• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Male, Non-Sheppard shipper with someone else - Yes

I love her banter with Shep, so sue me.
    Sue me too! (Female)
    Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Red, I'm not sure my choice is there? And so I'm getting confused

I'm: Female, non-shipper, who doesn't care about shipping as long as it's not rammed down my throat, who is happy to see Larrin back.

Er, where do I fit in your poll?
    That’s a great way of expressing what I think about shipping: Live and let live and leave me alone.

Female, Non-Sheppard shipper with someone else – Yes – Definitely!
    sigpic

Comment

Female, Non-Sheppard shipper with someone else - No

Comment

Don't care about shipping just want Larrin back. Good character IMO.

Comment

I'm also confused. Sorry - not enough caffeine yet today.

What option do I pick when my response to "Do You Want Larrin In Season 5?" is a resounding "NO"
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

I saw chemistry between Shep/Weir but am not an avid shipper and never want to see Larrin back - she annoyed me.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Female, non-shipper. I'm like Linzi and blue-skyz, I don't really care about ship, but I like the fact that Larrin rattles Shep - keeps him off-balance. I"m certainly not adverse to the idea of toning down the overt sexualness. Make her a little more real, more sympathetic, but bring her back.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana
              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                Female, non-shipper. I'm like Linzi and blue-skyz, I don't really care about ship, but I like the fact that Larrin rattles Shep - keeps him off-balance. I"m certainly not adverse to the idea of toning down the overt sexualness. Make her a little more real, more sympathetic, but bring her back.
                I agree with Ruffles. I wasn't too happy with the way she was presented in BAMSR, but I still think the character has possibilities, and yes, I too like the way she keeps Shep off-balance. So,

female, non-Sheppard shipper with someone else, yes.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

I'm a John/Teyla shipper but would love to see Larrin come back. Didn't particularly like her character, but I like her character in relation to Shepp... totally sends him off balance... anyone else think he just lets her kidnap him and tie him up?
                  don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

I hate Larrin. I want Shep and Teyla together.
                    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Red, I'm not sure my choice is there? And so I'm getting confused

I'm: Female, non-shipper, who doesn't care about shipping as long as it's not rammed down my throat, who is happy to see Larrin back.

Er, where do I fit in your poll?
                      Originally posted by Opener View Post
                      With me and Fen! We don't care about the particulars, who you're with and who you're not. We'd just like to see Larrin return.
                      Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Argh, too many choices. How about yes, no, maybe....

Anyway, no, they can deepsix Larrin out the airlock as she's not a very deep character. Sure, she wears low-cut black leather well (and uses that to her advantage) but otherwise, meh, no, let's kill her off (instead of any of our regulars or recurring folk) and get in a new leader for the Travelers.
                      But which option do I choose? Am I misunderstanding the options? I do find them a little confusing, but I think that could be just me!
                      Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                      I'm also confused. Sorry - not enough caffeine yet today.

What option do I pick when my response to "Do You Want Larrin In Season 5?" is a resounding "NO"
                      Sorry if I confused people, but I was trying to see if a trend could be made with people's choices based on their gender and whether or not they Ship (or Slash, my mistake for not putting that down but just consider ship synonmous with slash for this poll) with another character. I was going to double the choices by adding happy with season 4 or not, but that would have been too many choices. My goal was to have more of a survey than a poll where the answers included demographic info about the people who voted. I was trying to see if some assumptions I have heard stated were true about whether people would like Larrin based on gender and if they ship/slash Sheppard with someone else. I was trying to do a more scientific poll, but could have worded the choices better.

For Linzi - You would be a Female, Non-Sheppard shipper with someone else - Yes

For SMB_Books - You would be a Female, Non-Sheppard shipper with someone else - No or a Female, Sheppard shipper with someone else - No based on whether you are a shipper of Sheppard or not. I understand that you would vote no, but I was trying to see if being a shipper influenced the choice people make.

A poll like this is not useful to me unless it can tell something about who the people are who voted. I even thought about adding age ranges, but that would have really been too many choices.

Thanks again for all your input and those who will vote in the future!!
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Um, why couldn't we have her back without Larrin being shipped off with someone? Couldn't she be an equal-opportunity sexual harasser? She's the commander of spaceship crawling with men, after all.

Not that I like her, or anything. But why no female Kirks? I should think that road runs both ways, or is her sole purpose just to be a slightly more sophisticated version of Vala?

EDIT: Actually, I do think I could like her if she were a female Kirk, and if we could see her kill some more aliens. But no shipping.

Comment

Female, Non-Sheppard shipper with someone else - Don't Care

That pretty much sums it up. I like the travelers, would like to see more of them, but really... if Larrin never shows up again, oh well. If she does, well... then that's fine too

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post

For SMB_Books - You would be a Female, Non-Sheppard shipper with someone else - No or a Female, Sheppard shipper with someone else - No based on whether you are a shipper of Sheppard or not. I understand that you would vote no, but I was trying to see if being a shipper influenced the choice people make.
                            AHA - now I get it. Thank you!
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

female non shipper with a big fat hairy no, to larrin

err i think?
                              sigpic
                              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                                Um, why couldn't we have her back without Larrin being shipped off with someone? Couldn't she be an equal-opportunity sexual harasser? She's the commander of spaceship crawling with men, after all.
                                Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't think Redhooks is asking about who Larrin is being shipped with. He's just asking us to vote, and say who we are. Male or female, and do we ship Sheppard with someone (Elizabeth, Teyla, McKay, etc) or not.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X