X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    hm maybe but I still prefer Hammond
    Of course you do. It the curse of the fandom.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I found them to be very similiar.
      Hammond and Landry were similar, in that both are great leaders. However, they each had their own styles.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        I don't remember him being "shunned' either. I do recall that he had a 2 year contract that tptb bought out to bring back Daniel. CN did come back for an ep or maybe two in season 7...one ep he even wrote.

I think CN mentioned at a convention he would go back for an ep or 2 if asked and tptb said they didn't have plans to bring back jonas. CN has since gone on.
        Agreed.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          IMO woosley is a carbon copy of Rodney. Do you really want Rodney running the city?
          I don't see it Rodney is a scientist Woolsey is a politician. Their only similarity would be they are both civilians but both have been around the military extensively. I guess some people think both are wimps but while Rodney might have been at first I don't think it holds true now. Give Woolsey a chance he has had some close calls lately and they are bound to have affected him plus he has a long history with the SGC and has protected them in his own way in the past.
          sigpic
          Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

No. Ford is the new Quinn while Weir is the new Sara Tancredi.

All this Russian roulette monkey business with the cast should come back and bite them in the ass just as it’s doing now. I gather that we are supposed to be mad at Torri Higginson now? Poppycock, I say good on her…self respect RULES!!!
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
            *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
            DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
            DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
              I gather that we are supposed to be mad at Torri Higginson now?
              Where the heck did you gather THAT from?!

Comment

I think Argosy meant that, since it was her decision to leave even though tptb offered her some bit part/breadcrumb for season 5, it's really her fault we have no more Weir or Weiricator or Weiriclone or whatever. If Tori thought she wasn't getting a fair shake and didn't like what they wanted to do with her character, she has every right to say no, and fans of her, Weir and self respect should applaud that decision. It's the same situation Weir faced with the IOA in First Strike, being fed up with bad treatment and standing up for herself... or preparing to before getting blasted. Talk about writers writing what they know. I've liked Tori since seeing her in a CityTV show called Deep in the City back in 2001. If they want to screw the character over, sure, go ahead. The actress doesn't have to be involved in said screwing.

As for Quinn, I was sad to see Daniel go but it was nice to have a nice pair of eyes and a new perspective on Earth and the SGC. All that and his underdeveloped obviously Ancient abilities made me sad to see him go. With Daniel back, Jonas would have been a fifth wheel. As for how the producers treated Nemec, I have no idea. The character, however, really should have been made recurring and not relegated to off-screen producer blog-revealed involvement in resisting the Ori on his planet. Funny, when they wrote him out they also wrote out naquadriah, didn't they?
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I really wished that Jonas was brought over to Atlantis, It thought it was opportune when they launched the show.

In some ways, Weir is the new Quinn, both main cast members and then gone to guest star slots.
                  sigpic

Comment

And then gone forever...
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I'm confused, did we actually like Jonas? I know as far as I can remember, I hated him.

I didn't like Weir so much either. I think everybody is forgetting just how damned arrogant she was and blindly waving their pro-Weir signs. Her arrogance surpassed even the Ancients and I despised her.

Good riddance to both of them.
                      Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Reynolds View Post
                        With the news of Torri Higginson's decision to leave Stargate forever, i was
                        wondering will Elizabeth Weir became the new Jonas Quinn of Atlantis.
                        A well written character "kick" of the show because they had "trouble" with the producers and never to be heard from again?

Although i think i'll not miss Torri's Elizabeth Weir as much as i miss Corin's Jonas Quinn.

Does anyone thinks the same way?
                        No. If anything, Carter was Atlantis's Jonas Quinn, a character brought in mid-way through the show's run to replace an original character, but, despite TPTB's forcing them down our throats and insisting that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, failing miserably.

Comment

"Is Weir the new Quinn?"
                          She is more like the new Ford, Quinn was always a filler character, But like Ford Weir just got phased out!
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Vaniel4evah! View Post
                            No. If anything, Carter was Atlantis's Jonas Quinn, a character brought in mid-way through the show's run to replace an original character, but, despite TPTB's forcing them down our throats and insisting that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, failing miserably.

In your opinion -- in my opinion Carter did very well on SGA. The other difference is that TPTB wanted Carter back full time in season 5, while they did not want Jonas back full time in season 7.

Comment

I wouldn't use the phrase "failing miserably"
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

How did you come to that conclusion?
                                Last edited by jelgate; 10 February 2008, 01:10 PM.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X