This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
    I'm very curious where they will take Woolsey's character. Should become interesting I think.
    Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
    Hopefully to a Wraith feast...
    Oh, Toooooooooooooooooooooooddddddd, Miiiiiiiiiiiiiichaelllllllllll...

Dinner just arrived, boys! Bon appetît...
    Last edited by GoSpikey; 05 February 2008, 10:43 AM.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      Woolsey can't pull military rank on Shep either, so his leadership is really toothless compared to Carter's.

"Don't make me call the IOA on you!"

and Woolsey going: "mummy!!!! they don't like me" "Mummy, they tease me" "Mummy, they don't listen to me"

"heeeeelp, mummy!!!"

sorry can't help myself

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
        Well, maybe Woolsey will make a nice lunch for Todd by the end of season 5 and we may yet see her...
        Yyyyeesssssss!!!!!!!!!!! Please! *Drops to her knees*

Ah well. It'll indeed be mutiny. Hopefully.

How would someone like Richard Woolsey decide about Michael-problems? Although they might be gone after Search & Rescue...

Woolsey, argh!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
          Sure Rodney has changed but he's still not commander of Atlantis material and at this point in time, IMO, neither is Woolsey. You're right of course that he could become so at some point but he'd need a serious personality overhaul.
          it's like putting vala in command of the SGC. or maybourne
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Awesome! I love Bob Picardo as an actor, he was great as the Doctor on Voyager, and does a wonderful job as Woolsey. I'm really looking forward to this.

I guess four commanders in 5 years is a bit too much, even for the military, but I'm gonna like this change. Surprisingly I don't think this will cause as big of an uproar among the fans as was caused when Carter took command.
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              Is anyone annoyed that theres been 4 leaders of Atlantis in 5 Seasons now. Weir, Everett, Carter, Woolsey...Its too much IMO. Though Everett only relieved her of command until he got put out of action a few days later.
              Well, since Everett lasted only a few days before being eaten, does he count?

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Also, this means Sheppard is now military commander of Atlantis again, and I am MORE than ok with that.
                Oh, that's a positive thought! Hmm.

I still don't have to like Woolsey, though, right? It's weird, seeing RP in this show when he was a hologram in another one...

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                  At least we know we will get conflict and drama and hell, they won't even have to leave the city to get it!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                    Is anyone annoyed that theres been 4 leaders of Atlantis in 5 Seasons now. Weir, Everett, Carter, Woolsey...Its too much IMO. Though Everett only relieved her of command until he got put out of action a few days later.
                    Everett was never the leader of the Atlantis Expedition. He was in charge of the military until fed upon. It's only been Weir and Carter.

Comment

Surprisingly I don't think this will cause as big of an uproar among the fans as was caused when Carter took command.
                      No i dont, not atall, i think this chance feels more natural and not, i dont want to sy contrieved, but its not forced, we dont know how its going to go down but i felt that CC was not the perfect choice for the expedition, in fact i havent thought the command was ever really perfect, weir was too inexperienced, carter was too experienced, woolsey is kinda a middle ground, hes obviously not got feild combat experience and hes not that emotionally compatable with running a SG base (you need to be able to cross the line every now and then, like weir and hammond, oniel and to a lesser extent landry) but on the other hand hes more managerial than anyone, hes thurough and he might be able to get things done in atlantis to a degree that the previous commanders havent been able too. I think he would be up for upgrading the defenses, he would be more cautious and more, i dont know sensible about things, but undermined comically and dramatically by Shepard and mckay, i have mixed leaning toward positive feelings towards woolsey.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        Woolsey can't pull military rank on Shep either, so his leadership is really toothless compared to Carter's.

"Don't make me call the IOA on you!"

Oh, you mean like Weir's command?
                        What rank did she have again? Oh right, CIVILIAN.

Shep did not respect her at ALL early first season, and he made sure she knew it. Disobeyed orders and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          instead of bringing a strong leader with some experiences, they chose to bring a clerk
                          Stargate Atlantis is now an HMO. Make sure you fill out your forms in triplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
                            Stargate Atlantis is now an HMO.?* Make sure you fill out your forms in triplicate.
                            I thought it was duplicate
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post

Shep did not respect her at ALL early first season, and he made sure she knew it. Disobeyed orders and everything.
                              Agreed and 100% correct. I don't know what happened S2 to S3 to him but he got neutered. I get the feeling they want to bring more of that rebel Shep from S1 back when I heard Woolsey was leader. He didn't seem too upset or at war with Carter as leader, which I expected. Shep was always known to side with military over Weir, anyway.
                              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post

And then TPTB changed that because the fans wanted to see them work together - not be at each others throat all the time. (If someone has the link to the article/story that was in, please post it. I know I saw it in some article).

Comment

Working...
                                X