X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    to early to be worried about it .. and

dont' judge woolsey untill you see him season 5 (to everyone )
    I agree! I plan to wait to see how Season 5 goes. I hope there is a season 6, we have to wait for Season 5 to come on first.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Anyways...and I'm gonna use this forever now: If you think Woolsey was bad, how did you feel about Rodney when he first appeared? Think about it.
      That's how I look at it. I learned a big lesson on that. When I first heard about Atlantis, I refused to watch it because I had literally despised the character of McKay in the SG-1 episodes. Whining, arrogant, cowardly jerk with no redeeming qualities at all, was how I saw him. Later, after losing SG-1, I borrowed SG:A seasons 1-3 from a friend, and decided that there was enough improvement in the character that I could handle him. I still want to smack him every once in a while but I accept his presence without any qualms now. The same thing happened the first episode I saw that had Woolsey in it. I was prepared to despise him, as I'd despised him in SG-1. But he'd grown as a character, and now I'm fully reconciled to his presence in S5. (Still would have liked Caldwell, though. Sigh. Head-to-head Sheppard - Caldwell. Oh, well, in my dreams )

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      - even when Rodney was introduced as a jerk he was interesting and sweet and snarky enough for me to want to learn more about him.
      Never saw any redeeming qualities back then.

Originally posted by stclare View Post
      To be honest I dont think that TPTB give a flying hoot what the fans think, and to a certain extent thats the right way to be. they know they will please one group or another with what they do. they just have to hope that the groups they make happy are large enough to keep Atlantis high up in ratings.
      They can't really, can they, based on what you've just said. I know that there are some who think they should, but interestingly enough, most of what those want would turn me off. (Not a slam on what others want, simple statement of fact). So, I agree.

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      They want control of Atlantis, we KNOW they do, it's a natural plot progression for them to finally get their way and get one of their men in charge of it. But thing is, we KNOW Woolsey, in The Scourge, he demonstrated to me that he WASN'T a tool, and I liked him in "The Return" and thought his decision to leave certain factors out of his report in "The Seer" was brave of him.

I think bringing Woolsey in will create new drama and tension in the IOA arc and take the show in a direction that was unexpected.
      Agreed. I think the IOA will find they've made a bit of a boo-boo.

Originally posted by flubber View Post
      As for John not taking orders from him, well he didnt always do that for Elizabeth and could you really see him taking orders from Caldwell?
      Would have loved to see the sparks

I have no doubt that what I am about to say will get me in the 'I hate you lots' catergory but I really dont have a broblem with Weir going. She really ended up being used to push the plot along. The character had a few, and I'm sure sombody will tell my how many, episodes where she was a main character. But other than that I think she was underused. As long as they dont push Woolsey in our faces I dont have a problem with it.
      Not from me. I agree completely.

I will watch and see. I dont think that the qualtiy has gone down nor do I object to the fact that they are having SG1 charachters in SGA. If it wasnt for that series there wouldn't be an SGA. As long as the stories are good then I am willing to see what happens. After all the SGC and Atlantis are linked by a rather large gatebridge so why shouldnt they pop up!!!!!! After all the inference it that the SGC is still there even if SG1 has finished.

I view it as an ensemble piece and like any other show, characters come and go. I suppose the same can be said of viewers. I only hope that there are enough of us out there who will keep watching to keep the series going for another season. We will have to wait and see.
      I fully intend to. And from what I've seen so far, I'll stick with it until the end.

I hope that I have not offended anyone by the views I have expressed. If I have then I apologies. This was not my intention.
      IMO, you've been very respectful and tactful.

Comment

Working...
      X