Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping the press release would tell us who the actress was. Maybe JM will fill in some of the blanks. *slightly hopeful*
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Inpa writes: “The mysterious character Porter, was an announcement about her *not* included because the actress hasn’t been decided, because she won’t be *significant enough* in the show, or some other reason?”

Answer: She has yet to be cast and we have yet to see how significant a role she will play in season 5.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-all-about-it/
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'm also hoping that Porter will stand on her own and not be shipped or teased to be shipped with a main character by TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          I'm also hoping that Porter will stand on her own and not be shipped or teased to be shipped with a main character by TPTB.
          I think it is a bit weird that they will begin the shooting at 17th February, but they don't have the actress for Porter's role. Will they begin with an other episode? If I remember well, they made Doppelganger at first this year, so if they change The Seed or Broken Ties, where Porter won't appear, than maybe they will win some day for the casting.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
            Why couldn't the just have brought back Cadman, we already like her.
            That's what I was thinking.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            make her an army captain. It's always air-force or marines, mix it up a little. Or even a captain in another military - british or german or australian or something. that would be cool.
            Make her from Sudan. I can't see her being German with the name like Porter, like you can find Porter as common as suar in Sudan...either.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
            I'm not sure if the name Alison Porter actually reveals anything about the character, but I'd really love to see an Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, or any other ethnically diverse character added to the team, (if they really need a new face). And I know Rachel and Jason fit this def, but on the show they are "aliens". I'd like to see some Earth variety too.
            Bless you. But in actuality Middle Eastern is a misnomer and is not a proper geographical nor anthropological term. "Middle Easterns" are West Asians, while those you classed as "Asian", if I'm following you are, East Asians. This doesn't include those of the Sub continent of Asia and/or South Pacific islands which bluntly fall within East and West Asian, respectively. In general they both fall under the universal terminology of Asian.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            "look for a recently canceled scifi show and TPTB will pick it's bones for the season 5 cast

Oh no!!! Do you mean we could be seeing...

Kristanna Loken from Painkiller Jane?!
            Last edited by vaberella; 05 February 2008, 03:39 PM.
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Ditto.
              I hope the PTB let her make her way,and get on with her duties (whatever they are ) without any of all that.I'd like to see an independent ,flawed ,non namby-pamby female ,who cuts through any and all BS ,but hasn't a huge chip on her shoulder.
              I'm sick of seeing "Nice" girls on SGA.

Tall order ?

ETA to reply to Platschu :
              Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I think it is a bit weird that they will begin the shooting at 17th February, but they don't have the actress for Porter's role. Will they begin with an other episode? If I remember well, they made Doppelganger at first this year, so if they change The Seed or Broken Ties, where Porter won't appear, than maybe they will win some day for the casting.
              They could well shoot the Season opener later and start with a different ep in the shooting order,once they select the actress .
              Hopefully I-Tunes won't repeat their mistake in putting the eps out in the wrong order in S5.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 February 2008, 03:53 PM. Reason: Duh ! I messed up the copy/paste and had to redo the latter reply .Go on.Laugh.:P !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Me too.

That'll be the fans' job.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                  Ditto.
                  They could well shoot the Season opener later and start with a different ep in the shooting order,once they select the actress .
                  Well, I would think they would want to shoot Carter's episodes first, since filming starts for Sanctuary in March. And since Carter is in the premiere...
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they can always shoot out of order. Or maybe Porter will be introduced later in the first half?

They do need to find someone soon though. The actress needs enough time to "get into character" in order to be convincing.

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                    Ditto.
                    I hope the PTB let her make her way,and get on with her duties (whatever they are ) without any of all that.I'd like to see an independent ,flawed ,non namby-pamby female ,who cuts through any and all BS ,but hasn't a huge chip on her shoulder.
                    I'm sick of seeing "Nice" girls on SGA.

Tall order ?
                    I hope not. I'd like to see a woman that's no nonsense, independent, and competent but not arrogant or rude either. The closest thing that comes to my mind is a female version of Lorne, I guess.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Me too.

That'll be the fans' job.
                    Hey, it ain't a proper fandom unless there's a group of fans shipping someone with an inanimate object.

Comment

Yeah, they can always shoot out of order. Or maybe Porter will be introduced later in the first half?
                      According to spoilers,
                      Spoiler:
                      Porter is in the premiere. And so is Carter, so I would think it would be one of the first to be filmed.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

Episodes are always shot out of order so they can iron out the details later.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I hope not. I'd like to see a woman that's no nonsense, independent, and competent but not arrogant or rude either. The closest thing that comes to my mind is a female version of Lorne, I guess.
                          I'd rather just see Lorne.

Allison is very front and center in "Search and Rescue" so they better fill the position pretty soon.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

Allison is very front and center in "Search and Rescue" so they better fill the position pretty soon.
                            I don't think so the part hasn't even been cast yet.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                              I like Lorne, but with a man taking charge of Atlantis I'd prefer to see a new female character for some balance. We've had the triad of Weir/Teyla/Kate for 3 seasons, then in s4 it was Carter/Teyla/Keller/Weir and without Porter in s5 it would have been just Teyla/Keller. I always like to see more female characters on SF (though I have my qualms with how TPTB have handled such characters ).

Comment

You know, this is the one piece of the Season 5 puzzle that I'm not sure about. I liked the point someone raised earlier, about why they couldn't just use Cadman. I checked the actress's website, and it seems that she's a singer. Maybe she's busy?

Either way, there is still a chance that this can change. Kavan Smith auditioned for a new character, but TPTB changed their minds and just moved Lorne from SG1 to SGA. The scientist job on Atlantis was originally someone else, but at the last moment, they replaced her with McKay.

Comment

Working...
                                X