X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

Do you KNOW what Woolsey will be like in Command? Have you considered that MAYBE TPTB wrote him into this role because it will be interested to see how someone is ISN'T an ideal leader handles the job? Has ANYONE considered that MAYBE TPTB have THEIR story to tell and want to make it interesting instead of going for the obvious.

I welcome this decision because it seems to piss fans off, thus, making it original, and certainly not fan service.

Would ANYONE want the end of a book to be rewritten based on what they want whilst they're reading it? No. So STOP getting upset when the Writers do THEIR thing and not your thing.
    You have no idea how awesome you are right now.

Seriously, no idea. The idea? You don't know it. Yes.

Anyways...and I'm gonna use this forever now: If you think Woolsey was bad, how did you feel about Rodney when he first appeared? Think about it.

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
    Woolsey has been a tool throughout sg-1 and atlantis the only way he will change is if he finaly gets laid
    The same thing could be said about Rodney pre-Atlantis.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    This is what ther next season will be like:

Woosley makes bad decision and screws everything up. Rodney complains while he helpes Sheppard fix it.

no new formula, just another face on the hot seat.

reason why they placed woosely in the position...RP was available for the job and they wanted to add him full time.

The show has truly gone cliché and far from original.
    No, see, what is truly cliche and far from original is the scenerio that you've came up with in your own head.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Anyways...and I'm gonna use this forever now: If you think Woolsey was bad, how did you feel about Rodney when he first appeared? Think about it.
      Everyone has been using this comparison since the announcement was made today. But here's the difference - even when Rodney was introduced as a jerk he was interesting and sweet and snarky enough for me to want to learn more about him. I don't find Woolsey interesting. I don't find Woolsey sweet. I don't find Woolsey funny. So the comparison fails with me, and I'm willing to bet it fails for others too.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        Everyone has been using this comparison since the announcement was made today. But here's the difference - even when Rodney was introduced as a jerk he was interesting and sweet and snarky enough for me to want to learn more about him. I don't find Woolsey interesting. I don't find Woolsey sweet. I don't find Woolsey funny. So the comparison fails with me, and I'm willing to bet it fails for others too.
        On a few occasions, I've actually really liked Woolsey. So, I'm willing to at least give this a chance. See where TPTB take it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          On a few occasions, I've actually really liked Woolsey. So, I'm willing to at least give this a chance. See where TPTB take it.
          Yeah, it's going to vary from fan to fan and that's okay! I think what fans think of Woolsey as leader boils down to 1) how much they like/are interested in Woolsey and 2) how much they trust TPTB to pull it off. I don't and...I don't, so it's pretty clear where I stand.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
            Of course it won't work universally. Nothing does in fandom.

But I'm willing to bet it'll work most of the time, based on no evidence other than my gut.

Comment

So in other words u want atlantis to end...changing cast from what people love to what people dont want screws things up
              Which people are you talking about here? When my husband learned who Carter's replacement is he was really pleased because he's always wanted to see Woolsey put in charge of the expedition. Much as I like Carter as a character, I'd have preferred it if Woolsey had been put in charge for Season 4. This means that there are definitely two SGA viewers who approve of the new arrangement.
              sigpic

Comment

Does anyone else think there wont be a season 6? i mean woolsey....come on caldwell would make a way better leader and the latest episodes have been well..crap compared to season 1-2 against the wraith all dark and mysterious.

They should never of replaced wier as the leader from the start and you can tell they are getting despirate with all the high profile sg-1 guest stars
                If the viewing stats are good enough then yes i think there will be a season 6. do i prefer Atlantis of the pre cast shuffle, that's a big fat hairy Yes.

I have seen some good arguments for and against The Woolster, but I remain unconvinced as to why he is the best choice for season 5. although I do not watch SG1 so cannot comment on his interactions there. i can only base my opinion on his few times on Atlantis - he did nothing for me, at all.

To be honest I dont think that TPTB give a flying hoot what the fans think, and to a certain extent thats the right way to be. they know they will please one group or another with what they do. they just have to hope that the groups they make happy are large enough to keep Atlantis high up in ratings.

ive had 3 good years and 1 pretty dire one. season 5 will not be a priority to me, as i live in the UK i dont affect ratings anyway.

Spoiler:
                esp as keller will be a regular next season, we had this with carson i dont see why there is a need to bump up her status shes had more than enough development this season to increase on that would not be good for me personaly.
                sp just in case!
                sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

I think the matter of a S6 will rely on ratings and money - if it keeps decent ratings (in comparison to what else they have) and doesn't cost them too much (certainly won't be as expensive as SG-1 yet) then they'll probably get a sixth season.

One thing a lot of people haven't considered is that RP may actually bring in his own fans too, curious to what he's doing on the show.

I'm always willing to wait and see with these things - I may not like the final result but I never write a show/season/episode off until I've actually seen it. To me it seems silly to do otherwise.
                  sigpic
                  by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                    I think the matter of a S6 will rely on ratings and money - if it keeps decent ratings (in comparison to what else they have) and doesn't cost them too much (certainly won't be as expensive as SG-1 yet) then they'll probably get a sixth season.

