Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah! I wonder what dramatic pose they will have Woolsey in, it is common knowledge that each of them have a very dramatic face pose in the intro.

Hmm maybe him giving his "Oh no we are doomed" glance, or maybe his "We can't trust anything" stare.

I wonder, could I be in Stargate?
    Probably not

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
      I'm betting it's the same one who came up with the idea of removing Elizabeth.
      I second that... I wonder what are they thinking... I really don't see Woolsey as a good leader for Atlantis! Nohing wrong about the actor, I like him, but... Woolsey?
      ~The truth is... through the Stargate!!!~

My scroll

Comment

I was kind of hoping it would either be Caldwell or Ellis, as I would have thought they'd want to continue on with military leadership. It seems a bit, I don't know the word for it, capricious?, to just change back and forth like this. Hope they come up with a good reason to justify the move.
        That said, I'll give Woolsey a chance, and hopefully they can develop his character into someone annoying enough to create some tension and interesting conflicts with the Team, but just likeable enough that we don't constantly wish him gated into space.
        Last edited by Lythisrose; 05 February 2008, 08:26 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
          I wouldn't go that far. There might be some people that don't like it but there are a lot of Trek fans that are probably excited.

Personally, it's not the guy I wanted but I'm not upset about it. It gives them the chance to make Shep a rebelious leader again. That's something that was key to his character from the beginning.
          Exactly! I hated the character at first, but he does seem to learn (still not particularly brave, though ) His actions at Carter's review time show that.

I don't think he's going to have a huge part, and if it gets Shep back again, I'll be most pleased....

Comment

I think I died a little inside when reading those news.

Woolsey is </3.
            ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
              Then IMO those people aren't fans of the 'show' itself. If you are going to stop watching an entire series/show b/c of one character then that is stupid. Now if the entire show were to go in a different direction, say no more Wraith and a new enemy shows up then I could say I probably wouldn't watch. There have been many shows out there that I watch where there is was one character I hated and absolutely couldn't stand but I still watched the show b/c I am a fan of the 'show.'

If you detest Woosley fine....but if that is the only reason you are not going to watch...that is stupid.
              Yep, I knew if was only a matter of time before someone started the "true fan" crap. It's the fandom equivalent of Godwin's law.

Comment

Originally posted by licia View Post
                I really like this move. s4 has been my favorite so far - I could do without Carter & Keller because I don't feel they add a lot in terms of dramatic potential, but what I like about Woolsey is that he has that in spades and IMO it will really add to s5. It seems obvious he's not going to get on with Sheppard & McKay, but is he really going to be completely isolated from everyone? Woolsey's smart & competent enough if he's managed to get promoted to commander to be able to forge alliances with people he has to work with even if they don't like him - so who's it going to be on Atlantis? How's he going to balance military versus civilian/scientific objectives? How's he going to deal with the Larrins & Michaels & Lucius' of Pegasus? A purely military character like Caldwell doesn't have that potential, & IMO they missed some of the opportunity that might have been there with Carter. Besides, I can't see him dominating the entire season as a character, TPTB have a lot to balance with all the other guests etc, so for now I'm going to sit back & enjoy the rest of s4 & wait & see what happens.
                ITA. Let's be optimistic!
                sigpic

Comment

After reading a BUNCH of negative, nasty posts here about this decision, I must reply.

First -- Thank you all writers and producers of SGA for a QUALITY, Best of Class show. We all appreciate your hard work and dedication and efforts to create magic for us, the fans.

Second -- The decision to put Woolsey in charge is a very clever one indeed, at least from a storyline point of view. Robert Picardo is a wonderful, gifted actor and RDA had only GOOD THINGS to say about him when they worked together, (The Return 2). Give the man a chance.

Third -- Now we can all watch the fireworks between him and Sheppard with glee. My guess is, Woolsey will soon learn to defer to Sheppard in all things military while he happily pushes his pencils and rides herd over the other scientists on Atlantis base. The IOA will be (temporarily) mollified and the adventures will continue to roll along with Sheppard taking charge!

