This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
    There is a big difference here though. Torri decided to leave on her own terms even when she was offered to come back. SG-1 pretty much shunned Corin Nemec.
    Agree however I don't remember that being the case with Jonas. I don't remember him being shunned.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      IMO, tptb just can't write base commanders anymore. Hammond was great, but since then....
      What do you have against Landry?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Agree however I don't remember that being the case with Jonas. I don't remember him being shunned.
        Someone correct me if I am wrong, but TPTB stated that Jonas Quinn was done in the SG universe while Corin Nemec stated more that once that he would like to come back.

Comment

No Weir is Weir, this is the second time tptb have had a "problem" with the character/actress. The original actress to play Weir was fraked about by tptb so much that in the end it appears the actress gave up waiting. Enter Torri.

In the case of Jonas, Corrin wanted to continue, in the role... tptb didn't want that apparently.

But all of this is more rumour then fact, we will never know what happened and how we came to this, but I do know in general in TV land EP, Producers like to work with "yes" actors, not ones who want to run the show or tell them how to write their characters/creations... the same thing happens with a lot of shows, where actors believe their own "press releases". Look at Desperate Housewives, one happy family? I think not.

Comment

no Weir isn't the new Quinn, those are two different situations
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
              Don't compare Weir and Jonas. Weir was a regular from the beginning. Jonas came in at Season 6. And a 6-year contract? What were the writers thinking? And now their prized Carter isn't on there and who is left? Woolsey.
              Woolsey is still a better character than Weir.

Am I the only person that liked Jonas? I mean I'm not saying he was equal to Jackson obviously, but he wasn't that bad of a character.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                Someone correct me if I am wrong, but TPTB stated that Jonas Quinn was done in the SG universe while Corin Nemec stated more that once that he would like to come back.
                I don't remember him being "shunned' either. I do recall that he had a 2 year contract that tptb bought out to bring back Daniel. CN did come back for an ep or maybe two in season 7...one ep he even wrote.

I think CN mentioned at a convention he would go back for an ep or 2 if asked and tptb said they didn't have plans to bring back jonas. CN has since gone on.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post

Am I the only person that liked Jonas? I mean I'm not saying he was equal to Jackson obviously, but he wasn't that bad of a character.
                  no you're not, Jonas was a very cool character imo. TBTB did a great job introducing him in s6
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post

IMO woosley is a carbon copy of Rodney. Do you really want Rodney running the city?
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                      What do you have against Landry?
                      Nothing, but Hammond was better.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        Nothing, but Hammond was better.
                        gotta agree with you. Landry's a nice character but Hammond's just awesome. man I'm really
                        Spoiler:
                        looking forward to Continuum
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                          It was funny the first time, now you're just spamming.

As for Weir another Quinn. I don't know much about Quinn, except for some of the past information I've happened upon...so I can't really comment.

However, I do find ths similar to Ford. An sorta open-ended story (which I saw as final) and they fade into background thoughts; or fade into nothingness never mentioned on SGA again or in recent up coming eps or seasons.
                          well i wanted to bring my opinion on all threads on this subject. oh well

and i liked jonas, wish the character came back again, i met corin nemec like 3 days before christmas, he's a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            gotta agree with you. Landry's a nice character but Hammond's just awesome. man I'm really
                            Spoiler:
                            looking forward to Continuum
                            I found them to be very similiar.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I found them to be very similiar.
                              hm maybe but I still prefer Hammond
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                                IMO woosley is a carbon copy of Rodney. Do you really want Rodney running the city?
                                Yes, yes I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X