This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
    Does anyone else think there wont be a season 6? i mean woolsey....come on caldwell would make a way better leader and the latest episodes have been well..crap compared to season 1-2 against the wraith all dark and mysterious.

They should never of replaced wier as the leader from the start and you can tell they are getting despirate with all the high profile sg-1 guest stars
    I just don't see how being an off-world Commander is actually in character for Woolsey, of all people. He's definitely even more of a bureaucrat than Elizabeth Weir was. I don't understand why the SGA writers didn't choose someone like Caldwell. Maybe they think a change will spice up the show for the better? As far as season 6 is concerned, I think it is just too early to tell whether or not there will be one. They haven't started shooting 5 yet. Anything could happen before we get to another season. One step at a time.
    StarshineRoxie
    A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      s6 will depend on the ratings for the back half of s4 (which is doing pretty good) and maybe the first two or three eps of s5

high profile SG-1 stars??? hm let's see, there's Carter. oh and Teal'c in s4 and probably Daniel in s5 as guest stars in 1 or 2 eps

I second this! he wasn't my first choice but I'm looking forward to his character in s5
      Agreed.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

Do you KNOW what Woolsey will be like in Command? Have you considered that MAYBE TPTB wrote him into this role because it will be interested to see how someone is ISN'T an ideal leader handles the job? Has ANYONE considered that MAYBE TPTB have THEIR story to tell and want to make it interesting instead of going for the obvious.

I welcome this decision because it seems to piss fans off, thus, making it original, and certainly not fan service.

Would ANYONE want the end of a book to be rewritten based on what they want whilst they're reading it? No. So STOP getting upset when the Writers do THEIR thing and not your thing.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

Do you KNOW what Woolsey will be like in Command? Have you considered that MAYBE TPTB wrote him into this role because it will be interested to see how someone is ISN'T an ideal leader handles the job? Has ANYONE considered that MAYBE TPTB have THEIR story to tell and want to make it interesting instead of going for the obvious.

I welcome this decision because it seems to piss fans off, thus, making it original, and certainly not fan service.

Would ANYONE want the end of a book to be rewritten based on what they want whilst they're reading it? No. So STOP getting upset when the Writers do THEIR thing and not your thing.
          Elizabeth Weir already went through a learning experience while on the job type of deal during Season 7 of SG1 and Season 1 of SGA. And I didn't say I was against the writers, I just wanted to understand why they chose Woolsey, not shoot them down for it.
          Last edited by starshineRoxie; 05 February 2008, 01:29 PM.
          StarshineRoxie
          sigpic

Comment

I remember JM mentioning once in his blog; that whatever happens to Atlantis here on end, they won’t leave us hanging. Movies, like what’s been done with SG-1 will be made, either to finish storylines or continue them.
            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
              Elizabeth Weir already went through a learning experience while on the job type of deal during Season 1 of SGA. And I didn't say I was against the writers, I just wanted to understand why they chose Woolsey, not shoot them down for it.
              Please...if the idiots (being generous because for all intents and purposes the majority are idiots) in the Ex really learned from their mistakes then we wouldn't be ending up in the same misadventures almost every ep of every season. Not to be funny and I will say each ep has their own unique elements, but let's be serious here?! You can match up each episode to a previous episode in another season.

The reason we watch is because we basically want to see how they DIDN'T learn from experience. They've got more enemies, no friends, and they all have contributed to stupidity some more so than others. They ignore their own teammates warnings, they piss off more people than play nice. Each go on their own reckless adventure bringing others into the danger...on and on it goes.

This is a cycle. There is no learned character. They've all proven otherwise. It all comes down to preference and which one's mistakes or other characteristics you prefer.

RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

For the comment in bold, I thought Weir was it. For the second, you have a point...but to be fair it seemed the obvious was between Caldwell and Woolsey.

The unlikely and less obvious would have been Jack O'Neill himself taking the helm.
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
                Elizabeth Weir already went through a learning experience while on the job type of deal during Season 7 of SG1 and Season 1 of SGA. And I didn't say I was against the writers, I just wanted to understand why they chose Woolsey, not shoot them down for it.
                Weir and Woolsey are very different.