Last -- I, for one, am happy with this decision and glad the news is out. I had to give it a while to sink in, but I can now better understand the wisdom of it. Some of you could also benefit from sitting back, taking a breath and thinking it through before you spout doom and gloom.

May Stargate Atlantis continue to amaze us, enthrall us and captivate our collective imaginations for many seasons to come. YAH!
                  Last edited by caz4cats; 05 February 2008, 07:53 AM. Reason: typo...

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    I was kind of hoping it would either be Caldwell or Ellis, as I would have thought they'd want to continue on with military leadership. It seems a bit, I don't know the word for it, capricious?, to just change back and forth like this. Hope they come up with a good reason to justify the move.
                    it's probably the IOA's idea because they don't like someone in the military being in charge of the Atlantis base

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    That said, I'll give Woolsey a chance, and hopefully they can develop his character into someonee annoying enough to create some tension and interesting conflicts with the Team, but just likeable enough that we don't constantly wish him gated into space.
                    same here
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                      I like the choice of Woolsey.

He should be the administrative head of Atlantis and I expect it to be some kind of interim appointment. Sheppard would not have been willing to take the job. This way he will be Military Commander again. Since they are at war with the Wraith, that will leave him in charge of making most of the interesting decisions, without any of the political hassle he was unwilling to endure. It will not prevent him from being a team leader the way he’s always been. Woolsey should be in the background or out of the picture most of the time until he is needed for some conflict/drama/humor. That might make the IOA and the military both happy.

I think RP will make an interesting addition to the cast.
                      I agree, but not many others seem to
                      Wow. Haven't seen this much acrimony since Miller's Crossing :runs and hides:

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                        Then IMO those people aren't fans of the 'show' itself. If you are going to stop watching an entire series/show b/c of one character then that is stupid. Now if the entire show were to go in a different direction, say no more Wraith and a new enemy shows up then I could say I probably wouldn't watch. There have been many shows out there that I watch where there is was one character I hated and absolutely couldn't stand but I still watched the show b/c I am a fan of the 'show.'

If you detest Woosley fine....but if that is the only reason you are not going to watch...that is stupid.
                        i'll still watch it but the shock of woolsey becoming a regular .....caught me off gaurd.

it will be interesting to see how it plays out
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I can just picture Woosley in the next Siege of Atlantis

Woosley - "We're doomed, we're doomed"

Then Ronon knocks him out

John says "Thank you lets go"

Both leave

John - "We cant leave him"

Ronon knocks John out

Then Ronon carries both John & Woosley to the nearest Jumper

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            Ronon in 1 round
                            Fine. A more realistic death match I'd like to see.

Mckay vs. Woolsey.
                            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I was sure it was going to be Caldwell as well, oh well. Actually, this might be a good thing. This way Sheppard will still be the top military guy and pretty much be the guy in charge without actually being the guy in charge. Could work.
                              Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by caz4cats View Post
                                After reading a BUNCH of negative, nasty posts here about this decision, I must reply.

First -- Thank you all writers and producers of SGA for a QUALITY, Best of Class show. We all appreciate your hard work and dedication and efforts to create magic for us, the fans.

Second -- The decision to put Woolsey in charge is a very clever one indeed, at least from a storyline point of view. Robert Picardo is a wonderful, gifted actor and RDA had only GOOD THINGS to say about him when they worked together, (The Return 2). Give the man a chance.

Third -- Now we can all watch the fireworks between him and Sheppard with glee. My guess is, Woolsey will soon learn to defer to Sheppard in all things military while he happily pushes his pencils and rides herd over the other scientists on Atlantis base. The IOA will be (temporarily) mollified and the adventures will continue to roll along with Sheppard taking charge!

Last -- I, for one, am happy with this decision and glad the news is out. I had to give it a while to sink in, but I can now better understand the wisdom of it. Some of you could also benefit from sitting back, taking a breath and thinking it through before you spout doom and gloom.

May Stargate Atlantis continue to amaze us, enthrall us and captivate our collective imaginations for many seasons to come. YAH!
                                Well said. I greened you
                                And my personal favorite above was Third

Comment

Working...
                                X