, failing miserably.
      How do you figure that?
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaniel4evah! View Post
        No. If anything, Carter was Atlantis's Jonas Quinn, a character brought in mid-way through the show's run to replace an original character, but, despite TPTB's forcing them down our throats and insisting that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, failing miserably.
        Except that never happened, not with Jonas or Carter.

Comment

Jo Mallozzi has confirmed on today's entry of his blog that no specific script details were discussed, which removes dissatisfaction with a script as Torri's reason for declining to return.
          I think she's just got a case of sour grapes.

And Quinn/Carter being rammed down our throats as the best thing since sliced bread is just an opinion.

I think they possibly overdid it a little with Jonas and his super-attention span, but regardless of this, I didn't like the character.
          It makes me laugh that there are people complaining that Carter hasn't been in enough episodes this season, yet there are also people complaining that she's been rammed down our throats! Personally I would have to side with the group who says she hasn't been in it enough. I think there are episodes where she could've fit in quite simply, but which didn't necessarily suffer from her absence.

These forums are stark evidence that PTB cannot satisfy everyone and that there will always be an audible minority shouting negativity around the place.

Sorry I appear to have gone a bit OT here, but in recent weeks I've been noticing the fracture of fandom even more than I used to.

But in short, I don't think there are any valid comparisons between Carter and Quinn, other than they were both on SG-1!
          Last edited by talyn2k1; 15 February 2008, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X