This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Über View Post
    I am a HUGE Robert Picardo fan....and if anyone has the chops to take a spineless bureaucrat and add layers of much needed depth, it's him.

I hope your right, I have faith in the character and TPTB, I will give Woolsey his fair chance to show all the unbelievers that there is more to him than just what we have seen so far

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I think he is going to do very well. There will be a lot more conflict with him as leader now. We did not get that this current season.
    Well S5 has definately become alot more interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
      Take a step back for a moment, cast change can have a postive effect on a show it opens doors to new stories, new relationships between the new character and the ones that were already there.
      The problem is that SGA has had so many cast changes over the years, that its hard to get invested in someone who may not be there 6 months from now. In season 1, I loved Grodin and Bates, but they got axed for no reason. I used to think Stackhouse was a cutie, but he vanished. I loved Cadman. Look at Ford, Beckett and Weir! Half the beginning regs have been fired! That just speaks of poor planning. Then we get Carter as a reg. . .ooops, she's gone!

How can you possible care for people who keep getting jumbled around? Are the episodes REALLY better?

Now Woolsey. Oh dear. I have a headache.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
        definitely! it's gonna be very different to s4 but I'm really looking forward to it
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
          I was suprised they went with Woolsey, I figured it was between Caldwell and Ellis.

I do see him bringing a lot of tension and conflict to the show, especially in his dealings with Sheppard. Whether it will be a plus or minus remains to be seen. I'm trying to stay optimistic.
          I'm definitely optimistic - I was rooting for Caldwell, simply because having both JF and MP in lots of episodes would have been, well, super? Ahem.

However, I think the possibilities with Woolsey are excellent.

Love your sig line - I'd say chronic for me, though

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            Have to say I'm warming to the idea slowly

I wonder how Caldwell and Ellis will deal with Woolsey!
            *giggles* I sense frustration in their future.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            i think ellis and woolsey will get along fine. there both non sense type people who like to get to the point
            I think fur will fly. While they are both no-nonsense types, they view the world from completely different perspectives. The first time Woolsey tries to dress Ellis down like Carter did....

Originally posted by Über View Post
            I am a HUGE Robert Picardo fan....and if anyone has the chops to take a spineless bureaucrat and add layers of much needed depth, it's him.

I saw RP in a different show, playing the bad guy, and I was floored. He was really scary. Kinda Incredible Hulk "you won't like me when I'm angry" scary.

When the writers find his voice, he could be really great.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana
            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

You know with Johns
              Spoiler:
              now dead dad being rich surely John got some sweet inheritance ? His brother sure did seem jealous of John. I wonder if that would be enough to put towards the Stargate Program & give the IOA the finger
              Last edited by Skydiver; 05 February 2008, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Sorry for mentioning L&*^s - won't do it again LOL, though I meant it in a purely rhetorical sense!

She was replaced due to the IOA not because she was an incompetent leader. This allows her character to not be slammed and opens up a whole lot of conflict plus I am reasonably sure once Woolsey realizes why the IOA put him in charge, I suspect he will rebel some and learn to make the bests decisions for Atlantis and not necessarily the IOA. After all he is stuck on Atlantis and his survival will be important to him.
                Completely agree with this - its not just going to be conflict with the Atlantis members, but the IOA's objectives and how he copes with that dilemna will be very interesting. I also like how it frees up Sheppard to really be the military leader - someone like Caldwell would simply take over that role & limit Sheppard's character growth. Picardo's a great actor & I've no doubt that the writers will rise to the challenge of writing for him & evolving the character as they have for Hewlett/McKay.

Re Carson, I'll take 5 solid, quality episodes any day over the throw way lines here & there we've had, or completely illogical lack of in some eps, for Carter as a main character.

Comment

Thinking about it, Woolsey is probably more realistic as a boss than I first thought. I mean, how many of us have had bosses that we feel just don't "get" what it is like in the trenches and seem to be more interested in presenting a rosy picture to their superiors than in actually making the life of the people who do the "real" work better. IMHO, Wier and Carter are who we wish our bosses to be, Woolsey will be more like who they are. (although having been a "manager" for a while, things do look different on the other side of the fence)
                  sigpic

Comment

To catch up on Richard Woolsey check out these episodes...

