This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    ROFL! Oh my goodness it's an actual thread! I thought you just made it up! That's hilarious!
    ROTFL ! I just wish I'd created it .

Originally posted by chevron3 View Post
    i haven't heard 2 much about her, i hope they choose a good actress and that her character is normal. All these character changes will make s5 interesting( hopefully in a good way)
    Here's hoping .
    About all we have so far about Porter is a GW article on the homepage ,some spoilers and spec about "Search and Rescue" the S5 opener, and some remarks on JM's blog entries.

With any luck, in the next couple of weeks we'll find out who's playing her at least !

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    I agree with that. I'm also hoping for a good actress, and some decent characterization. I'm very curious to see who gets cast. I'm guessing it won't be a name I recognize though.
    ITA with almost all that.
    I think they may go for a local actress who is new to sci -fi,or pick someone who's appeared in a different show recently ,like maybe as a minor char in BSG ,BW,Jeremiah or something like that,though .
    *Twitches*
    Hope we find out v soon !
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 February 2008, 09:01 AM. Reason: Messed up c/p again.Oy !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by txTart View Post
      I would have rather seen more development of the Lorne and Zelenka characters, rather than bringing on someone new.
      You are not alone.

What can Porter do that Lorne can't do better?

It seems to me that SGA is floundering, and the all-purpose solution TPTB has found is to bring in a "new, shiny character that we know you are going to love!"

But I am worn out with new characters. So, for me, ---- not shiny.
      The very young do not always do as they are told

Comment

Am i the only one who thinks Porter is going to be the love interest of one of the main characters as that is the only reason i can think of her coming into the series as we already have a semi regular military person with Major Lorne.

Comment

Porter's gone!

We’ve pulled the trigger on Porter - who may well be in for yet another name change - casting an actress who had a blink-and-you’ll-miss-her part back in season 3’s Tao of Rodney but did a bang-up job and caught our attention. “We should bring that actress back,”I suggested at the time. And now we have.
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...s-ever-closer/

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            I bet its the woman who McKay read her mind and found out she had the hots for Ronan.

Comment

Leela Savasta

Comment

Dr. Esposito... betcha.

Comment

Umm... i read that as the name 'PORTER' might go but the character was still there..... Unless i've miss read you comment PG15.....

So if it's an actress from Tao of McKay then it's either...

Her
                  Or Her

Personally i'm for the first woman but it's probably the second that they've chosen.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

That's what I meant. The character of Porter is to be replaced by a hitherto known Atlantis character.

The second actress was back for First Strike, so here's hoping for Doctor Esposito!

Comment

Are they ditching the 'captain' idea then, or recasting her as a different character?

Comment

That's what I meant. The character of Porter is to be replaced by a hitherto known Atlantis character.

The second actress was back for First Strike, so here's hoping for Doctor Esposito!
                        Unless the reason they're changing the name is they wanted a different one that they think better fits the second actress?????
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd bet on Leela Savasta too, for the Porter/renamed Captain.She was only in TOA ,whereas Donna Soares was in Submersion and First Strike too.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I hope not. That actress made me cringe through all her lines - I remember that distinctly. Also, *crosses fingers* her part was more than a "blink and you'll miss it" role, although I don't know how JM defines the term.
                            Last edited by Killdeer; 08 February 2008, 03:26 AM.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                              Umm... i read that as the name 'PORTER' might go but the character was still there.....
                              Yeah, I read it as the character still exists too - why would they bother to change the name if they were just getting rid of her?
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

I realy hope the character is sorta 'Cadmanesque', that she's outspoken and not afraid to say how she feels unlike most of the other characters. I don't want her to be the female version of Lorne, whats the point in that? Might as well just have Lorne!

When I read JM's post Esposito was the first character to come to mind, so unless the actress was just an extra or something then I think it might be her. Which I'm OK with
                                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X