X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
    zis poll is vewy confuseeng
    just choose male/female, shipper/non-shipper and if you'd like Larrin back (yes/no/don't care). I hope I'm right
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Yeah I figured it out, but still confusing lol!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        Yeah I figured it out, but still confusing lol!
        yeah this could've been a much simpler poll
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Female, non-Sheppard shipper--NO! I cannot take Larrin seriously after the eps we've seen her in, and by this time I really dislike her. I wouldn't mind seeing other Travelers though.

Comment

I voted for no ship though to be honest I wouldn't mind if they got him back together with his former wife. Finishes the whole Sheppard/Weir/Teyla/Carter/Keller/Randon Ascendant/Random Female Priestess/Random Female with pulse (delete as appropriate) nonsense and set up some lovely angst when the Trust kill her during the obligatory trip back to Earth in Season 5

Comment

I hope she's back, it's nice to see a woman who doesn't fall for Sheppard. It improves the way women are presented on the show.

Vala,

Comment

NO!!!!!!! They put her in sexy clothes (not a problem, I understand what the focus group is), but then instead of writing sexy dialogue for her (or even to make her sound strong, like the leader she's supposed to be), they just make her witchy and nasty. It's not sexy or funny. How can they expect anyone to find that desirable? Carter and Weir are sexy without the need to be nasty. Did I miss a life lesson somewhere along the line?
                HappyCamper

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't think Redhooks is asking about who Larrin is being shipped with. He's just asking us to vote, and say who we are. Male or female, and do we ship Sheppard with someone (Elizabeth, Teyla, McKay, etc) or not.
                  Well, then it's an oxymoron to put "non-Sheppard shipper with someone else." Because A. He's not being shipped and therefore B. can't be with someone else. Unless the someone else is, in each case, Larrin. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by symbioticworld View Post
                    NO!!!!!!! They put her in sexy clothes (not a problem, I understand what the focus group is), but then instead of writing sexy dialogue for her (or even to make her sound strong, like the leader she's supposed to be), they just make her witchy and nasty. It's not sexy or funny. How can they expect anyone to find that desirable? Carter and Weir are sexy without the need to be nasty. Did I miss a life lesson somewhere along the line?
                    TV writers live in a different reality

I think what I dislike about Larrin is that she's smug, virtually all of the time. Plus the fact that instead of talking to Sheppard first, she proceeds to have her thugs work him over. I mean, what kind of a leader is that?

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                      Well, then it's an oxymoron to put "non-Sheppard shipper with someone else." Because A. He's not being shipped and therefore B. can't be with someone else. Unless the someone else is, in each case, Larrin. I don't get it.
                      I took it to mean that a non-Sheppard shipper with someone else won't be objecting to Larrin for the sole reason they want Sheppard with Teyla or Carter for example.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        I think what I dislike about Larrin is that she's smug, virtually all of the time.
                        That’s the best description of her I’ve seen. We’ve mostly only seen her with Sheppard, though. She seems to act differently with her own people. IMO, Larrin has her own agenda.

I think the Travelers are the first truly interesting group of people that they have found in Pegasus. Sheppard needs to maintain an alliance with them and, for now, that means getting along with Larrin. But Larrin is playing him. My guess is he knows that she is playing him; he just isn’t sure why or how to handle her. She may be attractive, but he’s not stupid and he’s not Kirk. He is treading a mine field where she’s concerned. He doesn’t understand her motivation; he doesn’t understand much of anything about her. He clearly has the good sense to be wary (afraid) of her. It is Sheppard’s uncertainty and confusion warring with his usual self confidence (cockiness?) and the imperative of the situation that keeps him off balance and gives his reactions to Larrin so much texture and humor. Where others see him acting juvenilely, I see him acting entirely appropriately for the situation and his history with her (this is being (over) played for humor).

So… I want to learn more about and see more of Larrin, especially, Sheppard trying to figure out how to deal with her. JF plays it so well.
                        sigpic

Comment

God no! Every time she shows up on screen, I reach for my nerf gun and shoot myself in the face. Because doing that is more fun than watching whatever scene she happens to be in. Ugh.
                          sigpic
                          It was Arrested Development

Comment

I don't like Sheppers, ergo I don't ship him with anyone. I voted NO, as I find Larrin to be an all around waste of space and worse, yet another in a long string of women who have been objectified by TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

Male, Non-Sheppard shipper with someone else - No

I didn't like her in Travelers, BAMSR was a better ep. on the other hand I don't really care for this character so it wouldn't bother me that much if she'll be back in s5
                              Oh no! You and I disagree! It must be Ragnarok!
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                Oh no! You and I disagree! It must be Ragnarok!
                                that's my Q to wreak havoc! Odin beware

Comment

Working...
                                X