Stargate SG-1

Heroes: Part 2 (Season 7)
                    Inauguration (Season 7)
                    Prototype (Season 9)
                    The Scourge (Season 9)
                    Flesh and Blood (Season 10)
                    Morpheus (Season 10)
                    The Shroud (Season 10)

Stargate Atlantis

No Man's Land (Season 3)
                    Misbegotten (Season 3)
                    The Return: Part 1 (Season 3)
                    The Return: Part 2 (Season 3)
                    The Seer (Season 4)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                      No joke there!!! I'm still not sure if it's going to be for good or bad, but I guess we shall just have to wait and see.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        The problem is that SGA has had so many cast changes over the years, that its hard to get invested in someone who may not be there 6 months from now. In season 1, I loved Grodin and Bates, but they got axed for no reason. I used to think Stackhouse was a cutie, but he vanished. I loved Cadman. Look at Ford, Beckett and Weir! Half the beginning regs have been fired! That just speaks of poor planning. Then we get Carter as a reg. . .ooops, she's gone!

How can you possible care for people who keep getting jumbled around? Are the episodes REALLY better?

Now Woolsey. Oh dear. I have a headache.
                        Unfortunately, some cast changes are based on what happens in real life to the actors. AT and Sanctuary, for one.

Grodin and Bates were secondary characters. You see them when you see them, and therefore they're good ones to go - at least TPTB don't get accused of 'redshirt murder' when they go; nope, they get castigated for removing characters that some people adore. Makes a nice change, I guess - thumbscrews instead of bastinado

Stackhouse? Don't even know who he was.
                        Cadman? Despised her from her introduction. Was glad she wasn't used often.
                        Ford? Meh. Boring from the beginning, to me.
                        Becket? Cried when he died. Grumbled heartily.
                        Weir? Meh. Sorry to those who loved her, but IMO she was the most replaceable of the regs.

And yeah, IMO, the stories are getting better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          definitely! it's gonna be very different to s4 but I'm really looking forward to it
                          Same here

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post
                          I'm definitely optimistic - I was rooting for Caldwell, simply because having both JF and MP in lots of episodes would have been, well, super? Ahem.
                          Yeah I was hoping for Caldwell, I'm not at all surprised about Woolsey though...

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post
                          However, I think the possibilities with Woolsey are excellent.
                          He definately has a good chance here to show us that there is more to him than what we have seen so far...

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          To catch up on Richard Woolsey check out these episodes...

Stargate SG-1

Heroes: Part 2 (Season 7)
                          Inauguration (Season 7)
                          Prototype (Season 9)
                          The Scourge (Season 9)
                          Flesh and Blood (Season 10)
                          Morpheus (Season 10)
                          The Shroud (Season 10)

Stargate Atlantis

No Man's Land (Season 3)
                          Misbegotten (Season 3)
                          The Return: Part 1 (Season 3)
                          The Return: Part 2 (Season 3)
                          The Seer (Season 4)
                          Thanks for the info... Even though I already knew it

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                            No joke there!!! I'm still not sure if it's going to be for good or bad, but I guess we shall just have to wait and see.
                            Good Attitude, wish everyone was thinking like that!
                            sigpic

Comment

From a storyline POV, Woolsey as the new commander makes perfect sense. IMHO, the IOA has been waiting (hovering like vultures...) to get a man/woman on the inside of SGC. Carter leaving opened the door and here comes Woolsey. I don't believe TPTB stayed up all night trying to find a way to kill the show or tick off the fans, I think they made a very logical and well thought out storyline decision. The placement of Woolsey by the IOA is the type of bureaucratic decision that happens all the time in the real world. Kudos to the writers for having the guts to make a great, though what they knew would be an unpopular choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                                And the look on Ronon's face should be priceless the first time Woolsey tries to tell him to do something.
                                Not to mention the look on Woosley's face when he sees the look on Ronan's face.
                                sigpic
                                FOX Network

Comment

Working...
                                X