One thing a lot of people haven't considered is that RP may actually bring in his own fans too, curious to what he's doing on the show.

I'm always willing to wait and see with these things - I may not like the final result but I never write a show/season/episode off until I've actually seen it. To me it seems silly to do otherwise.
                    Maybe it is silly to you. for me if there are a lot of things i see happenin that i as a fan cant get past, watching it can sully what i liked about it before hand. emotions are very strange things. i kicked x-files to the kirb when it went in the direction i didnt like. do i regret not watching the last 2/3 seasons, no not really im content in my ignorence
                    sigpic
                    banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                      If the viewing stats are good enough then yes i think there will be a season 6. do i prefer Atlantis of the pre cast shuffle, that's a big fat hairy Yes.

I have seen some good arguments for and against The Woolster, but I remain unconvinced as to why he is the best choice for season 5. although I do not watch SG1 so cannot comment on his interactions there. i can only base my opinion on his few times on Atlantis - he did nothing for me, at all.

To be honest I dont think that TPTB give a flying hoot what the fans think, and to a certain extent thats the right way to be. they know they will please one group or another with what they do. they just have to hope that the groups they make happy are large enough to keep Atlantis high up in ratings.

ive had 3 good years and 1 pretty dire one. season 5 will not be a priority to me, as i live in the UK i dont affect ratings anyway.

Spoiler:
                      esp as keller will be a regular next season, we had this with carson i dont see why there is a need to bump up her status shes had more than enough development this season to increase on that would not be good for me personaly.
                      sp just in case!
                      The way I see it, he's the best choice because he's an awful choice. As it stands right now, the IOA is getting extremely problematic, from what I hear of The Ark of Truth there MAY be some involvement in that as well... but even in regular SG1 and SGA eps, the IOA are a pain. They want control of Atlantis, we KNOW they do, it's a natural plot progression for them to finally get their way and get one of their men in charge of it. But thing is, we KNOW Woolsey, in The Scourge, he demonstrated to me that he WASN'T a tool, and I liked him in "The Return" and thought his decision to leave certain factors out of his report in "The Seer" was brave of him.

I think bringing Woolsey in will create new drama and tension in the IOA arc and take the show in a direction that was unexpected.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

How can you not judge him when you see him in action hes like watchin senitor kinsey selfish and looking out for number 1
                        I have to disagree with the view that Woolsey is like Kinsey. He was selfish and looking out for number one and in the end we found out that he had a ga'ould in him. If anything Woolsey is a little out his depth but is a nice guy. After all he could have dropped Elizabeth in it!!

I dont see why he shouldn't be leader after all when we first meet Elizabeth, (ie the actress before Torri, who's name escapes me), she looked completely out of her depth. As for John not taking orders from him, well he didnt always do that for Elizabeth and could you really see him taking orders from Caldwell?

I have no doubt that what I am about to say will get me in the 'I hate you lots' catergory but I really dont have a broblem with Weir going. She really ended up being used to push the plot along. The character had a few, and I'm sure sombody will tell my how many, episodes where she was a main character. But other than that I think she was underused. As long as they dont push Woolsey in our faces I dont have a problem with it.

I have to admit that I am a RP fan too but for me that is not the issue.

I will watch and see. I dont think that the qualtiy has gone down nor do I object to the fact that they are having SG1 charachters in SGA. If it wasnt for that series there wouldn't be an SGA. As long as the stories are good then I am willing to see what happens. After all the SGC and Atlantis are linked by a rather large gatebridge so why shouldnt they pop up!!!!!! After all the inference it that the SGC is still there even if SG1 has finished.

This program like every other sci-fi program has suffered from the people who watch it and end up having a like for a particular character or set of characters. This causes problems when things happen to the character/s that they dont like. I view it as an ensemble piece and like any other show, characters come and go. I suppose the same can be said of viewers. I only hope that there are enough of us out there who will keep watching to keep the series going for another season. We will have to wait and see.

I hope that I have not offended anyone by the views I have expressed. If I have then I apologies. This was not my intention.
                        May your life be fulll of bearhugs but WATCH OUT FOR THE PENGUINS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flubber View Post
                          I have to disagree with the view that Woolsey is like Kinsey. He was selfish and looking out for number one and in the end we found out that he had a ga'ould in him. If anything Woolsey is a little out his depth but is a nice guy. After all he could have dropped Elizabeth in it!!

I dont see why he shouldn't be leader after all when we first meet Elizabeth, (ie the actress before Torri, who's name escapes me), she looked completely out of her depth. As for John not taking orders from him, well he didnt always do that for Elizabeth and could you really see him taking orders from Caldwell?

I have no doubt that what I am about to say will get me in the 'I hate you lots' catergory but I really dont have a broblem with Weir going. She really ended up being used to push the plot along. The character had a few, and I'm sure sombody will tell my how many, episodes where she was a main character. But other than that I think she was underused. As long as they dont push Woolsey in our faces I dont have a problem with it.