Weir is the traditional reluctant leader but believes in honour and integrity and leaving no man behind, she may have started out as a mere diplomat, but she VERY quickly became more.

Woolsey is different. He's a pessimist. He sees the whole, and is willing to make tough decisions, much like the one Jack had to make in Unnatural Selection to ensure the safety of Earth, unfortunatly, that's often the wrong decision. I'm interested to see what happens.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  Please...if the idiots (being generous because for all intents and purposes the majority are idiots) in the Ex really learned from their mistakes then we wouldn't be ending up in the same misadventures almost every ep of every season. Not to be funny and I will say each ep has their own unique elements, but let's be serious here?! You can match up each episode to a previous episode in another season.

The reason we watch is because we basically want to see how they DIDN'T learn from experience. They've got more enemies, no friends, and they all have contributed to stupidity some more so than others. They ignore their own teammates warnings, they piss off more people than play nice. Each go on their own reckless adventure bringing others into the danger...on and on it goes.

This is a cycle. There is no learned character. They've all proven otherwise. It all comes down to preference and which one's mistakes or other characteristics you prefer.
                  I edited my above post actually. I realized that most of Elizabeth's learning experience actually came from Season 7 of SG1 when she took on the role as leader for the first time. SGA was after she had already learned a few things.

Sheppard is reckless. True, you have a point there. That's why so many love him. Jack O'Neill was the same way on SG1. Because sometimes instinct and real experience matter more than cold hard logic.
                  Last edited by starshineRoxie; 05 February 2008, 01:49 PM.
                  StarshineRoxie
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    It will all come down to ratings and whether or not the numbers are acceptable to skiffy because they don't have anything better to show, much like last season.
                    I mean, Flash Gordon? And these abysmal movies of the week? Come on.

I hope for another season, but I'll continue to enjoy the one ongoing and look forward to the one to come first. If the show's quality drops significantly, bye bye. Besides, what other cool space battles tv show is left? I needs my ship 'splosions!
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

So in other words u want atlantis to end...changing cast from what people love to what people dont want screws things up

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Oh come on. Stop being so melodramatic. REALLY.

There were five main characters to begin with, three are still going strong. Only Weir and Ford didn't stick around, and

Spoiler:
                        Beckett is coming back

So hey, what on earth is the problem?

I LIKE Atlantis. What I hate is the suggestion that SGA is made specifically to cater for the fans' kinks and pleasures. This is an interesting and bold move and reminds me of the days when we were ACTUALLY interested in how the story would unravel instead of ALWAYS knowing that we'd have the same cosey situation each week. Yeesh, Atlantis ending because of cast changes. An unfounded accusation and assumption.

I have to wonder if any of these people who complain read books at all or just want a comfort zone. Sometimes the most amazing ending to a book is that which you would never have wanted. One which angers you, or makes you cry out that it's unfair, but all the while, moved you. TV series are just books continually being written.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Woolsey has been a tool throughout sg-1 and atlantis the only way he will change is if he finaly gets laid

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient View Post
                            Woolsey has been a tool throughout sg-1 and atlantis the only way he will change is if he finaly gets laid
                            There are plenty of Wraith Queen's around...or he could get in touch with Lucius for that herb and get himself some women that way.
                            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Weir and Woolsey are very different.

Weir is the traditional reluctant leader but believes in honour and integrity and leaving no man behind, she may have started out as a mere diplomat, but she VERY quickly became more.

Woolsey is different. He's a pessimist. He sees the whole, and is willing to make tough decisions, much like the one Jack had to make in Unnatural Selection to ensure the safety of Earth, unfortunatly, that's often the wrong decision. I'm interested to see what happens.

This is what ther next season will be like:

Woosley makes bad decision and screws everything up. Rodney complains while he helpes Sheppard fix it.

no new formula, just another face on the hot seat.

reason why they placed woosely in the position...RP was available for the job and they wanted to add him full time.

The show has truly gone cliché and far from original.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                                There are plenty of Wraith Queen's around...or he could get in touch with Lucius for that herb and get himself some women that way.
                                Lol i dont know how id react to that either puke or cry laughing

Comment

Working...
                                X