I have to admit that I am a RP fan too but for me that is not the issue.

I will watch and see. I dont think that the qualtiy has gone down nor do I object to the fact that they are having SG1 charachters in SGA. If it wasnt for that series there wouldn't be an SGA. As long as the stories are good then I am willing to see what happens. After all the SGC and Atlantis are linked by a rather large gatebridge so why shouldnt they pop up!!!!!! After all the inference it that the SGC is still there even if SG1 has finished.

This program like every other sci-fi program has suffered from the people who watch it and end up having a like for a particular character or set of characters. This causes problems when things happen to the character/s that they dont like. I view it as an ensemble piece and like any other show, characters come and go. I suppose the same can be said of viewers. I only hope that there are enough of us out there who will keep watching to keep the series going for another season. We will have to wait and see.

I hope that I have not offended anyone by the views I have expressed. If I have then I apologies. This was not my intention.
                          Not offended at all

for me a 1or2 ep crossover would have been ok. but i dislike sg1 immensley seeing more and more crossovers/permanant replacements really dented my viewing pleasure. seeing that it is continuing in season 5 has only strengthed my unhappiness with the way this show is going.
                          sigpic
                          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                            Maybe it is silly to you. for me if there are a lot of things i see happenin that i as a fan cant get past, watching it can sully what i liked about it before hand. emotions are very strange things. i kicked x-files to the kirb when it went in the direction i didnt like. do i regret not watching the last 2/3 seasons, no not really im content in my ignorence
                            I did the same with the XFiles - not because I didn't like the changes as such but because I think it disappeared too far up its own backside and became too convoluted so as to make trying to follow it a chore rather than enjoyable...

Personally, watching a 'bad' season of something wouldn't ruin what had come before to me - I, for example, didn't like the later series of Sliders and having given it a chance eventually stopped watching. Never stopped me enjoying the good series at the start though

My personal view is that I'll give it a chance and reserve my overall judgement until I see what happens. I really didn't like the idea of Carter or Keller much at all (and was a big fan of Weir and Beckett) but watched this series anyway. Carter I've liked, Keller I haven't and overall I've enjoyed the series. I just couldn't suddenly stop watching something because I didn't think I'd like the direction that the show was going in or didn't agree with the changes - I'd be too curious about what actually happened! I only stop watching when I don't like what I'm seeing on the screen every week.
                            sigpic
                            by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              The way I see it, he's the best choice because he's an awful choice. As it stands right now, the IOA is getting extremely problematic, from what I hear of The Ark of Truth there MAY be some involvement in that as well... but even in regular SG1 and SGA eps, the IOA are a pain. They want control of Atlantis, we KNOW they do, it's a natural plot progression for them to finally get their way and get one of their men in charge of it. But thing is, we KNOW Woolsey, in The Scourge, he demonstrated to me that he WASN'T a tool, and I liked him in "The Return" and thought his decision to leave certain factors out of his report in "The Seer" was brave of him.

I think bringing Woolsey in will create new drama and tension in the IOA arc and take the show in a direction that was unexpected.
                              Exactly.

And the first time Woolsey directly disobeys the IOA for the good of the expedition, the haters will be cheering along with the rest of us.

Try to look at the big picture. Placing Woolsey in this position is the last thing many people would expect or want (in the SGA universe) and it's going to make for GREAT story telling.

Peace, love and understanding make for very boring tales. Tension, distrust and animosity? Now THAT'S where it's at.

Syfy: Where science fiction goes to die...

Comment

spolied for size
                                Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                                I did the same with the XFiles - not because I didn't like the changes as such but because I think it disappeared too far up its own backside and became too convoluted so as to make trying to follow it a chore rather than enjoyable...

Personally, watching a 'bad' season of something wouldn't ruin what had come before to me - I, for example, didn't like the later series of Sliders and having given it a chance eventually stopped watching. Never stopped me enjoying the good series at the start though

My personal view is that I'll give it a chance and reserve my overall judgement until I see what happens. I really didn't like the idea of Carter or Keller much at all (and was a big fan of Weir and Beckett) but watched this series anyway. Carter I've liked, Keller I haven't and overall I've enjoyed the series. I just couldn't suddenly stop watching something because I didn't think I'd like the direction that the show was going in or didn't agree with the changes - I'd be too curious about what actually happened! I only stop watching when I don't like what I'm seeing on the screen every week.

im afraid though that by the half way mark of this season i had stopped the rush to pay for downloads at all and have caught the odd ep on the tv, out of order and was totaly not bothered.

ill still hang out at my fave threads and discuss the odd ep i see, but the show no longer works for me the way it once did.

The Woolster is definatley not the pull i needed to regain interest. i hope though that i catch a good ep in season 5 that relights my fire, but i wont hold my breath.

though it seems this idea is realy working for you i hope it lives up to your expectations.
                                sigpic
                                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Working...
                                X